Like Tree16Likes

Shiping and missing manual

Old 03-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Unhappy Shiping and missing manual

I recently bought a fairly new xray xb4. The car is a very nice car as described. My concern is when I saw the very used flimsy original xray box sitting on the porch with a 6 inch rip with a used partial strip of tape holding the tear closed. I just paid 400.00 for this car and was immediately concerned about the condition of the car. However the car ended up being an extremely nice car and the bag of parts managed to stay in the box was a small miracle. I did ask if the all the extra original parts and manuals be included. All there except the manual which I really wanted and seller claimed were included. I have droped him a line about the manual and like some other of my pm's has been ignored. I have a seller rating of 989 positives on ebay of which 1/3 have been for sales. I am no spring chicken to online sales but I am on this sight. I would be hard pressed giving out positives on this seller like many others have. I think a neutral would be accurate and would warn others of their carelessness on shipping and communications. I would never and have never conducted sales and shipping in such a manor. I rest my case wha do you think I should do?

Thanks Ray
Old 03-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 190 (100%+)

PM The seller, maybe a few times and give a couple of days to respond, if you have their email address, go that route as well, then you could always go for partial refund to buy a manual, but honestly start at the seller first as people don't live here, and patience is key, but this is my opinion
Old 03-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mail man tore up box not seller

Download the manual it’s so easy I have every manual saved on my phone and printed many.

If it’s principle then give him whatever rating you see fit.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If it was shipped Fed EX then destroying the package is part of their customer service.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post
I recently bought a fairly new xray xb4. The car is a very nice car as described. My concern is when I saw the very used flimsy original xray box sitting on the porch with a 6 inch rip with a used partial strip of tape holding the tear closed. I just paid 400.00 for this car and was immediately concerned about the condition of the car. However the car ended up being an extremely nice car and the bag of parts managed to stay in the box was a small miracle. I did ask if the all the extra original parts and manuals be included. All there except the manual which I really wanted and seller claimed were included. I have droped him a line about the manual and like some other of my pm's has been ignored. I have a seller rating of 989 positives on ebay of which 1/3 have been for sales. I am no spring chicken to online sales but I am on this sight. I would be hard pressed giving out positives on this seller like many others have. I think a neutral would be accurate and would warn others of their carelessness on shipping and communications. I would never and have never conducted sales and shipping in such a manor. I rest my case wha do you think I should do?

Thanks Ray
here you go i think you should download it and print it

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/xray/s...XB4_Manual.pdf
Old 03-15-2018, 05:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I've always felt that shipping a vehicle in the original box is tacky and in poor taste. I'm sure it works, but an outer box is the appropriate way.
Cain, Marcos.J, racer1812 and 3 others like this.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
I've always felt that shipping a vehicle in the original box is tacky and in poor taste. I'm sure it works, but an outer box is the appropriate way.
i never ship in the original box because i usually use those boxes for my cat's cat litter
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i never ship in the original box because i usually use those boxes for my cat's cat litter
I sure hope you aren't cleaning them and re-using them. Aren't they a bit too absorbant for a litter box?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
I sure hope you aren't cleaning them and re-using them. Aren't they a bit too absorbant for a litter box?
i used the manuals on the bottom
slodsm and TIME MACHINE like this.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by Rattfink; 03-21-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)

Not the proper way to pkg./ship a $400 car in my opinion.
J.Whiting and Rattfink like this.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
Not the proper way to pkg./ship a $400 car in my opinion.
easy way to avoid this is buy car kits from Amain hobbies items come very well packaged
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Maybe you should blur out the address and full names of people on that box?
Rattfink likes this.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Manuls

I have downloaded manual. It is a far cry form that nice color book included in the kit.

At the time A main was out of stock on this.

My issue issue is feedback and the security of purchases from this sight. I purchased from A Main when it was located in the trunk of Kendall Bennett's car. Use to race here in the North State with him.

I hope those who lack communication and overall common courtesy during purchases on this sight reads this and grows up a little.

This sight is a valuable asset for those who are in the hobby but without accountability some will and have fallen to a standard that tarnishes it's credibility.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:46 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
easy way to avoid this is buy car kits from Amain hobbies items come very well packaged
funny thing, I had one came in, an xray no less, the box was put inside another box that was pretty thin. Like this was the one box made go around the box. Nothing else, no packing peanuts, foam, etc. Heck if if what the OP had happen went on with my shipment it would probably look the same. But I know Amain at least would have been stand up about it.

As for the manual, they look to be about $10 and to be fair to the OP, if we agreed on a specific item it should be included regardless of perceived value and i should respond when you bring up issues. When you don't do that, you start going down the slipper slope of "Hey you got a great deal even though its missing A, B, C that I said was included"

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service