R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Got ripped off by cube625 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/1013002-got-ripped-off-cube625.html)

Troubles Dad 03-14-2018 04:44 AM

I have bought from him a couple of times, some charge leads, and a losi 22 3.0 buggy, while shipping took a few days longer than I would of liked they showed up, but last fall he had a losi 22sct 3.0 up for sale, so a bunch of PM's and agreed upon a price, thinking he had it listed for 200 and negotiated to 165 as he needed the top shaft and spur assembly, he asked for F & F payment since we had dealt with each other in the past, and I said NO, told him I would just include the extra, all was great as paid on Friday and on Monday he went to ship and that night got a refund, his claim was too expensive to ship was like 30 bucks, I told him I would of split it with him, but still got the refund a WEEK later as it had pending till Sunday.

What sucks is the way the trader rating works as have lots of deals with the same person and yet only get feedback for one deal, so it's like one and done, as when people have less than a 100%, I go and read what the issue was.

the rc guy 03-14-2018 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad (Post 15182508)
I have bought from him a couple of times, some charge leads, and a losi 22 3.0 buggy, while shipping took a few days longer than I would of liked they showed up, but last fall he had a losi 22sct 3.0 up for sale, so a bunch of PM's and agreed upon a price, thinking he had it listed for 200 and negotiated to 165 as he needed the top shaft and spur assembly, he asked for F & F payment since we had dealt with each other in the past, and I said NO, told him I would just include the extra, all was great as paid on Friday and on Monday he went to ship and that night got a refund, his claim was too expensive to ship was like 30 bucks, I told him I would of split it with him, but still got the refund a WEEK later as it had pending till Sunday.

What sucks is the way the trader rating works as have lots of deals with the same person and yet only get feedback for one deal, so it's like one and done, as when people have less than a 100%, I go and read what the issue was.

we are not talking about past we are talking about NOW.. and people that want FF should be gone..along with buyers.

Troubles Dad 03-14-2018 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by the rc guy (Post 15182540)
we are not talking about past we are talking about NOW.. and people that want FF should be gone..along with buyers.

Hate to point out the obvious, but your post is in the PAST, as well will be mine when I post it, people don't read the RULES and in my opinion they get what they have coming for not reading, but it still is a problem and always will be, so unless we have a way to post in the future, ALL we can post is about previous experiences :rolleyes:

So we are on page 3 of how many with the same results

Losi22 03-14-2018 08:00 AM

I think you should just ban the buyer. Then maybe they will learn. They just keep proving you can’t fix stupid!!!

TIME MACHINE 03-14-2018 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Losi22 (Post 15182642)
I think you should just ban the buyer. Then maybe they will learn. They just keep proving you can’t fix stupid!!!

The buyer has already received his punishment. Banning for stupidity will result in an empty forum with only cricket noises. Heckling, taunting or otherwise bullying buyers who make this mistake will also make them less likely to report the issue, which results in all of us not knowing who the scammers are.

JatoTheRipper 03-14-2018 08:08 AM

If you pay with friends and family you are simply donating money to another individual and I don't feel bad for you for getting ripped off.

JPAPA26 03-14-2018 09:03 AM

IMO once a seller screws someone regardless of how you pay it should get looked into by a moderator and if they did screw someone they should be banned not the buyer even though I should of not paid FF.

Losi22 03-14-2018 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE (Post 15182649)
The buyer has already received his punishment. Banning for stupidity will result in an empty forum with only cricket noises. Heckling, taunting or otherwise bullying buyers who make this mistake will also make them less likely to report the issue, which results in all of us not knowing who the scammers are.

If you get rid of stupidity there will be know one left to scam.....Problem fixed

TIME MACHINE 03-14-2018 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Losi22 (Post 15182717)
If you get rid of stupidity there will be know one left to scam.....Problem fixed

If only it was that easy :)

Marcos.J 03-14-2018 11:52 AM

The only one I would ever send payment via friends and family would be the one and only Al Bundy!! The man scored 4 touchdowns in one single game at Polk High!

KA2AEV 03-14-2018 06:04 PM

My Hero!!!

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcte...7ed8577c8a.jpg

Marcos.J 03-14-2018 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by KA2AEV (Post 15183130)

absofrickinglutely

EricW 03-16-2018 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 15183174)
absofrickinglutely

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

Marcos.J 03-16-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by EricW (Post 15184759)
Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

same night that he hooked up with Peg:sweat:

KA2AEV 03-16-2018 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 15184792)
same night that he hooked up with Peg:sweat:

and his life was never the same:lol: