Chris Hatt...Beware of this Thief !!

Old 12-29-2002, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Chris Hatt...Beware of this Thief !!

Trader name "hattchris" We made a deal to trade my KO Propo Mars radio with extras for a Tamiya car. Like an idiot...I sent the radio fully expecting the car to be shipped also. I did this because he told me he was a military police officer in the Canadian Military. If you look at his Profile, he lists his business as "Military" . Notice the date he became a user. Long before our deal. He's been willing to lie all this time. He has never served in the military. I have spoken to his Mom and other people who know him and the concensus is that he is a criminal in training. I learned a valuable and expensive lesson and I took to many things for face value. BEWARE....He's out there....waiting for another sucker. Know this Chris Hatt.....Your name is about to be plastered on every site I can get my hands on. Those of you in Kingston, Ontario,Canada.....The next time you see this guy..........tell him to watch his back......his time will come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got a bit upset guy's and forgot to mention.......NO,I did not receive the car in trade and NO ,I can't get him to answer PM or E-mails. No,I have not recovered my radio ....YET !!!

Last edited by Evoracer; 12-29-2002 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Chris Hatt recently stole a brand new reedy ti motor out of my tool box and proceeded to try and sell it to another member of the rc car club in Kingston. It took about 4 weeks and the help of the local hobbie shop but I finaly got my motor back unused. As for Chris I have not been able to find him since. I do know he has been banned from the club in Kingston. I strongly suggest you call Kingston police and try and press charges because I have come to find out he is on probation. Sorry to hear that he has ripped off another person but the word is spreading about what he is doing. Thanks for the post.

Steve
Old 12-29-2002, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Steve,
The details on this guy get worse and worse. I'll contact the Police. If possible could you e-mail a phone number for the local police department. [email protected]
Thanks, Armando
Old 12-29-2002, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

ygm

Steve
Old 12-30-2002, 11:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Please let me know how you make out with the Chris Hatt situation. I put a post in a couple other sights directing them to your post in Kingston so with any luck he will have a hard time trying to resell your radio. What car did he offer for you in trade, as far as I know he currently does not have a car.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Steve,
Wow !! Thanks again. The car offered was a Tamiya Taisan/Starcard Porsche. A collectible from a few years ago. Hate to admit it but he almost got me for more. He said he also had a EVO2 and a 414M2 available new in box. I was going to trade some brand new battery packs for the M2. Luckily the battery supplier ran out of stock so I told Chris I couldn't do that part of the deal.
To anybody reading this drama....the Canadian RC'ers have been great in their support !!! consider yourself lucky if you have fellow drivers that would offer as much help.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

UPDATE......My radio was recovered before delivery to this crook!!! Happy New Year to me !! Sincere thanks to all who offered their help. Wish i could mention your names. To all the Kingston drivers....Do us all a favor and kick Mr. Hatt around the track a few times..maybe he'll learn something before he get's hurt !!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 09:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Glad to hear you will be getting your radio back. As for Chris we won't get the opportunity to kick hi around as he has been banned from our track and possibly some other. It looks like it will be hard for this guy to race anywhere in Ontario. Thanks for your post and bringing to our attention what he had done with any luck we can keep this from happening again in the future.

Steve
Old 12-31-2002, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Good to Hear !

Good to Hear that the radio was recovered before it arrived !, He as certainely been banned from the Ottawa club as well (As per the Ottawa Executives). I also encourage the Club of Toronto, Montreal and Quebec to ban him as well.

MATTS
www.rcottawa.com
www.hobby2000gatineau.com