Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marcos.J

Warning!

Old 09-29-2018, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Warning!

Hey guys! I had posted a wtb ad for os engines and got a guy with two for a good deal, so after getting pictures of the first one, I went ahead and paid him expecting the second to be accurate to what he says. Donít flame me because I already know, I shouldnít have given my number to txt with a wtb ad. But Iím posting this to hopefully help someone else. ‬ his PayPal is [email protected], name is Eugene Greer on PayPal.( I found a Eugene Greer on Facebook thatís into rc and found his name in a onroad discussion here so if anyone knows Eugene Greer PLEASE ask him if he actually sold two engines and is just acting weird for no reason!!) well when he texted me to be a little safer I decided to ask his rctech name and look into him a little bit. He gave me the name Duncan25 which is a active and good member on this forum, after finding one of duncan25ís adds I noticed the phone numbers were different and my heart sank immediately, I asked the guy why he gave me a false name, and he insists itís his son and his account. Iíve spoken with Duncan25 and he surely has nothing to do with this. He has insisted he will ship since Thursday when I bought them, donít get me wrong, itís been no time at all! But Iím More so calling him out at the moment for using other peopleís usernames. I payed goods and services So Iím all covered! Itís sad that we have to deal with stuff like this on here, people hate working for a living huh! He has dodged every time I asked him about the name and he has now disappeared the last 24 hours. If anyone knows a Eugene Greer that races onroad in the Midwest, please ask him if he has sold two engines recently! What do yíall think? Start the claim? The false name is enough to assume Iím getting scammed?

Last edited by Alexrit; 10-01-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just do the right thing and file a Paypal claim. The phone number in ads is a huge issue, that some seem to not follow in their eagerness to make or earn a sale. Your lesson is learned, but to be sure, you should file a claim with paypal. Then go through the PM Process and exchange numbers that way. Doing so, your number does not become open for everyone to see and possibly take advantage of you.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Just do the right thing and file a Paypal claim. The phone number in ads is a huge issue, that some seem to not follow in their eagerness to make or earn a sale. Your lesson is learned, but to be sure, you should file a claim with paypal. Then go through the PM Process and exchange numbers that way. Doing so, your number does not become open for everyone to see and possibly take advantage of you.
yeah definately a lesson learned, Thanks for the advice!
Old 09-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You can also use one of those apps that give you a temporary number also known as a burner number and you can deal with people that way instead of giving your actual number.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
You can also use one of those apps that give you a temporary number also known as a burner number and you can deal with people that way instead of giving your actual number.
the same scammers use the same methods, never deal or give out your cell number unless you know the member
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I got scammed from the same person

Hello, I saw your post about Eugene Greer and it is very similar to my situation. I purchased 2 tortoises from him and after I sent a payment, he was very slow on communication and ended up ignoring me after I asked for shipping information and more detail since they are live animals. After sending multiple texts and getting no response, I realized I got scammed. I believe that he scammed us about the same time. Have you reported this person yet?? I did the transaction on paypal and reported it from there.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
the same scammers use the same methods, never deal or give out your cell number unless you know the member
obviously that's why I brought it up I wouldn't give my real number but I would give a burner number. I still do most deal by pm tho.