Like Tree15Likes

AVOID THIS CROOK

Old 07-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Unhappy AVOID THIS CROOK

This guy sent me some pictures of a nice 4PX and I sent him PayPal and he gave me excuses why he didn't ship and then he supposedly shipped but never provided a tracking number. I asked for a week and he just stopped responding. I am in the process of a fraud transaction with my bank since PayPal is just as useless. Do not buy anything from this crook!
jersey likes this.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 07-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisnitro View Post

This guy sent me some pictures of a nice 4PX and I sent him PayPal and he gave me excuses why he didn't ship and then he supposedly shipped but never provided a tracking number. I asked for a week and he just stopped responding. I am in the process of a fraud transaction with my bank since PayPal is just as useless. Do not buy anything from this crook!
I'm guessing you'd posted in the WTB section. Scammers do this all the time. I had one try a few years back. You can see in their post history, they literally just joined. I bet if they sent you any images, if you did a reverse image search, they also stole their photo from someone else. Hopefully you used paypal goods and services as they will refund your money, but lesson learned, only do business with people with greater post counts and actual board participation.
2wdMod likes this.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Why was PayPal useless? Have opened a few cases with PayPal over the years with no issue.
Did you send it as a friend?
jo_er86 likes this.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 364 (100%+)

PayPal is far from useless. I’ve never had an issue with them refunding money. Now, if you are one of the individuals who sends a friends & family payment to a complete stranger in the internet, that is YOUR fault, not PayPal’s. There is a reason why it’s called friends & family…..

These scams are everywhere (forums, Facebook, etc) and people keep giving these dirtbags free money…. Just pay goods and services. If the seller complains about the fee, that’s a red flag.

Same applies to fb pay, cash app, etc. No buyer protection whatsoever. Stick with PayPal goods and services and you’ll be fine. Usually within a couple weeks of opening a dispute, you will get your money back.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys I know I screwed up but I posted so everyone would avoid this person not to be grilled.. But thanks for your concerns.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 275 (100%+)

I got the almost same reply from this dude when I posted a "wanted to buy" item. He made "The List" !!!
Old 07-12-2021, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 275 (100%+)

Let me guess...you paid him "Friends/family"??? Pay Pal charges that little fee to prevent this kinda of action.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the heads up

Old 07-12-2021, 06:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Arrow Rules

Just think if you would have read the rules, this would probably not have happened.
Not trying to lamb baste you, but you should have reported them for asking for a “gift” payment & they would be gone.
Just 2 posts
Zero feedback
Joined in June
Asking for a “gift” payment
Sounds like trouble from the start….
Old 07-12-2021, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had the same happen to me but I didn't go threw with the purchase after I dug into it more deal seemed to good to be true so I backed out
Old 07-12-2021, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Happened to me as well, from the WTB section as well.
Lessons learned: Always pay for Goods/services; check Trader rating. Google search the images sent-mostly probably stock image.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I literally had this guy reach out to me this morning. Found my post in the WTB section. He'll get what's coming to him eventually. Sad that he literally just copies and pastes the same thing over and over and people fall for it. Again, I hope the OP didn't pay friends and family via paypal or else he can kiss his money goodbye. There is a small chance he could call them and say he sent the funds to the wrong email address, but that's a 50/50 chance of getting a rep that'll do it.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yep, he messaged me too.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Why won't Mod's just ban him from the whole site?? This guy obviously is still trying to rip good hard working people off. Someone in change please get rid of this clown!
Andy Koback and TIME MACHINE like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.