Like Tree48Likes

Dulley / sold a esc with problems

Old 12-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Dulley / sold a esc with problems

I just got this esc on the track last week couple laps in and the farthest left wire for the esc plug to the receiver came out. Contacted seller no response let him know reedy told me how I could get it fixed likely - still didnít respond to messages after. Like a ghost

never the less the wire just was completely unattached basically he sold it this way and had to know of the issue. The thing is 50% fixed now with no response from him the wire was re fitted into a proper prong thing and crimped by a local racer thankfully - it needs to be stuck with a prong better at this point and is not seated how it should be.

i bought this 2 months after joining rctech and paid for this friends and family . Never the less I learned my lesson paying people this way and again am out of luck at this point because of it. I am posting this as a warning to other anxious new racers or people getting back into sport to be cautious of buying used electronics From people. Just because you or I are honest as can be. Doesnít mean other people even have a sliver of the same understanding / characteristic.

always use PayPal goods and services - make sure if you canít check the purchased goods promptly to make sure you check it prior to the 180 day mark.

hopefully if heís just not logged on he sees the messages and or post and does the right thing. If not people can find this until that does ever happen should it.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do you mean one of the micro pins in the servo plug came unattached?
Old 12-15-2019, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 282 (100%+)

On the ESC.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Un attached isnít the best word the plug wire was basically severed from anything it may have been crimped into before . The seller definitely sent it like this. Even after having a sponsored expert try to fix this he states it needs a new plug and all new connectors and to be re done in that sense. Basically sold me a non usable Esc and wonít respond.

like I said Iíll never pay anyone outside of goods and services again.

someoene rose dropped me a pm yesterdayís trying to pull a scam off site as well. Go check the next post coming
Old 12-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Since reading this post several times and seems no one else has said much it appears to me that you bought a used esc and put it in your vehicle and ran it for a couple of laps and them experienced a wire problem, now if it was brand new I could see this being a issue but I have been around long enough to have repaired tons of wires, tried the solder and shrink wrap and then found that eBay and Amazon sell the crimping tool and connectors and pins for pretty darn cheap and if you plan on being in a hobby it is something you will encounter, and yes I have had brand new wires have issues and now fix them my self vs raking a guy who sold a used esc on here as it had to of worked when you put this in your car or this would of been a different type thread, but everyone has opinions and friends and family won't help you and even PayPal would be hard pressed on any actions as your words not mine, also your other post has been addressed prior
SteveM, Dave_S, buster44 and 1 others like this.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Glad you said it. Its sounds exactly that. You buy a used esc. Seller says it works. You buy the esc. It worked. For how long? Well whatever. Who knows what happened from the time it was sent out to when the buyer installed it and ran it for however long. In my opinion, you cannot put it on the seller. Waaaay stranger things have happened with brand new electronics, let alone used...The buyer can say what he cares to, but if I were him, I would watch what I say. Implying that dude knew about it is absolutely unfounded.
Plus its an operable esc. The servo plug may be junk now but is that such a big deal!!!??? No way. Its just a j plug. Fix it and get on with it.
Troubles Dad likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Lol at fix it and get on with it.

there wouldnít have been any trouble with this situation if I was not knew to buying things with PayPal as mentioned in first post .

whatever the outcome may be thankfully Iím not hard up and only have one esc. I would be much more upset if I was a younger kid that depended on this person to be honest etc.

either way itís peopleís horrible perspectives and poor attitude opinions that help you see what kind of people are on here etc.

whatís not a big deal is making a post so others can be warned of what he did and help a newcomer not make the same mistake I did. (Hopefully)

to think someone would come on here and bash someone that got shafted for exposing the truth in anyway just shows how sad some people can be.

👍
Old 12-15-2019, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
Since reading this post several times and seems no one else has said much it appears to me that you bought a used esc and put it in your vehicle and ran it for a couple of laps and them experienced a wire problem, now if it was brand new I could see this being a issue but I have been around long enough to have repaired tons of wires, tried the solder and shrink wrap and then found that eBay and Amazon sell the crimping tool and connectors and pins for pretty darn cheap and if you plan on being in a hobby it is something you will encounter, and yes I have had brand new wires have issues and now fix them my self vs raking a guy who sold a used esc on here as it had to of worked when you put this in your car or this would of been a different type thread, but everyone has opinions and friends and family won't help you and even PayPal would be hard pressed on any actions as your words not mine, also your other post has been addressed prior
my other post hasnít been addressed - but thanks for telling me I should go buy what the dishonest seller didnít buy or do you are suggesting I should do for his dishonest actions LOL.

lastly if you are buying new electronics and having a wire issue after running the brand new vehicle for a lap or two then by all means you are either very unlucky or need to look for a better seller of electronics I raced rc back in brushed days and never encountered any issues with wires from new products never the less this isnít new and you came in here and started making it seem that new products have issues lol who does that. Man o man again the time people waste on others justifying peopleís wrongful actions is Laughable
Old 12-15-2019, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
my other post hasnít been addressed - but thanks for telling me I should go buy what the dishonest seller didnít buy or do you are suggesting I should do for his dishonest actions LOL.

lastly if you are buying new electronics and having a wire issue after running the brand new vehicle for a lap or two then by all means you are either very unlucky or need to look for a better seller of electronics I raced rc back in brushed days and never encountered any issues with wires from new products never the less this isnít new and you came in here and started making it seem that new products have issues lol who does that. Man o man again the time people waste on others justifying peopleís wrongful actions is Laughable
Their is another post about that individual stating " you will thank me later" and in september I bought a tekin rs pro and the wire was not crimped correctly it had the insulation instead of wire and a mylaps personal that needed attention, I could of pisses and moaned about it and sent it back on my dime for what, a bad crimp job, seriously I think you might complain if you bought a esc and motor combo and solder job came off, my point was you ran the car for a few laps as per your statement, and who is to say the wire did not get damaged then or you changed your mind and wanted to try something else, personally I don't care and only pointing out the obvious and most hobby shops and long time racers have these wear items on hand, sorry but its life and things get worn out and brushed days remember 1700sce cells and 3 minute run time and could only use once a week, as I started in 1989 and still going strong in a fun hobby when more and more things are throw away so quality is by far worse now. Curious if your in Vegas or used it for your tech name as lived their for 20 years and moved to have a change in life gotta love minus 20 degree weather
Old 12-15-2019, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Crazy people that seasoned in the sport are just plain mean. I have seen a lot of People act this way sadly. If I was in the sport when I was 4 years old now I sure wouldnít be agreeing with people selling stuff problematically and then additionally stating my bad experiences buying from people you are implying were also dishonest as if that somehow changes what this person did and then didnít / doesnít respond.

it is what it is. Someone acted dishonestly and now thereís a record of it.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Let's see some pics of the issue.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

This was the issue before a sponsored driver at track spent his time and materials fixing the end so it would be crimped again and removing old . Problem is the pin in plug slides in and out still rendering it unusable. The time that is caused not being able to use the vehicle because of this is the most annoying part . Either way there ya go . This happened after one use of the car after a few laps ....
Old 12-15-2019, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lol at fix it and get on with it.

there wouldnít have been any trouble with this situation if I was not knew to buying things with PayPal as mentioned in first post .

whatever the outcome may be thankfully Iím not hard up and only have one esc. I would be much more upset if I was a younger kid that depended on this person to be honest etc.

either way itís peopleís horrible perspectives and poor attitude opinions that help you see what kind of people are on here etc.

whatís not a big deal is making a post so others can be warned of what he did and help a newcomer not make the same mistake I did. (Hopefully)

to think someone would come on here and bash someone that got shafted for exposing the truth in anyway just shows how sad some people can be.

👍
what the hell are you talkin about?
Your bashing this guy like hes this evil scammer. Exposing the the truth??? LOL!!! Uuuhhh....ok.
dude listen. Your digging yourself a hole. Most people on here are honest. They do a good job on exposing scammers, which your situation is definitely not. Its....just...a....plug. its just a plug.....its just a plug. Do you actually think that the seller looked at the plug, said to himself, "yeah, Im really gonna stick it to some poor schmuck that buys this esc"....
99% it was probably a frayed end that he didnt see and when you handled it and it started bouncing around, it came loose. To most racers its a 5 minute fix. So whats the problem??????
Even if he knew about it, so what? Revert back to; "its....just....a ....plug.
Be happy that he didnt really scam you by sending you a fried esc. Do your own research on sending money safely. Dont blame other people for your ignorance. Read the stickies dude. Theyre are plenty of tips and measures to abide by to do business safely. Or how bout this, do research about paypal before you use it... You would know that a money TRANSFER service shouldn't be the vehicle to purchase and recieve goods...as stated on paypal.....and on this site.
You hardly....hardley got shafted...
in closing, if you are buying a used esc, you must be prepared to expect anything...dont cry about something you should have known before you give money to an unknown person.
Sounds to me that you ARE hard up for a esc. So fix it, or in your case, have someone else fix it for you, and get on with it.
Sorry not sorry.
SteveM, Troubles Dad, Goof and 2 others like this.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

TLDR stupid people and their negativity . Bring. It elsewhere holy moly . People always canít handle the truth.
the rc guy likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

TLDR stupid people and their negativity . Bring. It elsewhere holy moly . People always canít handle the truth.
TRUTH!!!! YOU WANT THE TRUTH!!!????? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!! LOL!!!!
Whatevs. I hope that sponsored driver showed you how to fix the problem so you know what to do for next time...
Or I can send you a bunch of servo connectors and you can practice fixing them so you can do it yourself...Thats kind of a common problem with servo connectors..they wear out after a while...as does everything...
SteveM, Troubles Dad and savage24x like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.