Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Alphamiller trolling wanted to buy section >

Alphamiller trolling wanted to buy section

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Alphamiller trolling wanted to buy section

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

If you guys would have read the rules last year this wouldn’t happen

woah, what are you even talking about? We haven’t broken a rule, noones even been scammed man! This is a new scammer that’s sending the same pms out to everyone looking for stuff in the WTB, in a attempt to scam people. He hasn’t been successful, and he wasn’t successful with anyone in this thread. We are simply here verifying the original posters claims that this is, surely, a scam and his account needs to be banned. WE caught him and called it out, now YOU ban him. Unless you want to switch roles and Let me, then we need your help or another mod who understands what’s going on. And one of these gentlemen posted the screenshot, that is the exact same format of message he has sent to us all, so we can all post the same thing, or you can just look at his and know that we all go the identical message just with a different subject matter for the sale. You continue to blame us, for nothing, as nothing has even happened. You did this on my thread when I got scammed. Why are you so quick to blame us for scammers wrong doing? We are literally in this thread because we are following the rules. I pay for my membership because I truly love this site, so I’m here trying to help make it a a better place. Please start from the beginning of this thread and try to understand. Noones been scammed, because we followed the rules, but we found a scammer, now it’s time to ban him.

Last edited by Alexrit; 01-03-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

If this helps here is what we are saying he’s been doing to everyone untill he gets a hit
Old 01-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

And how is that a scam? He sent a message where is the deal where he rips the guy off and nothing gets shipped ?
Old 01-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Alexrit
If this helps here is what we are saying he’s been doing to everyone untill he gets a hit
you said he is doing it to everyone? There are over 220,000 members on Rc tech my pm box holds 10,000 messages so if you can have just 10,000 that are getting these pms maybe then I’ll ban him or if you show me a screen shot of a PayPal transaction that took place and he got paid and nothing shipped , then I’ll ban him for sure. But sending messages is not enough to ban him. If Ibrands Admins wants to do it just because you say so send IBobi or anions with a Blue screen name a pm.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Alexrit

theres no rule we havent followed? every time I see your post its telling people to obey the rules or blaming us for someone else’s wrong doing. And in this case we know who it is for once. Aren’t you a moderator? Ban this guy please. A guy messaged all of us, directing us to a email for the sale that none of us followed. But one day someone will, regardless of the posted rules about dealing off the site so just please ban him. It’s obvious he’s scamming people and it’s your job to clean this sight up where u can. Thanks!
there is nothing against sending a private message , as of now is just a message no money exchange right? No deal has been done?
Old 01-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BSRBOY
Let's follow the logic here: they're raising a flag of someone with suspicious behavior. Instead of offering to look into it, or making a value-added comment, you proceed to chastise them and then defend the individual that looks suspicious by saying "he didn't do anything wrong YET".

Now, if (when) someone ends up taking the bait from this guy, and gets suckered into a bad deal and posts that they have a problem, are you also going to chastise them for not seeing this thread first?

The moderator qualification guidelines here must be super strict...
so if i get a complaint about you with no proof i should ban you anyways?
Old 01-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Let's follow the logic here: they're raising a flag of someone with suspicious behavior. Instead of offering to look into it, or making a value-added comment, you proceed to chastise them and then defend the individual that looks suspicious by saying "he didn't do anything wrong YET".

Now, if (when) someone ends up taking the bait from this guy, and gets suckered into a bad deal and posts that they have a problem, are you also going to chastise them for not seeing this thread first?

The moderator qualification guidelines here must be super strict...
all i ask is for the screen shot and the proof that he scammed someone i haven't seen any of it
Old 01-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Nope. That wasn't my point at all.
well unless i get proof that he is trying to scam someone then i will but sending a pm stating to email someone about a rariod is not good enough i didnt see anything wrong with that pm, if there alot of members getting messages then take a screen shot and post it on here. if he hasnt sent a pm to you BRSBOY then you shoiuld be commenting on here
Old 01-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

I'll make sure to let you know if he does. You seem like a real pro-active kind of guy that takes feedback well.
Thanks for trying to help. I’m not sure what the deal is but I’ve been here Before with him when I got scammed and all he did was blame me when I brought attention to who scammed me, granted, I did deal over text and learned my lesson, but still not very helpful compared to the others in getting the actual problem solved. if those identical messages alone aren’t enough PROOF of a scam and a reason to ban, on top of the new membership and no post under Alphamiller( 100% typical scammer on here), then I’m Baffled. but regardless of his thoughts on the matter, the non stop turning it around and blaming the honest members that make up this forum is bogus, I’ve never gotten anything but bad vibes from him.

Last edited by Alexrit; 01-04-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if only people would read the rules posted at the top of the page

Want to buy ads **Please Read**
I understand that you cannot ban a member without proof that they have already scammed someone and that users are responsible for their own deals, but this reply implies you know this kind of behavior is that of a scammer. So let's get this straight:
  1. guy is throwing up red flags by trying to get users to accept deals that do not follow the rules of the forum
  2. members call him out, you can't do anything because there hasn't been a scam, so you scold them and refer them to said rules
  3. guy eventually scams people, threads open up, such as this one: LINK
  4. Now there is proof of scammer scamming multiple people, with proof from PMs, thread links, texts, could even show paypal disputes.
  5. You blame the members who got scammed, tell them to refer to the rules again, and to this day scammer account is still alive and well despite the incidents that already occurred.
Interesting logic.
BSRBOY and ExRCRacer like this.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by I_NeedBigDrink
I understand that you cannot ban a member without proof that they have already scammed someone and that users are responsible for their own deals, but this reply implies you know this kind of behavior is that of a scammer. So let's get this straight:
  1. guy is throwing up red flags by trying to get users to accept deals that do not follow the rules of the forum
  2. members call him out, you can't do anything because there hasn't been a scam, so you scold them and refer them to said rules
  3. guy eventually scams people, threads open up, such as this one: LINK
  4. Now there is proof of scammer scamming multiple people, with proof from PMs, thread links, texts, could even show paypal disputes.
  5. You blame the members who got scammed, tell them to refer to the rules again, and to this day scammer account is still alive and well despite the incidents that already occurred.
Interesting logic.
I have seen one pm with an email of someone selling a radio that’s it . Where is the scam at?
Old 01-05-2019, 12:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have seen one pm with an email of someone selling a radio that’s it . Where is the scam at?
I am not referring to this case in particular, because its only at step 1 - shady PMs but nobody has taken the bait. I was referring to the Rob Gordon (thumper_pa) thread. In there, multiple people including me claimed to be scammed in very similar ways by the same user in a short period of time. PMs and texts were shown and paypal disputes all in favor of the buyers. Your response: "its all in PMs and texts, it's out of my hands" and my favorite "could've been avoided if people had the balls to give feedback", while I came across the thread as I was still dealing with the guy and wasn't ready to open a dispute yet, seeing the thread just confirmed my suspicions and prompted me to act. But thanks, tell people they need to grow some balls while protecting the poor poor scammer who still goes unpunished.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by I_NeedBigDrink
I am not referring to this case in particular, because its only at step 1 - shady PMs but nobody has taken the bait. I was referring to the Rob Gordon (thumper_pa) thread. In there, multiple people including me claimed to be scammed in very similar ways by the same user in a short period of time. PMs and texts were shown and paypal disputes all in favor of the buyers. Your response: "its all in PMs and texts, it's out of my hands" and my favorite "could've been avoided if people had the balls to give feedback", while I came across the thread as I was still dealing with the guy and wasn't ready to open a dispute yet, seeing the thread just confirmed my suspicions and prompted me to act. But thanks, tell people they need to grow some balls while protecting the poor poor scammer who still goes unpunished.
I have seen one pm and that’s it all it states “email this guy he has one for sale” until I see something besides this only screenshot of a pm then there is nothing in the rules about sending someone a pm . Where are all of these people getting these pm’s ? It’s not that hard to doa screenshot my 5 years old can do it .

Last edited by Marcos.J; 01-05-2019 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Im not surprised that you continue to be an obstinate keyboard commando (I assume thats what semper fi means in Latin?). I am surprised and horrified that you have children.

Bring the ban hammer. Prove youre what everyone here believes you to be.

WORTH IT.
yes that’s it I’m a keyboard commando you want him banned over one screenshot of a pm then send a pm to Matt.M the site admin if he says to ban him then he is banned . With my line of work you are partially correct in the commando part love having groupies and your post sounded that you were insulting moderating staff? That’s against site rules you are here banned for 30 days enjoy. And you should hav left the word “jerk” on your post sounded better you didn’t have to edit it to remove it
freaksofnature likes this.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 01-05-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Like I stated time and time again please send me the screenshots of all of these pms from this guy I emptied my pm box so I can fit 10,000 messages .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.