Search
Like Tree29Likes

BEWARE of New Member ShawnRS4

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 08:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Talking Header

SteveM, did you print out the header, for future reference in case you’re contacted by your local police? Also, what other info do you have other than the email address from the other person? I was just wondering if you had the other person’s phone number or even a physical address, otherwise the police are just “going to look into it”. There’s not much they can do without it here in the states, & you’re in Canada at that. That might fall under a whole different jurisdiction because of international borders.
For certain types of activity, many states require repeated acts or a pattern of behavior in order for a defendant to be found guilty of harassment. But where the activity involves physical contact, the threat of violence, or conduct likely to provoke a violent reaction, harassment statutes typically require only a single incident. For example, Hawaii’s harassment statute requires repeated phone calls in order for a violation of the law to have occurred, but the same statute requires only a single occurrence if the language or action is likely to cause a violent response or cause the victim to reasonably believe that the aggressor intends to physically harm the victim.

In some states, it is not necessary that a person threatens immediate harm. In Washington state, for example, a person commits harassment even where the threat is to commit a physically violent act at a future time. Other states require an immediate threat, such as California’s criminal threat statute.

Old 11-23-2019, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I have saved all PM messages, emails and subscription emails. I have his full name and address as well, just no telephone number to provide to the authorities. Very stressful to be put through nonsense like this over a silly toy car body.
DRTMI likes this.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Too bad you's are so far apart. Would be worth a road trip!!!
TeamSkunkwerks and DRTMI like this.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Talking Maybe

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Too bad you's are so far apart. Would be worth a road trip!!!
Dude probably has a Ring for his doorbell & would be hiding in his Mom’s basement.
Andy Koback likes this.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

The tidal wave of SPAM this morning slowed and even stopped for a few hours, but this person is back online now doing his worst.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

guys this has got to stop on both sides.. deall gone bad here on rctech as both could not figure paypal out.. anything off of rctech we can do nothing about except ask both parties nicely to stop.. after that your big boys and put on the big boy pants and figure things out.. I wish I had a better answer but that is all that can be done.. but if things escalate out of this post to other posts around rctech and either troll each other both will be suspended. thank you
freaksofnature and DRTMI like this.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ShawnRS4
nobody's putting you thru nonsense princess.. so go uck off..
And let's share the PM message you just sent with everyone on RCTech as well;

" take my f***ing babe of this site or I will start what you accuse me of Steve..(additional content redacted due to privacy concerns) "

Not really sure what you are trying to say as your use of English is so poor.

Last edited by DRTMI; 11-23-2019 at 05:14 PM. Reason: quoted language
Old 11-23-2019, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

freaksofnature likes this.

Last edited by DRTMI; 11-23-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: personal info
Old 11-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ShawnRS4
yes cause Canadian Idiot is such a slur!! The link is Weird Al's Canadian Idiot ya fool..
Nobody anywhere will ever deal with you Shawn after seeing all of this nonsense. No good can come from posts like.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
Nobody anywhere will ever deal with you Shawn after seeing all of this nonsense. No good can come from posts like.
Let's not give him ideas
Old 11-23-2019, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

now ive had enough of you 2.. not sure who is being dishonest but I have had enough.. 1 suspension handed out.. I hope another 1 wont have to be.. enjoy you night
Old 11-23-2019, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've had it as well. Personal info posted is not permitted.
J.Whiting and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there any way to prove ShawnRS4 is continuing to do this? I get spam in waves too; I'm pretty sure everyone does. Somehow your email address gets added to one spammer's list, and spammers are constantly stealing lists from each other. ShawnRS4 could've signed you up for some spam once and now the damage is done; or it could be a crazy coincidence that your email address was stolen from a legit website or guessed by a spambot around the same time this bad transaction happened.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird to read my email. Its original claim to fame is a built-in self-learning spam filter, and I still love it. Saves me the trouble of deleting a couple dozen spam emails a day on an email account that I've used for over a decade.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not defending ShawnRS4 or excusing their behavior, I'm just putting on my IT Admin hat and thinking about all the various ways this might've happened.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sacmiata
At least you have 8 new matches!

​​​​​​​My condolances to your email account.
[guiltylol]
Old 11-23-2019, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
Is there any way to prove ShawnRS4 is continuing to do this? I get spam in waves too; I'm pretty sure everyone does. Somehow your email address gets added to one spammer's list, and spammers are constantly stealing lists from each other. ShawnRS4 could've signed you up for some spam once and now the damage is done; or it could be a crazy coincidence that your email address was stolen from a legit website or guessed by a spambot around the same time this bad transaction happened.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird to read my email. Its original claim to fame is a built-in self-learning spam filter, and I still love it. Saves me the trouble of deleting a couple dozen spam emails a day on an email account that I've used for over a decade.
I was getting the occasional spam email like everyone else, but not like this. When he didn't get what he wanted he executed a plan to submit my email to as may subscription sites as possible. Now that is is banned, and with no other avenue for revenge, he is clearly submitting my email to gay dating sites and the flood gates have opened once again. Can I prove it in court, likely not without some sophisticated software tracking tool.

Monday Nov 25th and 35 more SPAM emails all from BuzzFeed. ShawnRS4 has been very busy submitting my email again today.

Last edited by SteveM; 11-25-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.