Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DirkW

Joelgathered197 Scammer

Old 05-11-2022, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 170 (99%+)
Default Joelgathered197 Scammer

More than likely a scammer.

'Hello, Brandon has been trying to part out with his Tekno SCT410.3 and it's in excellent condition.. I'll suggest that you should contact him to know if it's still available..‪ [email protected] You can email him.'
Old 05-11-2022, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 231 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brit_racer View Post
More than likely a scammer.

'Hello, Brandon has been trying to part out with his Tekno SCT410.3 and it's in excellent condition.. I'll suggest that you should contact him to know if it's still available..‪ [email protected] You can email him.'
i said it many times if you post on the want ads you will get these scam emails, but people will never learn and continue to post on the wanted section
Old 05-11-2022, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 275 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i said it many times if you post on the want ads you will get these scam emails, but people will never learn and continue to post on the wanted section
So if there's a better way to find what we're looking for, please suggest it.
Old 05-11-2022, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nothing wrong with posting in WTB itself, in my opinion. But one should be aware of (and prepared for) what might happen, when you do.
And you should definitely never trust any random stranger on the internet (who you know exactly nothing about), with any amount of money with payment options that offer no refunds. Nobody should fall for such a cheap trick, not in 2022. Neither here on rctech nor in any other place online.
racer1812 likes this.
Old 05-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
So if there's a better way to find what we're looking for, please suggest it.
the search feature on the for sale section of buy new from a hobby store
Old 05-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
Nothing wrong with posting in WTB itself, in my opinion. But one should be aware of (and prepared for) what might happen, when you do.
And you should definitely never trust any random stranger on the internet (who you know exactly nothing about), with any amount of money with payment options that offer no refunds. Nobody should fall for such a cheap trick, not in 2022. Neither here on rctech nor in any other place online.
fine stop reporting every pm you get you post here you are asking to get scammed
Old 05-11-2022, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
fine stop reporting every pm you get you post here you are asking to get scammed
Some people still seem to expect that you mods can magically stop this from happening by banning these accounts. Some only need to vent their frustration after nearly or really falling for this. While others seem to need a name listed here to be convinced it's a scam after all (as if it's that difficult to see through). Whatever the reason, you won't be able to stop them, I'm afraid.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
Some people still seem to expect that you mods can magically stop this from happening by banning these accounts. Some only need to vent their frustration after nearly or really falling for this. While others seem to need a name listed here to be convinced it's a scam after all (as if it's that difficult to see through). Whatever the reason, you won't be able to stop them, I'm afraid.
nope we canít the only way is for the admins to make a post restriction of private messaging , like 10 post minimum of something besides that we canít do anything about it , so deal at your own risk here