Bigdawgtx NOT AN HONEST TRADER

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)
Default Removed

Boycott buying anything from Bigdawgtx because he doesn't follow good selling etiquette! PM'd him with a request to buy a radio he was selling with the stipulation I would like to see pics first. He answered the PM with "pics to be available when I get home from work". No pics ever showed up. Two follow up PMs to him go unanswered. Then some other person blindly sends him money for the radio after I requested it. Since Bigdawgtx got the cash he sells the radio to the other party and blew me off. Nice way to treat potential customer on this thread.

BOYCOTT BIGDAWGTX SO MAYBE HE WILL GET THE MESSAGE OF HONEST SALESMENSHIP!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rraden; 03-12-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A seller reserves the right to chose who he wishes to sell to. Perhaps he did'nt like one of your pms, or had a better offer , or whatever. Granted, he should have at least pm'd or emailed you saying he accepted another offer, but that is still no reason to flame him.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:59 AM

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

A seller reserves the right to chose who he wishes to sell to.
I agree...but....

I think the the problem is that common courtesy on this site and many others is suffering badly. It sounds to me like the seller in this was possibly to lazy/busy, or whatever to take the time to send the pics, and when another buyer showed up that was foolish enough to buy something without seeing pics of it, the the seller decided that offending the first potential didn't matter if he could sell the product without having to take the time to send the pics to the first buyer.
I assure you though, that whoever bought it sight unseen will quickly learn his lesson about doing that!!!...lol. It doesn't take to long to get burned on a deal anymore when you DO see pics, letalone when you buy it without seeing it....lol.
I don't agree that assuming that the first potential buyer must've said something that offended the buyer is a good way to look at it. I do think that for the most part(from personal experience) that a lot people that sell on here lack good commmunication skills. However, it seems that usually those are the first people to scream foul when someone doesn't keep them "updated" on a purchase the way they want, or treat THEM "fairly"...lol.
I'm also learning that alot of people seem to want to list on these sites because it's not only cheaper than selling on ebay, but it's also easier, and they can be more lazy in preparing for the sale.
Just my 2 cents.....I know the frustration that this guy is feeling, but in all reality, if we are going to trade on these sites, then we might as well get used to these types of people. That's not to say that I haven't found some sellers/buyers on here that are awesome traders in every way!!! And those are the ones that I migrate to when I am looking to buy or sell something.

Brad
Old 03-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I totaly agree on the whole seller responsibilty and ethics issue but you will get that when your not dealing face to face with someone! Some poeple say and do things to others on trade forums that they wouldnt even think of doing in person for one reason. You cant get you butt kicked by a key board......

Just for the record though there are more good people on here then bad. A whole bunch of good buyers and sellers.....

The issue at hand though is from what I understand is not a reason to "boycott" a seller.I have had my share of items that wanted to buy but wanted more info or like in your case pics that went to the first buyer that came through with the cash...point is you did not commit yourself to actualy buying the item you merely made an offer that if you like what you see in the pics then you would commit it wasnt a done deal yet at least that what it sounds like to me. Unfortunately in your case someone made a commitment to buy before you made your decision.

You can also look at it this way from a sellers point of view and I say this with expierience from having a fellow forum member make me an offer to buy but only after I sent him pics well just like in your case I got an offer from a nother guy to buy on the spot and I told him that I had another offer already and waited for the other guy after i sent him the pics well after a few days nothing I never heard from the first guy so I PM'd him and asked whats up he pm'd me back saying he wasnt interested because he baught it "cheaper elswhere. after he said he would buy it only needed pics and I went through the effort to take pics and send them and blew off a guy that had cash in hand and i tried to get a hold of the second buyer but he also was no longer interested so you hopefully can see my point I dont think that the guy was being unethical it goes back to a very familiar quote"money talks" thats just part of buying and selling. But more importantly we all go on with our lives and even more important you actualy just lost out to another buyer on a item that you wanted and you didnt get ripped off by the guy or anything like that. I understand why you may be disapointed but realy you shouldt take it personaly.

Last edited by Jmccormick; 03-12-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

I completely disagree. The first person to give me money is the person that wins the item. If all he said was "Pics available when I get home" and never commited to selling you the item then he is not at fault. It sounds like you are bitter that you didn't win the item and your bitterness has nothing to do with his honesty.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Who are you disagreeing with??? I basicly said the same thing you did but with a bit more understanding....................
Old 03-12-2006, 09:55 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I sell my items to who ever has the money first, it someone ask for pics or says they want the item I will only give them first proitity if there are online at the time. To wait hours or days for someones response does not work with me.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Just to clarify a couple of points. I was the first person to PM bigdawgtx about the item and clearly stated my intentions that I wanted to buy the item but just wanted to see a pic of the item first. Any smart buyer wants to make sure of what they are buying before pulling the trigger. Especially in the internet market arena. Would you buy a car without first looking at? How about a TV, or computer, or anything else? Do you walk into a store and pay for the item first and then go pick it up? NO, you look at it first, make sure it's worth your hard earned money, and then pay!

As far as boycotting bigdawgtx, yes, I think it's a fair thing to do. If you don't attempt to make people understand their actions then they will continue to do what they have always done.

For those of you who disagree would probably do the same thing when selling to some buyer. Unfortunately, that's where innocent people get ripped off buying over the internet.

The old saying "money talks, b---s--- walks" prevails again!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:11 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Thats why people should post pictures right in the fourm instead of saying, for pics please e-mail me at .... Is it not easier to post pics for everyone to see instead of reply to e-mails requesting pics.???
Old 03-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jmccormick
Who are you disagreeing with??? I basicly said the same thing you did but with a bit more understanding....................
I disagree with the original post.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rraden
Would you buy a car without first looking at? How about a TV, or computer, or anything else? Do you walk into a store and pay for the item first and then go pick it up? NO, you look at it first, make sure it's worth your hard earned money, and then pay!
Apparently the guy who bought it did. Also what is he waited till he got home and sent you the pics and for some reason you decided you didn't want it? Unless he confirmed you had a deal it doesn't matter if you were 1st, 2nd, or 3rd to express interest.

The old saying "money talks, b---s--- walks" prevails again!
Absolutely which is why I do not fault the guy for selling it to the first person who was willing to give him money.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I agree to a point,but just like the old saying..money talks.. I have sold some items here on RC Tech that I did not have photos of,The items i sold were good,sold as described.I have bought some Items here on RC Tech that had photos that "looked good" but they were total junk..worn out shocks,diffs worn out,cracked chassis..etc.Photos offer no more security from getting riped off than having no photos do.If you don't trust the situation don't buy.The people I buy from I dont need photos..I trust them.If they are going to rip me off I'm sure they can send me "some photos" of stuff they dont own.As far as BIGDAGWTX not being an "honest" trader I don't see it..unless the guy who bought the radio did not get what he paid for.I see it as if you did not like the situation(from what i "got" you did not)don't buy and move on.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

If i held an item for every person who said "i will take it but send pics" i would never sell anything.

If you had offered a small deposit, that may have changed things.

People sell things on ogther boards too, and locally. I put stuff I am selling on my local track board first, then on RCTECH. So it could sell before I read my tech pms.

Basically, as mentioned, money talks. Good deals go quickly, I have had to take chances on deals on here before, because i know if i wait for pictures, someone else will jump on it.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:19 AM

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

All good points by everyone, I think. And as I considered it, I don't know that I can agree with the title of the thread or not. Like some of you, I don't know that selling something to the first person to send the money makes you a dishonest seller.

Basically as a buyer we have to decide if we are willing to trust the person that we are buying from, pics or no pics really.

As sellers, we have to decide whether we believe that person that says he is going to buy it or not is serious. I too have held things for a good 24 hours before because someone said "I'll take it, where do I send the money", and then I never hear from them again.
Now, however, I say okay, you've got so much time, or so many hours to pay for it, or I'm selling it to anyone else that wants it. It also depends on who you are dealing with. If it's someone that I have done a lot of business with in the past, then my standards are adjusted to the quality of that buyer.

So what's the moral of the story??? Just like you guys have been saying.....Money talks.....and you know the rest....But, I also say that the character/reputation of the buyer sometimes talks as much or even more than money, to me...

Brad
Old 03-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got a pm from the buyer before i got one from rraden, you can get a pm from someone without a thread that says ygpm! Also rraden said in an e-mail "I will take it if it has a receiver and crystals" WHICH IT DID NOT HAVE!! Also the item is New in Box, which I dont see the need to send pics, if you trust someone send the money if you dont go to the next thread. Also I feel like the other 50 people that I have sold to think I am an honest trader. Thanks!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service