Like Tree38Likes

tazfam2 what a jerk

Old 02-14-2020, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default tazfam2 what a jerk

This guy had a for sale post trying to get rid of some old dynamite nut drivers and hex wrenches. It had been up for a while and no one wanted them. He dropped the price and still no one wanted them. I only found the post because I was searching for those exact wrenches. I have a set of those nut drivers and I really like them . They don't make them anymore, and my 7mm nut driver is bent. I wrote on his thread " Still Available?" 2 minutes later he writes yes and posts his paypal address. The thread went right to the top of the list, and he sold them to someone else before I had a chance to talk to him about them. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. What a jerk. Well I learned my lesson. Pm's only. Couldn't give me 5 minutes.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I feel your pain but the forum member that was selling these items has a one hundred percent perfect seller rating. It all comes down to timing. I made an offer on something 16 minutes after it up for sale in the middle of the night only to find out somebody beat me to it. It's basically an auction and by the time you could have sent the payment he probably had already just received the PayPal from someone else. I'm sure you were dealing in good faith but do you know how many people ask "still available?" and never actually make an offer? I think you're more a victim of circumstance than the victim of a "jerk"
Old 02-14-2020, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would have thought he would send me a message with his paypal and give me at least a chance at it. I checked 5 minutes after I asked and he already sold it. It wasn't very cool. He should have told the other guy he was going to wait a few for my response but that he was next in line. Whatever. Maybe he's not a jerk, but I wouldn't do that to someone.
savage24x likes this.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Arrow Buying

Yeah, it sucks sometimes, but remember while you’re asking about if it’s “still available”, someone else may be saying “I want it!! Please send PayPal info”. Also, while you were looking, he could be negotiating with someone else long beforehand. That’s just the way it is.
I know some people just go ahead & post their PayPal info & end the debate, but then the seller has to refund all the other people who thought they bought the item.
Cain and Marcos.J like this.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

You learned the same way I did just PM the seller don't post in the add no need to bump the add to the top for everyone else to see it still for sale. You may want to put a post on the want to buy thread there has to be a lot of the old dynamite nut drivers and hex wrenches out there. You may have to buy a couple of incomplete sets to make a full one of just a partial set to fill in what you need in yours.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Those wrenches are only $30 new and he was asking like 25 shipped. I must be missing something
Old 02-15-2020, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

People are flakes. When I put something up for sale I have nor the time, or patience to chase after someone who allegedly said they were "interested". As said before, how many people say "interested" then never follow up? (Facebook being the BIGGEST offender)

If I see something I want, be it here, F.B., wherever - I always inquire through direct communication. Always.... If I get a sense the seller is trying to hold out for a better deal, I put up the offer to buy now for $_____ and the offer is good for the next few minutes and I'm moving on. I will not engage into a bidding war. 9/10 it works out --- Seller wants a quick sell with no riff-raff and I want a good buy with no competition.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Sure you're frustrated but to openly call the guy a jerk isn't really fair or accurate. Sellers like when people reply/comment in their threads, it's a free bump. Your situation is the exact reason I do my best as a buyer NOT to do that. Sellers, and buyers, aren't here to be your buddy or do you any favors. That's just how things are with doing deals online these days.
tazfam2 and da4design like this.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 55Guy View Post
don't post in the add no need to bump the add to the top for everyone else to see it still for sale.
I agree with this but have a question. Why do so many people put PM sent in the ad after they send it? That bumps the ad back to the top making it more likely someone else might get the deal right?
Old 02-16-2020, 11:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
I agree with this but have a question. Why do so many people put PM sent in the ad after they send it? That bumps the ad back to the top making it more likely someone else might get the deal right?
1. It tells the Seller you’re interested in what they’re selling & yeah, it also lets them know you sent a PM. Because sometimes they may not get the PM or may not even check their PMs. This way, the only couple ways that you have available to contact the Seller through RCTECH are both covered.
2. It also lets other people know that you’re interested in buying whatever the Seller has. Kind of letting other people know that you’re going to buy something & there’s no need for them to contact the Seller.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks View Post
1. It tells the Seller you’re interested in what they’re selling & yeah, it also lets them know you sent a PM. Because sometimes they may not get the PM or may not even check their PMs. This way, the only couple ways that you have available to contact the Seller through RCTECH are both covered.
2. It also lets other people know that you’re interested in buying whatever the Seller has. Kind of letting other people know that you’re going to buy something & there’s no need for them to contact the Seller.
1) A smart seller is going to have their settings set to send an email when they get a PM.

2) Saying PM sent means nothing to me. Tire kickers send more PM's than we could count.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy Nobrakes View Post
This guy had a for sale post trying to get rid of some old dynamite nut drivers and hex wrenches. It had been up for a while and no one wanted them. He dropped the price and still no one wanted them. I only found the post because I was searching for those exact wrenches. I have a set of those nut drivers and I really like them . They don't make them anymore, and my 7mm nut driver is bent. I wrote on his thread " Still Available?" 2 minutes later he writes yes and posts his paypal address. The thread went right to the top of the list, and he sold them to someone else before I had a chance to talk to him about them. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. What a jerk. Well I learned my lesson. Pm's only. Couldn't give me 5 minutes.
reading the thread in question, one thing to keep in mind is you said only "Still Available". I could understand your feelings a bit more personally if you had said "Still Available? If so, I will take it" and then the seller posted his part, in short agreeing to sell it to you.

Outside of that, its just an open question if it was available, doesn't mean you stated directly that you would take them.

One thing to keep in mind with the typed word, it doesn't convey things as easily as a spoken word that you want implied by your comment.
DRTMI likes this.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 193 (100%+)

Just to add more to what Cain has said, by just asking you really do nothing but bump the thread same dang thing I am doing, but you could of posted PM coming or similar and some sellers go by postings on thread and some by PM messages and could come down to actual time of the message, but will say that I HATE when sellers post their PayPal address with first to pay gets it, I am sorry but I want to know its being sold to me before I send my hard earned money for something to find out that I didn't get it and now must wait 2-3 business days for PayPal to refund me. I am not on either side, but see this stuff happening more and more and even see when deals fall thru and sellers repost it for sale, so best advice is pm the seller for more info and quit posting your PayPal info
Cain and Andy Koback like this.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
... but will say that I HATE when sellers post their PayPal address with first to pay gets it ...
I actually think this may be against forum rules too?

Right now, what I do is when someone shows sufficient interest I will send them a message and give them a specific window of time they have to pay buy, or its going to the next person. I also state if you need more time follow up with me, and that usually helps too. I think I have had 1 person only fail on both items at that point.

Posting your email like that too is a "great" way to get various bots to spam you to death as well.
Troubles Dad and DRTMI like this.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Tazfam2 is a jerk

Originally Posted by Tommy Nobrakes View Post
First of all I gave you almost 15 minutes to answer me and you DID NOT answer me

You posted at 3:40am Still Available
I posted at 3:42am yes with my paypal address
Then at 3:44 I realized upon looking at post that I had sold them several days before (my mistake not marking sold) I replied Sorry Sold
You finally answered with You coulda given me a chance this post was at 4:03am

I am sorry that your disappointed at that but even though it was my mistake to no mark sold I replied in a quick response, so there would
be no problem.

But to make a big deal about this is just wrong you had no inconvenience over this at all and you took 19 minutes to reply “Coulda given me
a chance.
If I would wait for people who ask Still Available and wait I would not sell everything. Thats what a lot of tire kickers do!! And LOW BALLERS do.

next time you should pm someone before you go acting like a fool and right detrimental post about someone!!!!

Must me a Millennial thinks the world owes him everything!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.