Like Tree6Likes

Getting in front of this, your opinion

Old 05-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Getting in front of this, your opinion

I ended up selling a used b64d for $220 shipped(after fees and shipping that's under $200 net) from my asking $250. It's advertised here - https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...rple-love.html
Now the buyer is complaining that the chassis is tweaked after taking it apart. I didn't know it was tweaked and it drove fine for me. I'm also new to rc's and didn't even know that was a thing until recently. Isn't that something that you would ask before buying a used roller if it was a concern and where going to tear it apart when you got it? I just feel like he's trying to get even more money off of it. Seeing the pictures you can see the chassis was well worn and I answered all questions he had about the car before buying. I feel already nickel and dimed down to that price for the roller. And now he's saying it will need to be replaced. I'm sorry I'm not replacing anything and after reading around it seems typical that heavily worn outdoor b64d chassis as shown are prone to having some tweaking. If it was me I would put electronics in it and send it, I mean it's off road, if you're trying to win championships buy new?!?! What's your thoughts?

Last edited by Justin805; 05-11-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Update

The buyer has opened a claim with PayPal to be refunded $55 for the purchase of a band new part. These can be found for $33 new and at most wouldn't be replaced as a brand new part considering the condition it was shown in the pictures as used. Seems to me he's trying to get 25% off a working car when the parts is only 12% of the cost of the car. $165 for the car in the pictures seems ridiculous to me.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WOW... that sucks man, people these days want everything for nothing, Ive not done much with RC surface vehicles but i do buy,sell,trade lots of planes ,helicopters,quads and seems people always lie about there products seems im the one always ending up wit stuff broke or bent. but i would never do a paypal claim i just tell the last owner what i found and sometimes they offer to pay for a new part or that don't.. I just got a $600 heli a couple months ago when i got it found out it needed about $20 worth of parts i ordered fixed it and went on about my business. I did give him a fair review about it but did put a note i wish he had told me about the bent stuff.
i try to be as honest as i can when selling i dont want the person buying to be out more money we all want a deal on stuff but something like that. if the car was driving fine for you then it should be good. if he wanted new he should been willing to just buy a new one.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default My offer

I offered the buy this: Comparing the used toy rc car I have sold you to a replacement part for $55 seems out of line. I found this part on eBay for $28 new your asking price seems very high and not inline with the cost of a used part or even a new one. Considering the toy rc car I sent you is used I can offer you $15 to move on and settle the dispute towards a new unused part. I admit no fault with what you have recieved as it was recieved as pictured, I simply would like to move on and feel what I'm offering is more than fair. I have included a link there are 5 available at that price. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F13 2566486405
Old 05-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Video of complaint

What's your opinion here is the video that was sent to me. https://youtu.be/0TYArzhLxLk . The buggy was only ever used on my local offroad rc track. I would think if it was important enough that the first thing you did when you got it was to disassemble it to check for tweak that it would of been your first question before buying it. Instead of asking if a b64d comes with a slipper...

Last edited by Justin805; 05-11-2018 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

something like that i would offer to pay half of the replacement cost for a chassis from a parted kit(not a new factory sealed part), but IMO that is being generous you can see the chassis has some tweak just by where its wearing in your pics. like said above sounds like he wants something for nothing.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

To me this is pretty open and shut. From what I can tell, you didn't claim to be selling a new buggy. You included the pictures which show heavy use. The buyer, while he may be upset that the chassis is tweaked, has no right to ask for more money off because of this. It is a used item. Had you claimed it was new, had you claimed in PM's that the chassis was not tweaked, then maybe a different story.

In the end I would tell him to return it and once received (in the same condition as sent or better), that you will refund his money and move on. Tell him you will be subtracting out any paypal fees that you have from the final $$ returned.

To me sounds like a game. I wouldn't play it. He should own the cost of shipping it back, and the paypal fees you incur. Again, it better be in the same condition or better as it was when you got it.

I don't know how the paypal "claim" system works, but I don't see how you can file a claim on something that is used. FWIW, maybe he tweaked it upon disassembly in order to force the issue because he didn't like the look of a scraped up chassis.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 192 (100%+)

my opinion is you want something like new condition buy it new, buy used then dont expect a new condition car
Old 05-11-2018, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can see from your ad how strached up the bottom of the chassis is, its not like it looks new or anything.. I guess I kinda agree with the others, offer for him to return it on his money to pay for shipping and tell him you will refund him once you get it minus paypal fees. Tell us who this person is so we wont sell to him. Sounds like a jerk.
There are all over the web. Im dealing witha guy right now said he wanted to buy my item but said he would pay tomorrow now tomorrow is here saying he will pay by sunday.. if you aint got time to send a paypal ( 2 mins max) don't tell someone you want to buy something..
Old 05-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
You can see from your ad how strached up the bottom of the chassis is, its not like it looks new or anything.. I guess I kinda agree with the others, offer for him to return it on his money to pay for shipping and tell him you will refund him once you get it minus paypal fees. Tell us who this person is so we wont sell to him. Sounds like a jerk.
There are all over the web. Im dealing witha guy right now said he wanted to buy my item but said he would pay tomorrow now tomorrow is here saying he will pay by sunday.. if you aint got time to send a paypal ( 2 mins max) don't tell someone you want to buy something..
I can only guess is he wanted you to hold it until he had funds to buy it. Do you offer a layaway plan?
Old 05-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

I've escalated the case as the communicating with him directly has been uncomfortable. Comments like "i am not sweating for u at all." He wants a straight chassis. When asked if he could post a picture or video to paypal on his behalf I got this "i am not doing anything for u. whatever u wan to do please do it urself please do not ask me to do anything. if u want the video posted here please do." made me escalate it. This is really only a small snippet of the conversation. I will report back with all information I can provide after the case has been closed. I feel this forum is a community and everything should be transparent when it comes to trading, selling, buying, and communicating on this platform. I'm here for your feedback as a member. I'm not perfect put I try to be fair if I'm not please let me know and hopefully we can come to a compromise.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Now that he's taken it completely apart, it's his in my book!!!
Scott R likes this.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

That's how I feel. He completely dismantled it. At no point did he reach out before with questions relating to the chassis. He also didn't ask to send it back, just that I owed him a new chassis.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Once this is handled one way or another it would be nice to know who this buyer is. Sure many of us would prefer to not deal with such individuals.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Like I said, offer to take it back with him eating the cost so long as its sent back in same or better shape. Or just follow through with the paypal stuff and whatever the end result is, it is. I would not buy or partially buy him a new chassis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service