BlackDog....Beware

Old 10-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default BlackDog....Beware

first i must say this, i DID NOT loose any money or product in this deal. with that said i want to make the members of RCTech aware of this deal.

let me set the stage for this deal

on september 21 i posted my jrxs for sale on this site. on the same date i recieved a pm from blackdog asking if i would trade for a fttc4, i stated that i was only interested in a xx4 we for trade. Later that day i got another PM from blackdog stating he had a xx-4 that he would trade but he had a race on the 30th of sept. i sent him pics, and he sent me pics. i then (first mistake on my part) told blackdog that if he was fine with the trade i would hold my car untill after the 30th.....he replied, that we would have a deal.
at this point everything is cool.....durring the 8 days or so that we were waiting. i checked some things out about blackdog, looked at old posts, old trades etc....i found nothing to be concerned with, but i had this feeling......cant explain it, but as a man of my word, i suck with the deal.....

in blackdogs mails to me he stated that he was 35 years old. (this is only posted due to the next part of the story)

anyway, along comes the 30th....i get a e-mail from blackdog that the weather was bad and the race was put off till sunday, then on sunday the 31, i get an e-mail that he is sick and not racing. he states that he will ship the car on monday or tuesday. monday morning come around and he again says he is sick and will ship tuesday morn.....in his email he mentions somthing that got my attention, as simple as it may seem...he says he will be shipping the shocks in a bag, because they leak...this piques my attention...
so i ask a few questions that i probbably should have earlier. like any stripped screws, bent shafts, cvds etc.....

this is where it gets interesting....again I LOST NOTHING BUT TIME IN THIS DEAL....but interesting none the less...

anyway....i get a e-mail from the guy or shall i say this guys BROTHER....stating that blackdog had gotten in over his head, and there would be no trade....

at this point i send an e-mail back stating that i wanted a better explaination from them, i got no explaination,

i have all the e-mails and pm's regarding this deal, if anyone wants to see the documentation, i have it....

again i LOST NOTHING in the deal, just making ppl aware of some shady practices......

Matt Miller
Old 10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gee Matt, is that the actual car you were supposed to trade to me for an RDX, or were you going to do another switcheroo?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i dont see any feed back on me....if it is a problem, start feedback....