Search

ripped off by rctech member "fallout"

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ripped off by rctech member "fallout"

Hi guys, here is what happened.

It was time for some new batteries so i was selling my old ones on rctech
A person on rctech enquired to buy a Pro match 3700 and an Orion 3300 for 75$ shipped for the 2.

I told him he could pay by paypal,he payed the money about 3 days later,i told him i could not post them for a while as i was busy etc.

He lodged a complaint about 10 days after he paid so i sent them that next day but the day after i had sent the batteries,he recieved a refund from paypal out of my paypal account!

The batteries were sent by registered post on the 29/05/06.
I told him i had posted them and he said he no longer wanted them and he would send them back when he recieved them.
I have still not got the battereies.

Up until today i had lost the registration form but i luckily found it while cleaning,i rang Aust post and tracked the package,it turns out its sitting in the waroonga post office where this guy lives and theres no way of getting it back until he goes down there and sends it back,they have been sitting there for a month or so now and i dont want the batts to get damaged...

This guy is ignoring all my pm's and emails.

What can i do????

here is his member profile: http://www.rctech.net/forum/member.php?userid=29709

Please help as i would like either my 70$ back or my batteries back
Old 07-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If the address isnt too far, whats stopping you from picking it up yourself? or maybe you are far away? just a tip, no offence intended
Old 07-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default re

What!!!! 10 days after he paid and you STILL hadn't sent the batteries!!! You could have avoided this!!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRAD
What!!!! 10 days after he paid and you STILL hadn't sent the batteries!!! You could have avoided this!!

Ditto, why would you want to sell something that you can't ship right away?

Maybe he's taking his sweet time to ship them back to you as you took to ship to him.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

He did say that the guy didnt pay him for 3 days. So, will spot him a couple of days and call it 5 days then before he shipped. Thats not too bad considering he did tell the guy that he wouldnt be able to ship them "for awhile". But, whats "awhile"? A week? Two? I certainly dont blame him for complaining, especially if you didnt give him a specific time frame. But he should have told you that he was going to do a charge back first. Also, did you tell him that they had actually shipped BEFORE he did the charge back? Or did you just go and ship them after you read the complaint against you? Did you communicate with him first before you physically shipped them? Your situation sucks, but like stated above, looks like you could have avoided the situation you are in. I dont understand though, why the package cant be sent back, I thought "undeliverable" packages got returned to sender.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It depends on when the seller said he could not ship for awhile.

Did the seller say that BEFORE the buyer paid? Or AFTER the buyer paid?