ALEXV2024 - Buyer Beware!!!!

Old 11-30-2020, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ALEXV2024 - Buyer Beware!!!!

Agreed to purchase a b74 from Alex.

First red flag was he request friends and family.... I explained it was against forum rules. (30 day ban, no??) Pic attached.

Next he identified the buggy that was in the pics/post didn't match what he intended on sending as he swapped the chassis. Subsequently 'he forgot' the bodies were just switched on 2 buggies he had.... Hard to believe.

At that point he agreed to ship.

After multiple attempts to confirm that it shipped and requesting tracking the buggy still hasn't shipped.

His communicationand follow ups are terrible, ignoring my PMs while subsequently posting new for sale items on the forum.

I informed him several times that I would be filing a claim with paypal if the buggy didn't ship. I did so this morning.

I just wanted to let anyone who might consider purchasing from him to beware.

Attached are the interactions and original posting.

Sorry for the mess of pics, just trying to get this up and posted. Will clean up later.

-Mike

Last edited by mbailie; 12-01-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Something is definitely up with this guy. I agreed to buy a couple motors from him and he ghosted me after I asked for his paypal info. I hope your situation works out for you, thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Link to the user profile

https://www.rctech.net/forum/members...24-223637.html
Old 12-02-2020, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow His Aunt?
That's a new one!
Old 12-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk View Post
Something is definitely up with this guy. I agreed to buy a couple motors from him and he ghosted me after I asked for his paypal info. I hope your situation works out for you, thanks for the heads up.
Update: The day after this post he contacted me, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I discussed the situation with the late shipment and he reassured me that he was caught up. He shipped the motors the same day that I paid. Of course USPS took their sweet time but I did get the motors and they are as described. I'm happy with how my transaction turned out. Alex told me he did ship the buggy, so now it's up to the OP to let us know. I will be leaving AlexV positive feedback.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Eric, I'm happy to hear that your transaction went betterbthan mine!!

I wish I could post a positive update, but unfortunately that is not the case.

I did receive the buggy, but it was missing some items. Is it the end of the world... No but still frustrating! (Spare shock bodies, tires/wheels, bumper) Especially since Alex tried to tell me that I got a good deal so I shouldn't complain. That's total BS!!!

PM conversation below:

Old 12-09-2020, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A lot of stuff went wrong here, and this is not typical of my sales.

This is my 3rd b74. It sat on the shelf, and I robbed it of rear diff gears and shims when my new b74 needed plastic internal gears. So when mike PM'd me out of the blue, I had to re assemble the diff and I had swapped the kashimas on my other b74 so I got confused as both were sitting on the shelf.

Then with holiday delays, and my phone dying it was not the top of my priority list unfortunately. I really did give the buggy to my aunt to ship, but I could not access RCT or paypal due to my screen cracking and the digitizer not registering after I had left my house. So the buggy was with her, and I could not access the shipping address. This is not a lie, and really made life difficult as I couldn't hardly even answer my phone for about 2 weeks.

The forsale post was up for 2 months before Mike replied, and in that time I revaluated every tire I had. The ones on this buggy were flat spotted and too soft, so I pitched them. This was not on my mind as I was responding to Mike, with everything else going on.

I don't know how or why he didn't have the shock bodies. I do remember loaning 2 of them to a friend at the track and he complained one had a dent in it, so I threw that one out. That was after the picture. But the other 3 should have been there. Im going to look through my box later but Im not sure why they aren't there. The bumper, maybe it fell off at some point I don't know.

As with Eric T I shipped the motors promptly, and also a B6.1/2 I listed here and on facebook, I got paid, transferred funds and packaged/shipped them. They also didn't sit around for 3 months which made it easier.

Anyway apologies to everyone, and all I can say is I shouldn't have to have anything like this happen again and have even had deals go right in the middle of all this.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Another update. Paypal case closed. Money should be released.

Good riddance.