Like Tree52Likes

Seller HARRISY - looks like scam

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 05:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadKatt View Post
Donít usually post on things like this but I must say after years of using PayPal I know that I have at least 3-4 weeks to wait a transaction out. If I donít get my item and communications arenít working PayPal will still fix things for you. Need to have WAY more patience for $40.
agreed or next time go to your local hobby store and buy the servo that way you dont blow a gasket waiting for it
freaksofnature likes this.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2 View Post
Lol at not reading anymore. The guy was paid friday he said he would ship then. yesterday was tuesday he promised to get it sent out on friday, Friday 1 , Saturday 2, Sunday, 3 Monday 4, Tuesday 5.

how do you get 3 days from 5 days multiple logins and not responding to pms yet you still reply back with some rude remarks about what i did not being adequate. whatever. thankfully he noticed the paypal email about what was going on.
Wow man. You have to be one of the most impatient buyers I have ever seen. You're buying something used from an end user who has a job, probably kids, probably a mortgage and many other things that are more important than you. You paid him $40. So he didn't ship the day he said, so he didn't communicate to you quickly - these are things that affect feedback. Paypal has you covered as long as you paid for a good or service. Show a little more patience or buy online from stores whose full time job is to ship items they sell - if not you will quickly find your feedback reflects your impatience and no one will sell to you here.
Andy Koback and tcb22185 like this.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Best line from that thread - "if and when the money comes back to me should It I will update, however this is a nightmare that I had to do all this just to get you to respond."

A nightmare ...... over $40 and a couple of days delay.

I understand the frustration, but dude, you take it too serious.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

"to file a PP dispute claiming the charges were unauthorized is BS! I'm guessing, and could be wrong, but I see 2 reasons a person would do that. 1) they sent the payment as a gift and an unauthorized payment basically guarentees you'll get your money back. Or 2) a person is so impatient and in such a hurry to get their money back."

Looks like he paid with friends and family - From the sales thread the buyer noted that he "will learn from how I sent you this money." - Maybe vegas was hoping that he could get his item shipped right away then use the "unauthorized payment" scam to get a free servo with 2 day shipping - better then Amazon Prime!
Old 08-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Awesome thread now I know who to put on the list of ďNEVER SELL ITEMS TOĒ
how long is your list now?
Old 08-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sacmiata View Post
"to file a PP dispute claiming the charges were unauthorized is BS! I'm guessing, and could be wrong, but I see 2 reasons a person would do that. 1) they sent the payment as a gift and an unauthorized payment basically guarentees you'll get your money back. Or 2) a person is so impatient and in such a hurry to get their money back."

Looks like he paid with friends and family - From the sales thread the buyer noted that he "will learn from how I sent you this money." - Maybe vegas was hoping that he could get his item shipped right away then use the "unauthorized payment" scam to get a free servo with 2 day shipping - better then Amazon Prime!
to think you feel I would come on to this site trying to make friends help out and chat where I can in addition to being a part of the buying/selling community as a reliable trustworthy member on all accounts and then try to "scam a seller out of a product he almost scammed me out of" is crazy, im really unsure how someone goes where someone reports valid information about someone acting improperly as a seller and then they conjure up all this negativity about someone elses irresponsible behavior. think whatever you want. the guy said that I got my money back so anyone trying to point out it taking 3-4 days i was simply spelling out the real case for anyone who saw the screen shot and may be assuming I did.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadKatt View Post
Donít usually post on things like this but I must say after years of using PayPal I know that I have at least 3-4 weeks to wait a transaction out. If I donít get my item and communications arenít working PayPal will still fix things for you. Need to have WAY more patience for $40.
No excuse for ignoring pms and no update after multiple logins on different days. Number one thing sketchy people do
Old 08-09-2019, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Vegas, you keep saying he may have been trying to scam you. Did you send payment as "goods or services"? That's a question. If you did there's virtually no way for him to scam you.
I'll agree that his communication was poor. But here's what most rational people on here would do... you pay Friday, and regardless of when they tell you they'll ship, or how many times they log in. You wait until Monday maybe even Tuesday before asking for a tracking number. Give it a day and send another PM (Tuesday or Wednesday at this point) asking again and informing them that if you don't hear anything you'll be forced to file a claim with PP. At which point the seller will have, I believe, 10 days to provide a tracking number. Normally by this point you've heard from the seller, or in many cases already received the item...but that's what normal people do.

You talk about what "shady" people do.. In one way or another I've been involved in at least 90% of every feedback dispute or scammer situation on here for the last 9 years. I can tell you that the most shady thing I've seen a person do is file an unauthorized payment claim with PP after they willingly purchase an item.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Still no refund far as I can tell the case is closed and money hasn't been refunded as of yet.

What's this showing on your end ?
Old 08-14-2019, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Money sent on 8/2 was not refunded. Case closed. You got the money and never sent product.

You said you would refund me and hasn't happened.

Please send the money back to me asap
Old 08-14-2019, 07:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

how long is your list now?
only you are on it
tcb22185, freaksofnature and 55Guy like this.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:18 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

How is he suppose to refund money, when YOU unauthorized the payment. Its between you and paypal!
Old 08-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Money was paid back today now it's time to put this behind us
Old 08-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

only you are on it
adding him to my list too. Holy Smokes!
Marcos.J and Andy Koback like this.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Money was paid back today now it's time to put this behind us
I am not seeing the US in all of this it looks to me that you were impatient and over reacted. Remain calm and communicate with people and most of all remember these are toy car and a hobby.

freaksofnature likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service