Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vinyard <--- Liar ### Theif ###

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default resolution

Vineyard why dont you take the engine back and refund speed his money less shipping and handling. Thats what I would do if someone wasnt happy with my product. Just my 2-cents.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lomaric
Vineyard why dont you take the engine back and refund speed his money less shipping and handling. Thats what I would do if someone wasnt happy with my product. Just my 2-cents.
He shouldnt. According to Speed, he already messed the engine more than it was.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:05 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Default My $.02 - the way I see it......

After reading over all of this, my opinion is:

1). Speed buys an engine that has 2 GALLONS through it. The issue is that no one can truly know how those 2 GALLONS were run through the engine and was the engine consistently in a certain temp range, what kind of strain or how was the engine run in the R/C - WOT, moderate street fun or hardcore bashing, etc. Even opening up an engine shows minimal information - personally, after dealing with nitro engines and learning about nitro engines from an individual who has over 25 years experience, what we see in the pics that Speed attached is, to me, typical of an engine that has had 2 GALLONS of fuel through it. I see varnish from the fuel being run through it and any scratches - which I personally cannot make out, outside of the varnish, etc. - is what you would find after this amount of use. Especially if you do not know what fuel he ran through it - the assumption is made that he ran the right % fuel or what you or I would run.

2) It is clear that Vineyard said he replaced the bearings. The question would be, when? How many races were put on the engine after the engine bearings were replaced? And after it was last ran, did the engine sit with any fuel in it? Was after-run-oil cycled through the engine? Any amount of fuel sitting in an engine after it is run will definitely wreak some havoc on bearing seals. I know that other stresses can do it to, but leaving any fuel in the engine block and storing it like that will definitely create some issues.

3) Compression - as far as I'm concerned, anything entering the 2 GALLON through the engine phase is definitely a canadidate for a pinch on the sleeve or even replacement of the sleeve. Novarossi recommends replacement of the conrod, piston and sleeve anytime an engine begins to loose compression - which, with the Novarossi engines, is about 2+ GALLONS of fuel. Hence, the engine was already due for service.

Now, given the above, I would say that the only thing that Vineyard would need to do, is refund Speed enough money to replace the bearings and either compromise some where between pinching the sleeve or partial payment for Speed to purchase a new sleeve and piston - that could be handled between them. I don't think a full refund and return should be in order because Speed knew he was buying a used, 2 GALLON through it engine and should never had set his expectations that it would have been clean and new.

Again, this is just my $.02 and just like every one else, I'm sure they will throw their's in to so setup the collection jar.

PD2
Old 04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lomaric
+1 It is clear Vineyard made at least 1 honest mistake so I think the fairest thing for both parties is to undo the transaction.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I never said I expected a brand new engine. I have bought many used engines from very honest sellers and all were more than expected.

All I wanted was what I was promised. Nothing more, nothing less. If you guys read the quotes on my first post, you could clearly see that he many times assured me that the engine is "perfect" not to worry and he has his reputation in stake. Well... I got an engine with the front rubber seal leaking and the engine is not "perfect". FALSE ADVERTISMENT!

All he could have said that he would refund me enough to get it as described. BUT HE DENIED EVERYTHING AND WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING..

Originally Posted by FOAMPERVERT
I read on some other thread that people have seen you "crash test" your MTX4, so without pointing too many fingers, I'd just like you to keep that in mind as you make your rants.

Anyways, i don't appreciate that you try to make my name mud as well.
If my comment doesn't help, then ignore it.
Where the hell do you see that I crash tested my MTX4? I don't even have a MTX-4.. LOL

What are you trying to pull here?? ruin my credibility??
I was never mean to you.. I nicely told you to stay out it of it if your not 100% sure of the engine..

Originally Posted by PD2
Now, given the above, I would say that the only thing that Vineyard would need to do, is refund Speed enough money to replace the bearings and either compromise some where between pinching the sleeve or partial payment for Speed to purchase a new sleeve and piston - that could be handled between them. I don't think a full refund and return should be in order because Speed knew he was buying a used, 2 GALLON through it engine and should never had set his expectations that it would have been clean and new.
Thats what I would expect.

I guess when I do business with people I expect them to have the same standards as I do. If I'm going to sell a used engine then I would open it up and make sure I describe everything HONESTLY... Like I said before this is not the first used engine I have bought..

Last edited by Speed_Racer; 04-18-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

PD2

1). I run Gammalube 25% here.

2) The bearings were replaced after a race and not ran after that. Any access fuel will be drained and after that I also used Tamiya Engine treatment spray after every run. The bearings should not be leaking oil.

3) Nope the sleeve was not pinched.

Thanks for you input.

Speed, oh please what standard??? dun make me laugh .. i ask and asked many times but you kept ranting and ranting... you did not even bother to give suguestions so what are you trying to prove?

And i did not say i will not do anything so get the facts right.

Now let's move on you cry baby..you choose.

I could either send you a new set of bearings or pay for the services for pinching with OS rocket.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Solving this problem

Vineyard,
Speed_Racer is a very honest guy I will vouch for 100% I've know him for a quite a bit now he would never lie about something like this plus I was the one at Crystal park trying to help him with his engine and I have been in this hobby for over 10 years, and in nitro cars for 5 years. The first time we started the engine the engine started idleing crazy what ever we did we could not make it even idle good enough to put on the track, this whole time the car was on the starer box and we were trying to tune it but no luck. That is when we gave up after running a quarter tank of fuel "on the starter box". So that is when we opened it up and saw that the bearing was shot and it was sucking air from there that is why the engine would not cooperating. At the same time we were checking the bearing we saw that the piston and sleeve barley had any compression and myself personally I always check the temp of the engine when I am tuning it and I do not use the cheap temp guns I use the Exergen temp probe which I know is accurate, and I did not let the temp get over 210 degrees. It is quite obviouse that the sleeve got a bad pinch and the bearing was shot when Speed_Racer recieved the engine. The best way to resolve this problem is to refund Speed_Racer the money and take the engine back to the hobby shop that replaced the bearing and have them replace it again because you stated that you do have the receipt. This is the reason I will never ever purchase a used engine. I've seen this happen way to many times. PEOPLE STOP PURCHASING USED NITRO ENGINES!!! "And that's my 2 cents"
Old 04-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vinyard
PD2

1). I run Gammalube 25% here.

2) The bearings were replaced after a race and not ran after that. Any access fuel will be drained and after that I also used Tamiya Engine treatment spray after every run. The bearings should not be leaking oil.

3) Nope the sleeve was not pinched.

Thanks for you input.

Speed, oh please what standard??? dun make me laugh .. i ask and asked many times but you kept ranting and ranting... you did not even bother to give suguestions so what are you trying to prove?

And i did not say i will not do anything so get the facts right.

Now let's move on you cry baby..you choose.

I could either send you a new set of bearings or pay for the services for pinching with OS rocket.
CRY BABY??? JUST BECAUSE YOUR A PUNK BITCH YOU LIKE TO CALL OTHER PEOPLE NAMES??

First off.. I would not even trust you to send me BRAND NEW BEARINGS... What I think is fair is to give me a refund..So I could get the bearings myself and get the sleeve pinched. I will be happy with that. but you still be a PUNK BITCH FOR BEING DISHONEST.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by superserpent
Vineyard,
Speed_Racer is a very honest guy I will vouch for 100% I've know him for a quite a bit now he would never lie about something like this plus I was the one at Crystal park trying to help him with his engine and I have been in this hobby for over 10 years, and in nitro cars for 5 years. The first time we started the engine the engine started idleing crazy what ever we did we could not make it even idle good enough to put on the track, this whole time the car was on the starer box and we were trying to tune it but no luck. That is when we gave up after running a quarter tank of fuel "on the starter box". So that is when we opened it up and saw that the bearing was shot and it was sucking air from there that is why the engine would not cooperating. At the same time we were checking the bearing we saw that the piston and sleeve barley had any compression and myself personally I always check the temp of the engine when I am tuning it and I do not use the cheap temp guns I use the Exergen temp probe which I know is accurate, and I did not let the temp get over 210 degrees. It is quite obviouse that the sleeve got a bad pinch and the bearing was shot when Speed_Racer recieved the engine. The best way to resolve this problem is to refund Speed_Racer the money and take the engine back to the hobby shop that replaced the bearing and have them replace it again because you stated that you do have the receipt. This is the reason I will never ever purchase a used engine. I've seen this happen way to many times. PEOPLE STOP PURCHASING USED NITRO ENGINES!!! "And that's my 2 cents"
Hi Supe,

Thank you for vouching for him. I too have people that can vouch for me. I will not want to comment on how you guys tune your engines, everybody got their own way. The only thing i am going to say is and for the very last time is... the freaking bearings were changed after a race and not ran till i send it to Speed and it still has good compression when i send it and i have no fucken idea the piston is scratched. The only mistake i have made is the model of the engine and let's make it 2 mistake.. that is selling it.

After Speed told me abt the scratches and all.. I did freaking asked him time and time and time .. u get the point? what does he wan to do with it???? HE kept on ranting and ranting.. gimme a suguestion.. and if that is possible i will do it.. if not surely i would counter it to come to a compromise... but no.. he just rant and rant...

Now i will take PD2's 2 cents worth and put it to good use. Let me know.

Cheers

Collection jar to date = 6 cents
Old 04-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speed_Racer
CRY BABY??? JUST BECAUSE YOUR A PUNK BITCH YOU LIKE TO CALL OTHER PEOPLE NAMES??

First off.. I would not even trust you to send me BRAND NEW BEARINGS... What I think is fair is to give me a refund..So I could get the bearings myself and get the sleeve pinched. I will be happy with that. but you still be a PUNK BITCH FOR BEING DISHONEST.
You started the name calling first crybaby!

No refund. choose either or no deal. The bearings from Novarossi are sealed stupid. Wonder if you ever bought them before..
Old 04-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

READ THE FUCKIN QUOTES STUPID ASS!! I TRIED MANY TIMES TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER BUT YOU KEPT DENYING IT AND TOLD ME TO GO FUCK MYSELF... NOW THAT I LEFT YOU A FEEDBACK YOU WANT TO RESOLVE IT..
Old 04-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

READ THE FUCKIN QUOTES STUPID ASS!! I TRIED MANY TIMES TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER BUT YOU KEPT DENYING IT AND TOLD ME TO GO FUCK MYSELF... NOW THAT I LEFT YOU A FEEDBACK YOU WANT TO RESOLVE IT..
Oh shut up prick! I asked you many fucken times how you want it to be done.

so go fuck yourself now.. i hope you have lots of KY.

you want to carry on ranting or choose?
Old 04-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

By the way your feedback does not even hold water.. either you choose or you could have lotsa of KY.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vinyard
The bearings from Novarossi are sealed stupid. Wonder if you ever bought them before..
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY ARE SEALED. I DON'T TRUST YOU!! BOTTOM LINE!! WHY WOULD I ACCEPT THAT? YOU LIED THE FIRST TIME AND YOU WILL LIE AGAIN.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

i would love to stay on whole night and play with you but i rather not.

so hope you made a choice.

Good night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.