Like Tree23Likes

Sellers that can't be bothered.....

Old 10-04-2018, 04:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Thumbs down Sellers that can't be bothered.....

This is just a rant, nothing more. It's been ranted on a million times, and I fully understand it's the way it is with people.

I respond to a for sale ad here on the Tech. I tell the buyer that I will buy the 1/10 Yeti. I don't haggle and pay full price right away. I get the Yeti, I'm happy. I leave a positive feedback.

Weeks go by, nothing. I send a polite email telling the seller that I left him good feedback and would appreciate the same. He does absolutely nothing.

The way I feel, I wish I could delete the feedback that I left for him. It's a common courtesy, it wasn't his first transaction. Obviously, he has the money and doesn't care to take the time. Or maybe, he's just self centered and doesn't care. It was a pleasant transaction up until the end. I know I need to let it go, I just hate that people don't take the time to do what is right. You use RC Tech as a platform to sell, it's completely free, so at least take the time to help build the community by using the very important feedback system.

I am Time Machine and I approve of this rant.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Absolutely agree.

There is is a possible reason. If it someone getting out of the hobby. Perhaps this was only vehicle to sell. It’s gone, no more interest in the hobby. No reason to check back in.

Still not right.
1/8 IC Fan and TIME MACHINE like this.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

It happens a lot. As stated, its lazy seller / buyers. To be fair I will not leave feedback unless they do. Or if as an honest seller they leave imediate feedback for me, i know that i will leave feedback for certain, and more than likely the product i am recieving is in good order!
Old 10-04-2018, 05:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

This seller has a rating of 20, and is on here every day. Oh well, thanks guys for listening. I somehow feel better
Old 10-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
This seller has a rating of 20, and is on here every day. Oh well, thanks guys for listening. I somehow feel better

well i I tried to give him a reason.
TIME MACHINE likes this.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I had a guy make a deal w/ me for $13 less than his asking price and apparently I misunderstood that he wanted it as a gift. His counteroffer to my $75 as a gift was: "Do $82 so I end up with $75." To me that seems to be him insinuating the the difference would be due to paypal fees. Turns out he says it's for shipping, yet his listed price was shipped so that made zero sense. Wasn't going to argue w/ the guy as he's clearly not too bright. Seemed scummy to say the least. To appease him, I tell him I'd resend as a gift and then he failed to respond to my pms for days and sells it to someone else a few days later, presumably at a higher price. Pretty douchey thing to do. Hope that extra $13 buys him some integrity.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
I had a guy make a deal w/ me for $13 less than his asking price and apparently I misunderstood that he wanted it as a gift. His counteroffer to my $75 as a gift was: "Do $82 so I end up with $75." To me that seems to be him insinuating the the difference would be due to paypal fees. Turns out he says it's for shipping, yet his listed price was shipped so that made zero sense. Wasn't going to argue w/ the guy as he's clearly not too bright. Seemed scummy to say the least. To appease him, I tell him I'd resend as a gift Never send as gift you screwed yourself and then he failed to respond to my pms for days and sells it to someone else a few days later, presumably at a higher price. Pretty douchey thing to do. Hope that extra $13 buys him some integrity.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

I thinks its time we have a thread calling out the Paypal as Gift offenders??? Thoughts...
Old 12-23-2018, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

lol did you even read before you replied??
Old 12-23-2018, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I read it three times. Each time I did it still says you offered to resend the money as a gift. The rules say that buyers are not to send money as a gift...

I rarely enforce this part of the rules. In 2018, if you're stupid enough to send gift payments and get ripped off..I don't feel sorry for you.
Marcos.J and OverGeared like this.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Nobody got ripped off, hence you clearly didn't read the post.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

i was referring to the Seller!!! As they are the ones in the majority asking for such!!!

And as to what Racer1812 was getting after, even though you did not send as gift, you offered as such, which regardless seems like you were willing to do... and that would put you in the same boat as the seller, one could assume?

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 12-23-2018 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Wrong person listed.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'll admit it I paid as a gift once but we also did a face to face deal and the seller showed me that it worked other than that it's always as goods
Old 12-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
i was referring to the Seller!!! As they are the ones in the majority asking for such!!!

And as to what Chopper was getring after, even though you did not send as gift, you offered as such, which regardless seems like you were willing to do... and that would put you in the same boat as the seller, one could assume?
I was willing to as he had more feedback than me all 100% positive and has been on this board as long as me. I felt I could trust him and I was trying to get him a few more bucks. No good deed goes unpunished as they say. If someone with that sort of reputation wanted to screw me out of $75 then sobeit was my thought process. It didn't work out and I still cannot race until I find a radio

Dave
Old 12-24-2018, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
This is just a rant, nothing more. It's been ranted on a million times, and I fully understand it's the way it is with people.

I respond to a for sale ad here on the Tech. I tell the buyer that I will buy the 1/10 Yeti. I don't haggle and pay full price right away. I get the Yeti, I'm happy. I leave a positive feedback.

Weeks go by, nothing. I send a polite email telling the seller that I left him good feedback and would appreciate the same. He does absolutely nothing.

The way I feel, I wish I could delete the feedback that I left for him. It's a common courtesy, it wasn't his first transaction. Obviously, he has the money and doesn't care to take the time. Or maybe, he's just self centered and doesn't care. It was a pleasant transaction up until the end. I know I need to let it go, I just hate that people don't take the time to do what is right. You use RC Tech as a platform to sell, it's completely free, so at least take the time to help build the community by using the very important feedback system.

I am Time Machine and I approve of this rant.

I feel for you bud! There's them... and there's us.

I recently bought a FS item worth $28 in the FST thread here (18 Dec 2018).
Paid the item thru PP, seller received the payment and then gave me a + feedback for quick payment on the same day.
Seller then replied that he will give the tracking number once the item get shipped.
No replies after that...
3 days after (21 Dec 2018) I sent a PM asking for the tracking number, seller then replied "..my wife got it shipped yesterday. We are currently on different shifts, so I will get with her and get the tracking for you.". which then I thankfully replied.
Till today (24 Dec) I am still awaiting his reply for the said tracking number... or most likely just hope that the item will just make it to my doorstep one day.

Oh well... the seller just might be too busy for the holiday season.

Yep... 'tis the season to be jolly. 'Tis the season for gift giving.

However... MERRY CHRISTMAS to y'all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service