• 3 Post By konasubs
  • 3 Post By racer1812

Beware of ERICK RANGEL

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Beware of ERICK RANGEL

Beware of ERICK RANGEL..i bough t a schumacher atom 2 from and i paid him last monday and i have emailed him multiple times on different email addresses and no response....don't deal with this clown
Old 02-28-2022, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thefnshow
Beware of ERICK RANGEL..i bough t a schumacher atom 2 from and i paid him last monday and i have emailed him multiple times on different email addresses and no response....don't deal with this clown
Doesn't seem to be a member here. How did you do a deal with him?
Old 02-28-2022, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i posted in the wanted to buy forum and a guy named cizu gave me his email...so i bought the car and never received the trackng number or car...it's been a week now
Old 02-28-2022, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

i posted in the wanted to buy forum and a guy named cizu gave me his email...so i bought the car and never received the trackng number or car...it's been a week now
What method of payment did you use?
Old 02-28-2022, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

CIZU is a known scammer....
Old 03-01-2022, 05:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

…..and again…….why can new members even see the WTB section? If we know predatory scammers are cruising the section, why not make them have to be a member for a year or have 100 posts?

This is a huge failure by RC Tech.
Old 03-01-2022, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Cool

DO ANY OF YOU PEOPLE READ THE MANY POSTED WARNINGS ABOUT posting in wanted along with some 1 giving you a Email to a said seller .. you get what you deserve .only deal with known members with feedback and posts and use correct payment methods that you have a guarantee to get your money back..
Old 03-01-2022, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Want to buy ads **Please Read**
Old 03-01-2022, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 342 (100%+)

I have a slight amount of sympathy for a brand new member. The person that started this thread is considered by this forum as a "tech master" with 15 years experience on the forum almost 1500 posts at 41 transaction. This person who responded to the wanted ad has 1 rating that is negative. They responded to my wanted post as well. They are responding it seems to all post in that section. Why in this instance is this rctechs fault. Would anyone of you posting on the thread even consider dealing with someone with zero or a single rating that's negative PLUS pay without protection? I'm sorry to be Kalis. If the sign on the fence says beware of dog, don't get mad at the owner if the dog bites you when you reach across the fence. That being said I hope you get your money back. Scammers will ALWAYS be here. Folks wanting a deal to good to be true will try and deal with them. Peace all...
racer1812, Andy Koback and DirkW like this.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
…..and again…….why can new members even see the WTB section? If we know predatory scammers are cruising the section, why not make them have to be a member for a year or have 100 posts?

This is a huge failure by RC Tech.
While I understand your frustration somewhat, I believe that would put an unrealistically high obstacle for new members who may have genuinely something to sell. Many long time members are not very active around here, not reaching 100 posts within several years. And waiting for a year... Why should innocent new guys be "punished" like that? What about innocent until proven guilty?

What some people seem to forget is that rctech is not some cozy friendly bubble where nothing bad can ever happen, because everyone who ever signed up here, automatically is a helpful friendly fellow hobbyist. No! This is actually the big bad internet, where people need to be really careful and less trusting towards total strangers out there. The internet always (except maybe for the very early beginning, decades ago) has been and always will be full of both, nice people and complete low-lifes who will try to scam you whenever and wherever they can. And the scammers don't even use any elaborate method, they use the same well documented trick that no-one should actually fall for. There's even offcialy warnings. Yet people are trusting someone they don't know at all, and I mean nothing, not their real name, not where they live (they may be in a another country, possibly not even the same continent, for all you know). And yet you send them money via methods that do not protect you or offer any methods for getting your money back. Really no alarm bells ringing when you are doing that?
Of course it sucks when that happens, and the scammers are really nothing but petty criminals, but is this really rctech's fault? IMO no. The scammers are the ones responsible - and to a degree the people who are so overly trusting with their money. IMO, rctech comes way behind that, if at all in terms of responsibility.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
While I understand your frustration somewhat, I believe that would put an unrealistically high obstacle for new members who may have genuinely something to sell. Many long time members are not very active around here, not reaching 100 posts within several years. And waiting for a year... Why should innocent new guys be "punished" like that? What about innocent until proven guilty?

What some people seem to forget is that rctech is not some cozy friendly bubble where nothing bad can ever happen, because everyone who ever signed up here, automatically is a helpful friendly fellow hobbyist. No! This is actually the big bad internet, where people need to be really careful and less trusting towards total strangers out there. The internet always (except maybe for the very early beginning, decades ago) has been and always will be full of both, nice people and complete low-lifes who will try to scam you whenever and wherever they can. And the scammers don't even use any elaborate method, they use the same well documented trick that no-one should actually fall for. There's even offcialy warnings. Yet people are trusting someone they don't know at all, and I mean nothing, not their real name, not where they live (they may be in a another country, possibly not even the same continent, for all you know). And yet you send them money via methods that do not protect you or offer any methods for getting your money back. Really no alarm bells ringing when you are doing that?
Of course it sucks when that happens, and the scammers are really nothing but petty criminals, but is this really rctech's fault? IMO no. The scammers are the ones responsible - and to a degree the people who are so overly trusting with their money. IMO, rctech comes way behind that, if at all in terms of responsibility.
I agree, and I'll add that RCTech itself, and it's moderators, aren't "big daddy govt" or your helicopter parents. It's 2022, we provide a place to make sales transactions but it's up to the buyers (and sellers) to take the necessary steps to protect themselves. I could say more but I'll leave it at that.