Bigdawgtx NOT AN HONEST TRADER

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:57 AM
  #16  
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

Sounds to me like sour grapes that he did not get the good deal.

This thread is pointless, makes it look like a seller, who did nothing wrong, is bad.

I would suggest it is deleted.
BritRacer is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 12:03 PM
  #17  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

I don't think the seller did anything wrong. Certainly not to warrant him being boycotted. It would have been nice if he had held the item, and sent you the pics but he certainly did not have to. Maybe you should be happy that you didn't buy this. You made no committment to buy and he made none to sell. Your committment to buy based on pics is not a committment because you left yourself a way to back out. He found another person that honored his terms before anyone else including you and therefore the sale took place. This is one of the things that go along with internet sales.
Scott Fisher is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 12:08 PM
  #18  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Should I really get a boycott thread when I did nothing wrong??? Thanks
bigdawgtx is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 12:51 PM
  #19  
Moderator
iTrader: (150)
 
WYLDTHING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Justa passin through.......
Posts: 4,593
Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigdawgtx
Should I really get a boycott thread when I did nothing wrong??? Thanks

The only thing I would say is that EVEN if something is listed as "new in box", I STILL want to see pics. Does that mean that you did anything wrong?? In my opinion, no. Would it have been better if you had contacted this guy about it, and explained what was going on?? Probably. It might have eliminated this whole thread to begin with.

But personally, unless I know the seller VERY well, then I want to see pics no matter how it's listed, cuz just because it is "new in box", doesn't mean that it still looks like new in box....to some people anyways...lol. I'm probably a little more gun shy than most on here though, as I have had some bad experiences in the not so distant past...

Brad

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 03-12-2006 at 03:58 PM.
WYLDTHING is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 01:56 PM
  #20  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (247)
 
rraden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 5,052
Trader Rating: 247 (100%+)
Default

Let's end this mayhem.

Bigdawgtx, if you say the other party PM'd you before mine, then prove it and I'll retract everything here.

If not, then because of your inability to communicate properly and the way you handled this sale, you get what you deserve. Admit it and go about your business.
rraden is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 PM
  #21  
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

Originally Posted by rraden
Let's end this mayhem.

Bigdawgtx, if you say the other party PM'd you before mine, then prove it and I'll retract everything here.

If not, then because of your inability to communicate properly and the way you handled this sale, you get what you deserve.
You started this "mayhem"....

BritRacer is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 02:04 PM
  #22  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (247)
 
rraden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 5,052
Trader Rating: 247 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BritRacer
You started this "mayhem"....

And more comments from the "peanut gallery"
rraden is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
  #23  
Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
roadrashracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Bay, Wi
Posts: 13,044
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

everyone has there own way of selling and that is just how this fourm is something you have to get used to. You should only be bitching if you got screwed on a trade or did not recive what you thought you were to get. Did you tell him your feelings before you posted this thread? this is getting to very redickulous. It just part of dealing with people on rc tech!
roadrashracing is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 02:16 PM
  #24  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (158)
 
LasagnaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hickory Hills, IL
Posts: 2,185
Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rraden
Let's end this mayhem.

Bigdawgtx, if you say the other party PM'd you before mine, then prove it and I'll retract everything here.

If not, then because of your inability to communicate properly and the way you handled this sale, you get what you deserve. Admit it and go about your business.
A seller can sell any item to any buyer he chooses at any time. What you (rraden) tell him as a potential buyer means NOTHING, the seller can do as they please - it's their property, yes? What would be the simplest route would be if sellers would put a "first person to send payment gets the item" clause in their f/s post. Most sellers don't, but either way.. a seller can have fifteen people say they'll buy something after seeing a pic, or after their payday, or on Tuesday when it rains.. the seller is quite free to sell to the 16th person if only because they feel like doing so.

Rraden, all you're doing by starting a thread like this is making it more difficult for yourself to buy items in a forum like this. Other sellers may see your post here and automatically exclude you as a buyer because of the implied issues involved with you being a 'problem' buyer. I've dealt with you a few times before without issue, but for an outsider looking in your post here looks either like an attempt to randomly drag a seller through the mud or at worst dealing with someone that flips out over nothing. In the seven years I've been selling online, I've had many, many, many transactions where a buyer pledged to send a payment and never did. Buyer promises mean *nothing* when a total stranger is involved, cash speaks though.
LasagnaCat is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 02:19 PM
  #25  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

why should i have to prove that he sent his first, he did and once again you still have not admitted that you said that you wanted it IF IT HAD THE RECEIVER AND THE CRYSTALS AND IT DID NOT!!!
bigdawgtx is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
  #26  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (158)
 
LasagnaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hickory Hills, IL
Posts: 2,185
Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)
Default

May be prudent to just drop this and let it die before you make yourself look bad.
LasagnaCat is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
  #27  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Cat, I will always sell to the first person who says send me your paypal. And I will always sell to a person that I promise something to, not to someone who says he has first dibs, you could be waiting forever for the payment.
bigdawgtx is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
  #28  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (247)
 
rraden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 5,052
Trader Rating: 247 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigdawgtx
And I will always sell to a person that I promise something to, not to someone who says he has first dibs, you could be waiting forever for the payment.
Yeah, just like the pics you promised!
rraden is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 06:50 PM
  #29  
Moderator
iTrader: (150)
 
WYLDTHING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Justa passin through.......
Posts: 4,593
Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rraden
Yeah, just like the pics you promised!
In the words of a famous lizard in a beer commercial......."let it go Louie, just let it go"..........
WYLDTHING is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 07:02 PM
  #30  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (247)
 
rraden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 5,052
Trader Rating: 247 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
A seller can sell any item to any buyer he chooses at any time. What you (rraden) tell him as a potential buyer means NOTHING, the seller can do as they please - it's their property, yes? What would be the simplest route would be if sellers would put a "first person to send payment gets the item" clause in their f/s post. Most sellers don't, but either way.. a seller can have fifteen people say they'll buy something after seeing a pic, or after their payday, or on Tuesday when it rains.. the seller is quite free to sell to the 16th person if only because they feel like doing so.

Rraden, all you're doing by starting a thread like this is making it more difficult for yourself to buy items in a forum like this. Other sellers may see your post here and automatically exclude you as a buyer because of the implied issues involved with you being a 'problem' buyer. I've dealt with you a few times before without issue, but for an outsider looking in your post here looks either like an attempt to randomly drag a seller through the mud or at worst dealing with someone that flips out over nothing. In the seven years I've been selling online, I've had many, many, many transactions where a buyer pledged to send a payment and never did. Buyer promises mean *nothing* when a total stranger is involved, cash speaks though.
Lasagnacat,
That's your opinion. Take a look at my feedback here and on Ebay. It's impecable. You need to keep to yourself unless you know the entire story. Of which here, you do not. A lot of people like to pontificate to hear themself speak as you can see in this thread.

Yes, I was dissappointed in not getting the sale. If bigdawgtx would have sent the pics as promised from my first PM. I would have made the payment immediately.

It's people like you who take one shred of information and pretend to know all of what's going on. I too, have been selling and buying on this thread as long as you have. But the difference between you and me is that I'm a cautious buyer and always take the necessary steps to insure a good, safe transaction. Supporting behavior like bigdawgtx's sends the message that it's ok to do business in an unfair manner.
rraden is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service