Like Tree20Likes

Problem with seller refunding

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Problem with seller refunding

Hello,

I had a purchase of two rx482 receivers from the seller RCforlife13. He posted them for $130 but asked me to send him $150. I said I would pay him what the post had them down for. Two days after the purchase I sent him a text asking about tracking and he lets me know that he refunded my money due to him testing them and one of them not working. I was unaware of the refund but understood. I asked if he would just sell one of them to me for half of the price. It took him 48 hours to reply “no why risk it?” I then said it felt like he was upset about not getting $150 for them and should be willing to sell it for half. He then started cussing at me over text. He said that he saw my picture and I look like a loser. I told him that I was just trying to purchase some receivers and he had poor communication throughout the transaction. He was never accountable to any of the places he dropped the ball. I put this all on his trader feedback and then he texted me that I am a f%#}*ng fag. I can take screen shots to show each text. He then left me negative feedback calling me a cry baby.

I am asking that the review be removed and that there is some type of action taken against him. I hope this is not an allowable behaviors on RCtech.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Talking

The moment he asked for more than what the ad had listed it for would have ended the whole thing for me.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beeruss
Hello,

I had a purchase of two rx482 receivers from the seller RCforlife13. He posted them for $130 but asked me to send him $150. I said I would pay him what the post had them down for. Two days after the purchase I sent him a text asking about tracking and he lets me know that he refunded my money due to him testing them and one of them not working. I was unaware of the refund but understood. I asked if he would just sell one of them to me for half of the price. It took him 48 hours to reply “no why risk it?” I then said it felt like he was upset about not getting $150 for them and should be willing to sell it for half. He then started cussing at me over text. He said that he saw my picture and I look like a loser. I told him that I was just trying to purchase some receivers and he had poor communication throughout the transaction. He was never accountable to any of the places he dropped the ball. I put this all on his trader feedback and then he texted me that I am a f%#}*ng fag. I can take screen shots to show each text. He then left me negative feedback calling me a cry baby.

I am asking that the review be removed and that there is some type of action taken against him. I hope this is not an allowable behaviors on RCtech.
Sorry to hear you've had issues with RCforlife13. I can say that he never swore at me or accosted me in any way. With that said, I bought his Futaba 7PX and the plastic was cracked on the bottom so the battery door wouldn't stay shut. He offered to refund my money, but something told me not to send it back to him so I listened to my gut. I find it hard to believe that he didn't notice the battery door problem, but he swears he didn't.

Last edited by Garet Jax; 07-25-2019 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Well that’s interesting since he says he tests everything before sending them out. I wish he would test before posting!
DRTMI likes this.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

If you check his feedback it's not the greatest. Has pulled exact same thing on other user as you (sold then refunded money).

I'dl just open claim now with paypal and let them deal with it.
1/8 IC Fan and DRTMI like this.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

This thread inspired me to check the two receivers that came with the radio and one of them isn't working. I asked Rcforlife13 to partially refund me some money given the cracked plastic and the broken receiver.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Arrow File a PayPal claim NOW!!!

Better go ahead & file a PayPal claim NOW!! I’d ask for a partial refund & let PayPal handle it. It’s pretty obvious the seller doesn’t want to bother with you from what you’ve said. I’d also PM him a link to this thread, if you haven’t already.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Another thing, he only is here to sell stuff, if he actually cared or was involved in the hobby he would also contribute to the forums content. As stated file a claim and leave appropriate feedback! If he tries to leave retaliatory feedback, the mods will prevent that!
Old 07-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Okay. Maybe I explained this wrong. He did give me a full refund but it’s just how he handled the whole transaction that I had an issue with by not communicating with me for days and just refunding me without letting me know until I asked about tracking. I told him that I thought his communication could’ve been better, then he cussed me out. I left feedback and the he left me crappy feedback even though I paid promptly and quickly communicated with him each time. How do I get the moderators to remove my bad feedback?
Old 07-25-2019, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Feedback is removed.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Garet Jax
This thread inspired me to check the two receivers that came with the radio and one of them isn't working. I asked Rcforlife13 to partially refund me some money given the cracked plastic and the broken receiver.
He has ignored my private message. I have seen his last login time change at least 3 times since I sent it. I left him negative feedback and started a claim with paypal.

Second bad transaction here

Last edited by Garet Jax; 07-27-2019 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
Feedback is removed.
Another request to remove retaliatory feedback especially since he accused me of being a liar and dishonest - please and thank you.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Sorry to hear you've had issues with RCforlife13. I can say that he never swore at me or accosted me in any way..
Looks like I spoke too soon. This is what he just sent me:

the radio works.
Never even seen or had a problem with it
I didn’t say the radio was new. Stupid
u bought something used and are complaining like a asshole that u are
Old 07-27-2019, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

I hope that the moderators get involved to help him change his behavior.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Exclamation Contact a Moderator

Looks like I spoke too soon. This is what he just sent me:
How was the message sent to you? If he was dumb enough to send it in a PM, the moderators can look at the PM's between both of you. Just contact one. I'd probably contact racer1812 because he's already familiar with what is going on, in regards to what the original poster mentioned.
If it was sent as a text, I'd take a screenshot & send that as a PM to a moderator, as well as PayPal to basically show the sellers demeanor. Never hurts to have documents to prove your claim. His attitude towards you & the original poster may just determine the outcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.