R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Beware Numskull (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/113763-beware-numskull.html)

jtveten 05-12-2006 01:46 PM

Beware Numskull

It saddens me to report that Numskull, (Shane Osborne), is a person to be wary of when dealing with him.

I sold him a AMB PT, approx. 8 months ago, at the Rain City Slugfest, as a favor to him, for $50.00. He told me he would pay me the following week. Well after chasing him down for 3-4 months he paid me $40.00 of the $50.00 he owed. He purchased some used battery packs from my son at about the same time. I asked him numorous times to pay or return my AMB PT and I'll refund your money.

He now says, after 8 months of racing on my sons used battery packs, " the batteries are no good and I think you should call it even, or you should pay me." If they were bad, why did he race on them for 8 months? If he said they were bad my son or myself would've given him his money back on the spot.

It took him 8 months to come up with that lame excuse to not pay, that's pretty sad. BTW, what does the batteries have to with my AMB PT?

The good news is this is the only rc'r I have come across with this type of attitude and behavior, which is a darn good endorsement for the overall honesty of our rc community.

C_O_jones 05-12-2006 06:35 PM

In defense of NUMSKULL, Shane Osborne, of all the many dealings that I and all the other local racers have had, there have been NO BAD DEALS! He has always paid for his purchases.
I tried to charge and then cycle and charge those stick packs with a Turbo GFX and they were bad, 2 dead cells in each.

This post was removed by the moderator from the NW racers thread and should not have been repeated here and on the for sale thread.

Fred Forg

sharkonwheels 05-12-2006 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
This post was removed by the moderator from the NW racers thread and should not have been repeated here and on the for sale thread.

Fred Forg

Of course it should - this is the "TRADER FEEDBACK" forum!
If the mod of the NW racers wants to allow, and not disapprove, of this behavior, well, that's his/her choice.

I, myself, am interested in knowing about thieves, liars, scammers, ripoff-artists, bad traders, and whatever else. I want to know who to avoid.

You don't tell someone 8 months later that the packs are bad - these are racing packs. He shoulda' known the same dang day. 8 freaking months? Come on...that's a load of BS.

C_O_jones 05-12-2006 07:57 PM

the packs were checked and rechecked that same weekend, should have mentioned it. I know, I got 2 packs too and just threw them away, wasn't worth the hassle.
John and Mark have always sold good eqipment, and for $20 for 2, to me it was no big deal, they were just for my Tamiya mini cooper that hardly ever got used.

Numskull is not a theif or liar.

mtveten 05-12-2006 09:25 PM

Well I sold those old stick packs last September? for $10 ea as well used and told all to check them out and let me know if there was a problem. I have been doing RC for a while and have bought and sold a lot of equipment over the years. Refunds are not an issue but we all know but there is a time and a place to ask for such. If there was a problem he should have said something that weekend and I would have gladly given his money back but to use them for several months and only mention the problem after he is repeatedly asked to pay for his purchase.

BTW if he thought I screwed him on the batts why did he buy my Calandra car a couple of months later? Oh wait its coming back to me now, he was a little short and said he would give me the rest tomorrow. I think we all know that it Shane's world tomorrow never comes.

If you ask me Numskull is a thief. The facts are simple, I sold him 2 batts super cheap and gave him the weekend to make sure he wanted them. a couple months later I sold him my 12th scale, he gave me the money he had and promised to pay the rest the following day. After several weeks of excuses he stopped responding.

After several more months I find that he also bought something from my father a while back that he has yet to pay off. Now 8 maybe 9 months later he thinks he shouldn't have to pay because the used packs he bought back in September are not up to par.

I have bought, sold & traded with lots of racers locally, through this form & eBay and have only been scammed twice. Once by a racer I loaned a part off my can to who later refused to return it and then there was Shane.

Mark

WildChild 05-13-2006 01:56 AM

taking my own side...thats why i dont like to sell some of my stuff...there are certain things that i am very hesitant to sell...batts were one of them...i have given mabye 10 6-cell packs away for that reason...they were starting to act funny so i gave them to a newb and told them that they would be good for practice packs but thats about it...

if i just dropped 20 bux and they were bad...i think i would try to atleast get lunch out of it or something...
you seem like nice guys...JT and MT...and i dont get the feeling that you would just say no to an on the spot refund...

just me...but i would have showed the person as they were being cycled...and the results...even if i had to borrow a turbo or have a friend that had a turbo run them...

but i cant see even mentioning the cells after that long...just about any serious racer dont keep their batts more that 2 or so months...they start to flaten out and you start going backwards...

sorry if i pissed anyone off...wasnt trying to...

C_O_jones 05-13-2006 09:32 AM

It's a little dificult to remember something trivial from 8 months ago, BUT: Shane did pay Johns entry for the 2 day SlugFest race in exchange for the PT.
Just because you broke your car on Sat and did not return on Sunday does not mean you are entitaled to getting your entry fee back, and seeing how neither you or Mark came back on Sunday, we didn't get the oportunity to tell you where to put your wonderfull batteries.

Fred

westerdude42 05-13-2006 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mtveten
Well I sold those old stick packs last September? for $10 ea as well used and told all to check them out and let me know if there was a problem. I have been doing RC for a while and have bought and sold a lot of equipment over the years. Refunds are not an issue but we all know but there is a time and a place to ask for such. If there was a problem he should have said something that weekend and I would have gladly given his money back but to use them for several months and only mention the problem after he is repeatedly asked to pay for his purchase.

BTW if he thought I screwed him on the batts why did he buy my Calandra car a couple of months later? Oh wait its coming back to me now, he was a little short and said he would give me the rest tomorrow. I think we all know that it Shane's world tomorrow never comes.

If you ask me Numskull is a thief. The facts are simple, I sold him 2 batts super cheap and gave him the weekend to make sure he wanted them. a couple months later I sold him my 12th scale, he gave me the money he had and promised to pay the rest the following day. After several weeks of excuses he stopped responding.

After several more months I find that he also bought something from my father a while back that he has yet to pay off. Now 8 maybe 9 months later he thinks he shouldn't have to pay because the used packs he bought back in September are not up to par.

I have bought, sold & traded with lots of racers locally, through this form & eBay and have only been scammed twice. Once by a racer I loaned a part off my can to who later refused to return it and then there was Shane.

Mark

Mark you are completely full of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was standing next to Shane less than a week later when he asked for the refund. You refused point blank so don't lie to everyone and say refunds aren't a problem. I believe you bought some bad batteries and when you couldn't get your money back, you pawned them off on other racers. My question is why haven't you asked Shane about this face to face? He runs at all the local tracks. He's not hard to find. My guess is you know you are full of crap and you never did have the stones to look him in the eye and try to spout this BS.

Numskull 05-13-2006 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by mtveten

Mark

if anyone is a thief it is you mark. you sold 4 batteries that weekend to 3 people and all of us got scewed.I paid your race fee for them.pm you about this and got an i dont care response.you left the 2 day race half way thru the first day so i did not have a chance to tell you about them.and as far as buying your 1/12 car .that was done at the same time i was having the batterys checked.way to take advanage of the new racers.

see you at the races (shane) :flaming:

WildChild 05-13-2006 11:02 AM

well i stand corrected...my bad... :eek:

i thought it sounded funny that yall didnt want your money back...

mtveten 05-13-2006 04:21 PM

Shane & Shane's buddy when you say there is a problem 8 months later I don't care. Like I said I provided the weekend to check them out and make sure they were to your satisfaction. If you were unhappy with them you needed to speak up Saturday @ rain, or when I saw you Sunday eve @ SIR, hell anytime within a week would have been fine with me but months later is too late. I am far from difficult to get a hold of, my RCtech ID is my name, I am at FW at least once a week and I gave you my phone # when you bought the stuff.

You have some strange logic when you fail to pay and in your mind the seller is the thief.

BTW I think it was my $20 race fee not my father's that was paid in lieu of cash for the batts.

Regardless of what you say about our transaction how does that give you the right to short another racer?

Shane's buddy I had repeatedly asked for my money but after a couple months I just gave up, it didn't amount to enough for me to worry about.

If I am the awful seller you claim where are the other compliants? In the last year alone I have sold equipment to over a dozen other racers @ your local track alone and they are all happy.

Mark

jtveten 05-13-2006 05:36 PM

Fred, Your'e getting bad information from Shane, but that stands to reason, based on his and his buddy's inane excuses and lack of taking responsibilty for his own actions, but I wouldn't think anything less of him. No one paid my entry fee to the Slugfest, least of which Shane Osborne. You can verify that with Debbie, (track owner of Rain City) if you would like. Sounds like he's feeding you a bunch of crap, to cover his own ass. Fact is I did him the favor by selling him my AMB PT for $ 50.00 and agreed to let him pay me the following week. Fact, I had to chase him down for 3+ months to get $40.00 out of him with a promise to pay the balance the same week. Fact, he never even resoponded to many, many pm's to him and to his brokeback buddy Westerdude, and messages left at other tracks and racers. Fact he only responded after I posted about him the other day. Fact, his pm to me was a direct quote. The batteries and my AMB PT sale were two separate individuals and sales. Like I said earlier, what does the battery sale have to do with my AMB PT sale? Shane, I gave you eight months to step up and do the right thing and instead you want to turn it around to try and rationalise your dishonest behavior. I would bet I'm not the first person that's had a bad experience dealing with you. I just hope by posting here I'm the last!

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
It's a little dificult to remember something trivial from 8 months ago, BUT: Shane did pay Johns entry for the 2 day SlugFest race in exchange for the PT.
Just because you broke your car on Sat and did not return on Sunday does not mean you are entitaled to getting your entry fee back, and seeing how neither you or Mark came back on Sunday, we didn't get the oportunity to tell you where to put your wonderfull batteries.

Fred

westerdude42 05-13-2006 05:51 PM

I don't understand your confusion Mark. I was standing beside Shane one week later when he told you about the batteries. There was nothing unclear about what was said. The batteries didn't work. Shane asked you to repay him for your entry into Slugfest. You refused saying something along the lines of the batteries were fine when I gave them to you. At that point Shane just walked away. I remember this clearly because I tried to talk him into pursuing it further, but he didn't want to make a scene at SIR. What amazes me even more is that you claim no one has ever complained about the stuff you sold them. Look up at CO Jones's post on this page, sure looks like a complaint to me. The only reason Shane didn't pursue this after talking to you was he decided to let it drop, it wasn't worth the hassle for 10.00. After all this though he doesn't feel that way anymore. We'll come down to FW where you and he can dicuss this face to face like civilized people, but I have to tell you, he no longer wants to let the battery issue rest and does expect a full refund.

jtveten 05-13-2006 05:54 PM

Used Batteries

Wild Child, I agree with you, I give those and better than the ones you mention away, but ones that are good, like when I replace with new ones, I'll just sell them cheap locally. After the purchaser has had a chance to check them out, be it charge, cycle or race them, usually in a couple of weeks they know. If for some reason they don't want them I'll give their money back. No point in making hard feelings over a cheap battery deal or rc part. Even new stuff can have problems.

westerdude42 05-13-2006 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by jtveten
Fred, Your'e getting bad information from Shane, but that stands to reason, based on his and his buddy's inane excuses and lack of taking responsibilty for his own actions, but I wouldn't think anything less of him. No one paid my entry fee to the Slugfest, least of which Shane Osborne. You can verify that with Debbie, (track owner of Rain City) if you would like. Sounds like he's feeding you a bunch of crap, to cover his own ass. Fact is I did him the favor by selling him my AMB PT for $ 50.00 and agreed to let him pay me the following week. Fact, I had to chase him down for 3+ months to get $40.00 out of him with a promise to pay the balance the same week. Fact, he never even resoponded to many, many pm's to him and to his brokeback buddy Westerdude, and messages left at other tracks and racers. Fact he only responded after I posted about him the other day. Fact, his pm to me was a direct quote. The batteries and my AMB PT sale were two separate individuals and sales. Like I said earlier, what does the battery sale have to do with my AMB PT sale? Shane, I gave you eight months to step up and do the right thing and instead you want to turn it around to try and rationalise your dishonest behavior. I would bet I'm not the first person that's had a bad experience dealing with you. I just hope by posting here I'm the last!

Who are you calling brokeback? And what the hell kind of hillbilly term is that? I have no desire to reduce this to name calling, so I'll just see you at FW and we can discuss this like civilized human beings.