Like Tree48Likes

Dulley / sold a esc with problems

Old 12-20-2019, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

If you’re skilled you don’t need the crimp tool. Ive been shortening leads for years without one.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
the time it took to type the first post you could have re-solder the wire
theres no soldering involved with fixing this - per the instruction of crimping tool.. Im really unsure why you need to chime in with unhelpful stuff that isn't even true let alone off base for provided instruction to fix. Based on every time I see you input on the site tho, I cant say it surprises me.. you definitely fall into one of the not nice member category and or people with no patience or both.
Marcos.J and Goof like this.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

theres no soldering involved with fixing this - per the instruction of crimping tool.. Im really unsure why you need to chime in with unhelpful stuff that isn't even true let alone off base for provided instruction to fix. Based on every time I see you input on the site tho, I cant say it surprises me.. you definitely fall into one of the not nice member category and or people with no patience or both.
I suppose If I go looking for threads to input something that adds absolutely no value what so ever I might just have a post count as high as yours..
Old 12-20-2019, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Oh young grass hopper you have much to learn, as the last couple of comments have been from the moderators on this site and I will say sometimes they get one sided but if you look at the amount of posts and amount of members on this site, these guys are doing a great job that seems no one wants to do, 😎
Old 12-21-2019, 01:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
i have solder mine there before it’s very easy but I guess it’s easier to complain , this happened to me at the track and it took me a lot less time to fix than the soldering iron to get hot.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

i highly doubt on your 5th time to an rc track a esc you had never used would have been repaired by yourself, but thats all useless speculation anyways and irrelevant the fact is you came here to do nothing more than up your post count- you provided no help what soever to the matter. You pretty much just came and provided un constructive criticism. :/
Old 12-21-2019, 01:35 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

In Summary:

A fairly new RCT member also just dipping his feet into the hobby is sold an ESC that has a super minor problem that he didn't know how to fix. After only a very short time running his new car, it quits on him and it's ultimately the result of a wire coming loose. So, out of frustration, he comes to RCT to make a complaint because he was under the impression there was nothing wrong with the ESC whatsoever and has no idea how simple the fix is. He feels cheated, wronged, and is frustrated.

So, instead of maybe helping right off the bat with some instructions and direction, we get snippy comments, exactly what is killing this hobby. Examples include:

Originally Posted by Funkydrummer1
The servo plug may be junk now but is that such a big deal!!!??? No way. Its just a j plug. Fix it and get on with it.
You hardly....hardley got shafted...
in closing, if you are buying a used esc, you must be prepared to expect anything...dont cry about something you should have known before you give money to an unknown person.
Sounds to me that you ARE hard up for a esc. So fix it, or in your case, have someone else fix it for you, and get on with it.
Sorry not sorry.
I can send you a bunch of servo connectors and you can practice fixing them so you can do it yourself...Thats kind of a common problem with servo connectors..they wear out after a while...as does everything...
This right here is helpful. Imagine saying, "This isn't a big deal... I can send you some servo connectors and post up the tool you need to fix it. If you need any help, let me know."

Originally Posted by BlairW
Loose wire on the reciever plug hardly seems like a big enough issue for this thread to exist.
Yet, you added to it by inserting a snarky comment? --- WTG, another great example of how nice people can be.

Originally Posted by SteveM
The connector end is subject to a lot of wear and tear and things like this can easily happen. I've seen racers tug on the wire lead and not the plastic connector and cause even worse damage. Since you need to make repairs, why not buy the proper crimper and a package of the connector pins and effect repairs. You could even shorten the lead to make a cleaner install. Nothing uglier than a couple of long leads zip tied and stuffed in the chassis.
A helpful post!

Originally Posted by sacmiata
Crimping Tool I bought and lifetime supply of connectors! 20 bucks total. FYI I linked the JR/HITEC universal connectors. There is a futaba version (I saw you used a futaba receiver but the universals should work just fine).

https://www.amazon.com/Meterk-Crimpi...i&sr=1-11&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/WGCD-Universa...sr=1-1-catcorr
A super helpful post, and I'm going to purchase these myself!

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
Personally go with the crimping tool and for the amount of pins you can practice a lot and still have tons of them, the shrink wrap is fine but is not that clean and you need to know how to solder, but crimping is easier than you think and then you can help locals at your track out fixing their broke stuff.
Another helpful constructive post

Originally Posted by Cain
As for what you ran into assuming I am reading and seeing the issue correctly, I can see a situation where the esc actually worked, the seller went to package it up and pulled the plug funny and then the wire had the issue you see. Me personally as a seller I would have worked with getting that situated with you, and in general I video all my electronics working prior to sale.
Excellent advice when selling electronics!

And here is the one that disturbs me the most... a moderator on the site making a snarky remark instead of being helpful. Shouldn't you guys be supporting people and being decent about things then acting like keyboard ninja's? By this point in the conversation, you know he's new - why bash him?

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
Oh young grass hopper you have much to learn, as the last couple of comments have been from the moderators on this site and I will say sometimes they get one sided but if you look at the amount of posts and amount of members on this site, these guys are doing a great job that seems no one wants to do, 😎
iBobi, not very long ago (possibly in PM with me), commented how his moderators need to (and I'm paraphrasing) "ease up" on people and remember this is supposed to be a FUN hobby. I'd personally like to see some more of that myself.

i have solder mine there before it’s very easy but I guess it’s easier to complain , this happened to me at the track and it took me a lot less time to fix than the soldering iron to get hot.
Again - snarky and like vegas said, not at all constructive.

I think people, and that's myself included, need to start following the age old rule, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all." How about guiding people? How about giving them advice? Some people did a great job of that, others put on display what's wrong with this hobby. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect and have been a bit snarky at times as well. Over time however, it becomes more and more apparent to me how it does nothing but ruin the hobby for others. I hope some of you guys think about this before you go pounding on your keyboards next time.
Goof, Propchecku37 and vegas7o2 like this.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

That's a great read on this type of thread, but MY take on all of it was the buyer was looking for some compensation for this broken wire as why bring PayPal in this mix so to me it appeared that the buyer wanted the seller to fix this, this kind of failure is common and some will just solder a new end on or go and spend 20 bucks and buy the tool and ends, or what I feel IS complain about the seller, selling something and the buyer not testing it out for months and what it really boils down to is communication and I get it we all where new once but did that stop you from working on your own stuff, we are talking these are toy cars so maybe some research should of been done before pounding away on the key boards and pointing fingers but that's just me as I tend to fix a lot of things, both big and small
Old 12-21-2019, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Holy crap Vegas7o2 you’re still talking about this a week later... blaming a guy for selling you a bad Esc because of a common receiver wire breaking which possibly could have been caused by you, who knows. There was plenty help from members on how to fix it. You bought it used it didn’t go up in smoke after you Used it, so its not defective IMO. So fix it however you feel comfortable in doing and enjoy the hobby.

Happy Holidays everyone!!
Marcos.J likes this.

Last edited by Propchecku37; 12-22-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ha!!! Snarky.....thats a funny word...
ExRCRacer likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ExRCRacer
In Summary:

A fairly new RCT member also just dipping his feet into the hobby is sold an ESC that has a super minor problem that he didn't know how to fix. After only a very short time running his new car, it quits on him and it's ultimately the result of a wire coming loose. So, out of frustration, he comes to RCT to make a complaint because he was under the impression there was nothing wrong with the ESC whatsoever and has no idea how simple the fix is. He feels cheated, wronged, and is frustrated.

So, instead of maybe helping right off the bat with some instructions and direction, we get snippy comments, exactly what is killing this hobby. Examples include:

This right here is helpful. Imagine saying, "This isn't a big deal... I can send you some servo connectors and post up the tool you need to fix it. If you need any help, let me know."

Yet, you added to it by inserting a snarky comment? --- WTG, another great example of how nice people can be.

A helpful post!

A super helpful post, and I'm going to purchase these myself!

Another helpful constructive post

Excellent advice when selling electronics!

And here is the one that disturbs me the most... a moderator on the site making a snarky remark instead of being helpful. Shouldn't you guys be supporting people and being decent about things then acting like keyboard ninja's? By this point in the conversation, you know he's new - why bash him?

iBobi, not very long ago (possibly in PM with me), commented how his moderators need to (and I'm paraphrasing) "ease up" on people and remember this is supposed to be a FUN hobby. I'd personally like to see some more of that myself.

Again - snarky and like vegas said, not at all constructive.

I think people, and that's myself included, need to start following the age old rule, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all." How about guiding people? How about giving them advice? Some people did a great job of that, others put on display what's wrong with this hobby. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect and have been a bit snarky at times as well. Over time however, it becomes more and more apparent to me how it does nothing but ruin the hobby for others. I hope some of you guys think about this before you go pounding on your keyboards next time.
dont like opinions don’t ask in an open forum” ;( little wire came out “whaaaaaaa bust out the solder and fix it. You want a flawless esc? Buy it new
Andy Koback likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Wow it’s been around 6 months since I joined and this person that came in to point out all the less than helpful comments and rude people making remarks that isn’t necessary or helpful makes me have some hope. Either way I brush off negative people acting in their fashion as they have underlying things bothering them they can’t cope with and show it . Gotta pray for these types. Never the less the snarky comments about some guy saying I’m still going on a week later. I’m not going on with anything and someoene else came to post about all the mean unhelpful things people said. I don’t think you even understand what is going on yet you had the time to raise your post count being negative again. I greatly greatly appreciate someone having my back for all the right reasons.

response from seller is what I wanted and that was clear .

Speculation of me wanting compensation is just you going off on something that’s literally not relevant to any of this. Funny that you would even care.

either way it goes with out saying to the person that touched on all the responses. Thanks cheers

happy holidays Merry Christmas 🎄🎁

finally not testing it out for a while. PayPal gives you 6 months this hobby is expensive I had no choice to buy stuff here and there when I got good prices to get back into it. For you to again basically bash me for what I did as if someone else’s dishonest is in any way my fault shows how closed minded you are to come here and post that after the gentleman gave his two cents on people’s responses like yours .

these tech elite people choosing to act in these types of fashions repeatedly just makes the nametag less appealing
Old 12-24-2019, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 282 (100%+)

Think it's time to shut this one down!
SteveM and 55Guy like this.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Suspended

dont like opinions don’t ask in an open forum” ;( little wire came out “whaaaaaaa bust out the solder and fix it. You want a flawless esc? Buy it new
Opinions are fine, but why be a jerk about it? EPECIALLY (Did I just cap, bold and underline that... because I meant to) as a moderator on the site. I think most of us on here don't expect you to contribute to the vile, but rather... idk, be helpful and speak against it? If you want to give a negative "opinion" on topics, why be a moderator? The purpose of a moderator is to preside over conversation in a nonpartisan manner. Just be a regular member like the rest of us...

To Vegas - Things can be construed in ways you may not have meant it on these forums, which I think is what put things into a spiral. My advice would be to read, and re-read a post before you post it just to make sure it doesn't come off in a manner that will trigger those easily triggered. It's not an easy skill and I don't think a single of us have mastered it LOL. ---- Otherwise, this hobby is FILLED with great guys (and some gals!) that are incredibly helpful. It doesn't matter if you're into this, a sport, business... there's always people who are negative. Like you said, don't let it bother you. This hobby has been a god send for me since I got out of the military. I was really into it as a kid, got out when I was a teenager and came back once I got out in my mid 20's and it's helped me focus on something constructive and make me feel a sense of accomplishment when I'm done with the build, or tuned the car, or knocked off another second or 2 off of my fastest laps. Keep at it - you'll always be learning!
Old 12-24-2019, 08:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Think it's time to shut this one down!
Moderator in training? LOL ---

I think it's a great discussion. Let's just flame out a noobie who felt wronged, and didn't realize how simple of a fix it was. This thread shows the importance of not jumping the gun too quickly (on both sides) and the a more constructive way to approach something.

But, down it shall go

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.