Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE - Hobby X - lost $345 to him

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default um

and i thought i got ripped of on the jr servo (maxx breaker still has not set the money)
Old 10-06-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1armed1
Magoo,
As a warning.
If you withdrawl the money from paypal and the payment is reversed paypal will put your account in the negative,

Yep that is so true. About 2 yrs ago I sold a XXX-SG+ on here to a guy. He send me pm after pm about he got the car and that is was better than described and that he had ran it a few times already. So I am thinking everything is ok. I sold something else a few weeks later to Open my Pay-pal account to find it in the negative.... How you ask!

The guy that bought my XXX-s had paid me thru pay-pal with money he had recieved from selling something on e-bay, a piece of furniture or something. Well the lady he sold that to wasn't happy and filed a claim with pay-pal. They went back to EVERYONE he had paid using the money she sent him.

It took me about 3 weeks to finally convince Pay-pal that I HAD NOTHING to do with their transaction. I too had just sent the car out USPS insured. pay-pal would not accept anythng from the PO because it wasn't signed for.

Lesson here, Send EVERYTHING UPS or Fed-ex and watch your account VERY closely!
Old 10-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Or you can do the "smart" thing and NOT use pay-pal, Postal Money Order Only. I have been the recipient of 2 scams such as yours and I now choose not to accept pay-pal because of the scamming and the total lack of protection offered by pay-pal. Sorry to hear that another "good RCTECHER" getting ripped off, I am not buying the "don't know what happened" from the buyer either. I have used this function before on pay-pal and it's not an oops I pushed the wrong button deal...it takes a few steps. And on the money orders I will not ship until it clears my bank...Yes their are quite a few phony money orders going around nowadays also...Remember selling stuff now requires CYA...sucks but you guys know it's true...
Old 10-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

yes, this absolutely sucks....i still don't have my money....it has been over 5 months now...i am still on him like stink on you know what, but he keeps telling me he has sent it, yet he cannot come up with a tracking number - i am finally fedexing him a prepaid fedex envelope today, so i will have all the tracking info, and we will see what happens....

it ceases to amaze me how Charles has acted - unfortunately i let the paypal time frame go away, and now i cannot dispute it b/c i thought this was an honest mistake....i am still on him, and i am seriously considering taking him to small claims court to get my money back...i know i might spend more on recouping my money than the $365 he has yet to pay me, but i would rather have the state have it than him...

all i gotta say is....Buyer Beware....Hobby-X still has not paid me 5 months later....
Old 10-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Yeah paypal sucks. Its not half as safe as a money order. They have alot of people fooled in thinking its really safe.

Sorry to hear about yuor bad luck. Have you thought about calling his local authorities? That might make him take it a little more seriously.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am having the same problems with Charles at Hobby-X. He owes me $300 for a set of Road Rails...and it has been 6 months. Good thing for me that I live in Hawaii so I can go down and get the money, which I should have done a long time ago.

He was supposed to give the money to my friend that visits the track...never happened. I called and said send me the money....check is in the mail...never got here.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yup, call the authorities. He committed mail fraud, a federal offense.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TheNige
I am having the same problems with Charles at Hobby-X. He owes me $300 for a set of Road Rails...and it has been 6 months. Good thing for me that I live in Hawaii so I can go down and get the money, which I should have done a long time ago.

He was supposed to give the money to my friend that visits the track...never happened. I called and said send me the money....check is in the mail...never got here.
yeah, Nige, shoot me a pm and maybe we can do something about this - i just sent him a pre-paid fedex priority overnight envelope so he can just drop a check in the mail....i called him and he said he would put it in the mail as soon as he gets it.....to be honest, i am not holding my breath....

he has said he has sent it twice, yet has not came up with a tracking number either time - if it was me, and i had sent a check or MO out, i would do my darndest to make sure i tracked down my money....

if i don't see the tracking number moving on Tuesday, authorities at Pearl Harbor will be called Wednesday....

Nige - if you need Hobby-X's number let me know....you can also find him on www.hawaiitalks.net, www.hobby-x.net, and he is on myspace as well...
Old 10-14-2006, 03:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

So I went down to Pearl Harbor to pick up my check for the Road Rails. Didn't see Charles but picked it up from Jeff who works for him. Jeff is really cool....and he said that he saw your radio in the shop. I told him your story..

Anyways, got the mail from the bank today that the check bounced....will be working with Jeff to go pick up the Road Rails this weekend.

Avoid Hobby-X and Charles Ariola like the plauge.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wow, not a good way to run a business. If that is what they are.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default .

why not have everyone you know and there mother
join the forum and flame the guy until he takes care of his debts

i think after a pile of abuse he would get tired of being the turd that wouldnt flush
Old 10-26-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nige you shoulda grabbed the radio and sent it to McGoo..then he could turn around and sell it to a guy that will pay him..
Old 10-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

yeah, i am still trying to collect my money....

i sent him a prepaid fedex envelope to send the money....guess what he said he sent it, but....it has never shown up....

that now makes 4 times he said he has sent me the money.....

here are a couple of forums he is apart of:

Hawaii Talks - http://www.hawaiitalks.net/forumdisplay.php?f=91'

Hawaii Pavement Pounders on rctech -
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2415505

If anyone wants to help me out - shoot me a pm and I will give you his cell numbers....i have tried about everything...i just now have to find time to file a complaint with the authorities....

AVOID HOBBY-X
Old 10-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Yup, call the authorities. He committed mail fraud, a federal offense.
only if through the usps fedex ups and dhl dont count private courier's
Old 11-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

still no money - but he claims it has been sent....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.