Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default scammer alert Danibiola10

stayaway from

Danibiola10

Old 01-11-2022, 07:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I got screwed by him.. I put some WTB ads up and he send me a pm of this..

Originally Posted by Danibiola10
Contact Douglas he has a FASST 4pk/4pk receivers. for sale in good condition, [email protected]
I emailed doug and had pleasant emails back and forth.. I purchased the M11X.. but before he shipped it.. I was told he also had some futaba receivers i9 needed. So i paypaled him another $100 to add the the shipment.. He emailed me back photos.. etc./.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr View Post
I got screwed by him.. I put some WTB ads up and he send me a pm of this..

I emailed doug and had pleasant emails back and forth.. I purchased the M11X.. but before he shipped it.. I was told he also had some futaba receivers i9 needed. So i paypaled him another $100 to add the the shipment.. He emailed me back photos.. etc./.
They'll keep doing it as long as people keep falling for it. Paypal Goods and Service, if that is what you used, should help you with it.

But, their M.O. is always the same.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Here is the thing though.. I didnt not choose F & F as a payment option.. It should lf sent it the normal way.. I got charged paypal fees..
Old 01-11-2022, 10:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

The scam is always the same. You shouldn’t rely on PayPal protection. In the end, we ALL pay for the recklessness with increased fees.
Andy Koback likes this.
Old 01-11-2022, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Also sent me a message to contact friend selling a kraton. SCAMMER
Old 01-11-2022, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

same here on being contacted but I always look at join date and anyone telling me to email someone as they have what I need is the red flag, paypal only and dispute it right away dont wait a single day to start that process
Old 01-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

so why is this guy still here? why haven't mods banned?
Old 01-11-2022, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da4design View Post
so why is this guy still here? why haven't mods banned?
You ban one and 2 more will show up its a never ending cycle, but what needs to happen is people need to be smarter and not get scammed, keep all the messages to this site or take your chances of this happening to you, do your research before ever sending payments, or
Old 01-11-2022, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default They almost got me

The pics were sent from a (502) number. Backed out last minute
Old 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same, they emailed me pics lifted from a 3 year old ad here, insisted on PP F&F / Venmo / Zelle. I backed out due to that, then did a reverse image search on google and found the original post. RCTech really needs to ban that IP.

Last edited by Cromulent; 01-12-2022 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cromulent View Post
RCTech really needs to ban that IP.
Banning the IP? At least over here, many private internet users don't have a permanent IP, they get reassigned a new one by their ISP anytime their DSL line reconnects, for example (so not only would you not really affect the scammers but possibly some innocent other user after that). Plus there are things like IP spoofing and I believe several other methods to circumvent that from being any real help at all. For the Mods it's basically a Sisyphean task, they cannot prevent this completely (although they should try and maybe forum rules and settings need to be revised somewhat), but the users themselves also need to be a bit more careful on the internet - and many are simply too trusting in strangers, ignoring some simple basic rules. If people didn't do that in the first place, scammers would be out of business.
racer1812 likes this.
Old 01-12-2022, 04:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

New users shouldn’t be able to see the classifieds until XXX number of posts. After XXX posts, they get access. Another XXX posts unlocks the “wanted” section.

I think that’s a start. They wouldn’t even be able to see it.
SteveM, Bud, the rc guy and 1 others like this.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
Banning the IP? At least over here, many private internet users don't have a permanent IP, they get reassigned a new one by their ISP anytime their DSL line reconnects, for example (so not only would you not really affect the scammers but possibly some innocent other user after that). Plus there are things like IP spoofing and I believe several other methods to circumvent that from being any real help at all. For the Mods it's basically a Sisyphean task, they cannot prevent this completely (although they should try and maybe forum rules and settings need to be revised somewhat), but the users themselves also need to be a bit more careful on the internet - and many are simply too trusting in strangers, ignoring some simple basic rules. If people didn't do that in the first place, scammers would be out of business.
Less and less people have "static" IP address these days. These scammers certainly don't, I've checked. You're correct, banning the IP would cause more problems than it would fix. I can discuss possible access restrictions with IB but it's a balancing act between trying to keep scammers out and not discouraging legit new members.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Less and less people have "static" IP address these days. These scammers certainly don't, I've checked. You're correct, banning the IP would cause more problems than it would fix. I can discuss possible access restrictions with IB but it's a balancing act between trying to keep scammers out and not discouraging legit new members.
Thanks, my networking knowledge is sparse and outdated. I figured IP spoofing would be beyond 90%+ of the scammers that aren't tech literate. Didn't know ISP's were rotating them that often.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.