Like Tree48Likes

Dulley / sold a esc with problems

Old 12-15-2019, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Loose wire on the reciever plug hardly seems like a big enough issue for this thread to exist.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlairW
Loose wire on the reciever plug hardly seems like a big enough issue for this thread to exist.
WELL SAID SIR. DONE.
Troubles Dad likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

you left him positive feedback for this transaction? or was it another deal you did with him?
Old 12-16-2019, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funkydrummer1
TRUTH!!!! YOU WANT THE TRUTH!!!????? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!! LOL!!!!
Whatevs. I hope that sponsored driver showed you how to fix the problem so you know what to do for next time...
Or I can send you a bunch of servo connectors and you can practice fixing them so you can do it yourself...Thats kind of a common problem with servo connectors..they wear out after a while...as does everything...
yes if you wanna send me some id love the gesture and the practice of becoming a person that could assist others
Old 12-16-2019, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

sacmiata and Shnoo like this.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Ya rc phreak when I got it I did to be a good buyer I hadnít use it . Sat there until getting use last week as mentioned

if I can edit it I will thanks .

some other people that need their feedback removed or edited as well selling faulty stuff
Old 12-16-2019, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

The connector end is subject to a lot of wear and tear and things like this can easily happen. I've seen racers tug on the wire lead and not the plastic connector and cause even worse damage. Since you need to make repairs, why not buy the proper crimper and a package of the connector pins and effect repairs. You could even shorten the lead to make a cleaner install. Nothing uglier than a couple of long leads zip tied and stuffed in the chassis.
sacmiata likes this.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
Nothing uglier than a couple of long leads zip tied and stuffed in the chassis.
I resemble that remark! Actually my DUPONT crimper kit came in just a few weeks ago to fix a servo lead that was damaged.

I know it sucks to have to buy a tool to fix this but every RC (and regular) tool I own has saved me money in the long run (except for that 50 dollar parts tray!)
Goof likes this.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Would you be kind enough to link some parts to buy to address said issue please would be greatly appreciated. All for learning and becoming more useful
Old 12-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Crimping Tool I bought and lifetime supply of connectors! 20 bucks total. FYI I linked the JR/HITEC universal connectors. There is a futaba version (I saw you used a futaba receiver but the universals should work just fine).

https://www.amazon.com/Meterk-Crimping-Terminals-Connectors-Ratcheting/dp/B06ZZ7QMTK/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=dupont%2Bcrimper&qid=1576537925&s=hi&sr=1-11&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/Meterk-Crimping-Terminals-Connectors-Ratcheting/dp/B06ZZ7QMTK/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=dupont%2Bcrimper&qid=1576537925&s=hi&sr=1-11&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/WGCD-Universal-Servo-Connector-Female/dp/B06XJV9S1G/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dupont+connector+jr&qid=1576538094&s=electronics&sr=1-1-catcorr https://www.amazon.com/WGCD-Universal-Servo-Connector-Female/dp/B06XJV9S1G/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dupont+connector+jr&qid=1576538094&s=electronics&sr=1-1-catcorr

Troubles Dad and Goof like this.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sacmiata
Crimping Tool I bought and lifetime supply of connectors! 20 bucks total. FYI I linked the JR/HITEC universal connectors. There is a futaba version (I saw you used a futaba receiver but the universals should work just fine).

https://www.amazon.com/Meterk-Crimpi...i&sr=1-11&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/WGCD-Universa...sr=1-1-catcorr
thanks a bunch\. This type of support and friendliness is what made RC so special to begin with. Itís when people spend their time helping that it means so much more. Much appreciated
Old 12-17-2019, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sacmiata
I resemble that remark! Actually my DUPONT crimper kit came in just a few weeks ago to fix a servo lead that was damaged.

I know it sucks to have to buy a tool to fix this but every RC (and regular) tool I own has saved me money in the long run (except for that 50 dollar parts tray!)
question for ya.. i see futaba server plugs with wire it seems I could buy one of those get a piece of shrink wrap and solder or tie the wires together (assuming solder is better)
this seems like it would be a hell of a lot faster and easier than crimping small wires into a tiny tube like shape. what do you think about this alternative?
Old 12-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
question for ya.. i see futaba server plugs with wire it seems I could buy one of those get a piece of shrink wrap and solder or tie the wires together (assuming solder is better)
this seems like it would be a hell of a lot faster and easier than crimping small wires into a tiny tube like shape. what do you think about this alternative?
Personally go with the crimping tool and for the amount of pins you can practice a lot and still have tons of them, the shrink wrap is fine but is not that clean and you need to know how to solder, but crimping is easier than you think and then you can help locals at your track out fixing their broke stuff.
Cain and Propchecku37 like this.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
my other post hasnít been addressed - but thanks for telling me I should go buy what the dishonest seller didnít buy or do you are suggesting I should do for his dishonest actions LOL.

lastly if you are buying new electronics and having a wire issue after running the brand new vehicle for a lap or two then by all means you are either very unlucky or need to look for a better seller of electronics I raced rc back in brushed days and never encountered any issues with wires from new products never the less this isnít new and you came in here and started making it seem that new products have issues lol who does that. Man o man again the time people waste on others justifying peopleís wrongful actions is Laughable
I race with Troubles Dad, he is probably one of the best people to have at your track, always willing to help, etc.

As for having items having issue when new, I have seen this back in the brushed days up to today. Things happen. Recently I helped a buddy with a motor that ran hot always right out of the box for no reason. Found the issue, bearing wasn't seated all the way in the can from the factory, fixed, motor runs great now.

As for what you ran into assuming I am reading and seeing the issue correctly, I can see a situation where the esc actually worked, the seller went to package it up and pulled the plug funny and then the wire had the issue you see. Me personally as a seller I would have worked with getting that situated with you, and in general I video all my electronics working prior to sale.

Old 12-20-2019, 03:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

the time it took to type the first post you could have re-solder the wire

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.