Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ExRCRacer
  • 1 Post By racer1812

b00st warning

Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 1152 (100%+)
Default b00st warning

I buy and sell a lot! I've come across some interesting folk over the years, but this one warrants a story... cuz next to the engine that has been taking up space in my garage since February this takes the cake!

So this is going to be long, but wanted to warn everyone about user b00st Scott Ernst. He posted this ad here on RCtech: T5m , B6 (spec) & B6 (mod) plus brand new stuff The pics are horrible so I sent him a text. He pointed me to the Craigslist ad here: https://allentown.craigslist.org/for...858065853.html Since no price was posted in either ad I asked him for a price. Guy said he needed cash for his vacation and wasn't using the stuff. He stated a price, I said ok. Day later he comes back with $50 more because of the cost to ship (later stated he gets great rates through work), but whatever it was a great deal and it was stuff that moves quickly.

Long story short he basically wanted a short term loan for his vacation using paypal. After all the excuses about shipping dates, I opened a paypal case. He eventually shipped 3 boxes. Not all the stuff was in the 3 boxes and a mysterious 4th box that UPS "forgot" was shipped. After receiving the boxes, it was short 2 transponders which weren't in the pictures to begin with. He said due to the delay he'd refund the shipping he asked for. Said don't worry about the shipping, but the transponders were an issue. Had to change the paypal case type to missing items. I asked him to call me to discuss he said he would in 10 minutes and he didn't until I mentioned it to him 3 days later. When he does call he says just ship it all back. Ummm no.

this just finally ended when I called Paypal after they had been waiting for me to provide return shipping information. I was like look, I provided evidence that this guy has just lied and lied, so what are we going to do here. Paypal provided me a satisfactory refund(out of paypal's seller protection and not from the seller) to close the dispute. If you like long drawn out you can read the screen caps below from my phone. It's comical... now.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jesus... what a hot mess that guy seems. I see these types of things on here, selling pages on Facebook and buyer/trader/seller dispute forums and it never ceases to amaze me how such a simple transaction can get so botched by a seller (seller in most cases). It's incredible...

Here's how I sell stuff in 7 simple steps:

1). Post your add with clear, REAL TIME pictures of all items you intend to sell and accurately describe your item(s) (not pictures of when you first built your Mugen or whatever you run).

2). Do not have items in the picture you don't want to sell, and do not leave items not pictured you list to sell.

3). Once a deal is made, provide your PayPal and allow a prescribed time limit for the buyer to get you funds. If you don't have the funds within your prescribed period of time, feel free to accept other offers. ---------- If the buyer sends you funds, but does so after your prescribed time for payment has expired - it is at your discretion if you choose to accept as the seller. If you have made a deal with someone else within that time period - refund the payment promptly, EVEN IF the new buyer got your item for lower. That's called "integrity".

4). Once you have payment, withdrawal the funds to your account (or not... whatever) and ship the item. Don't wait for the PP funds to hit your account before shipping. If you are THAT broke to where you can't afford to pay shipping out of pocket before your PP hits your bank account, get out of this hobby and feed your family.

5). Go to the friggin post office YOURSELF, and do it within 24 hours! Your wife doesn't give a sh-t about shipping your stuff. 99% of the time this happens I think that it is an excuse for laziness or complacency. Also, I don't care if you:

a. Have your own business
b. Participate in community events
c. Had a death in the family
d. Had to work and are not home a few days
e. Any other lame excuse that can be thought up

NONE of that is on the buyer. Fulfill your obligation. If you had the time to list it, time to accept it and time to withdrawal it, have the time to ship it. If you can't ship, don't list.

6). Send tracking information while standing in the post office. Don't move until you have sent it via text, RCtech PM, or whatever other method of communication you have with the buyer. Stand there and do it, thus, it is done and there is no risk of the tracking # being misplaced. Then, keep the tracking receipt until you have positive feedback confirming receipt of items and that the buyer is happy with everything. Only then do I personally ditch the physical tracking receipt.

7). As a seller, unless the buyer has a zero feedback rating, I leave positive feedback immediately for the buyer. There's no reason to hold their feedback for ransom. They held up their end of the deal and there will be no problems if you hold up yours. If there is, you deserve negative feedback as a seller.

Do these very simple steps, and I guarantee you, as a seller, you will never have anyone upset with you.

For those that aren't idiots and are just using an elaborate scheme to get stuff for free - trust me... your number will be up eventually. People are starting to fight back and contacting the FBI for mail fraud and a host of other things. Some people (which I don't support, nor advise doing this as it could end up being a very dangerous situation) take things in their own hands and either show up to the other party's home, or someone else in that area does it for them. Ripping people off can carry serious consequences. You never quite know who you're dealing with and it could bite you hard in the end....

#JustSayin
freaksofnature and the rc guy like this.

Last edited by ExRCRacer; 05-20-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Used to actually race at Trackside Hobbies and Raceway in Milwaukee, WI. Funny thing is, Scotty owned that place. Nice fellow and usually very welcoming, but no excuse for untimely orders and the inability to rectify issues caused by that. I've seen you in better days, Scotty! Glad all is resolved with PP, Dave. Arbitrators seem to be increasingly important dealing with folks who aren't willing to take responsibility these days.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samlax77 View Post
Used to actually race at Trackside Hobbies and Raceway in Milwaukee, WI. Funny thing is, Scotty owned that place. Nice fellow and usually very welcoming, but no excuse for untimely orders and the inability to rectify issues caused by that. I've seen you in better days, Scotty! Glad all is resolved with PP, Dave. Arbitrators seem to be increasingly important dealing with folks who aren't willing to take responsibility these days.
i dont think is the same Scotty
Old 06-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i dont think is the same Scotty
It most certainly IS NOT Scotty Ernst.
Marcos.J likes this.

Last edited by racer1812; 06-15-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This is NOT Scotty Ernst from Wisconsin.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 1152 (100%+)

No, this person is located in PA.