Like Tree37Likes

Buyer/Seller beware of moyanator609

Old 02-11-2018, 03:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down Buyer/Seller beware of moyanator609

made a purchase with moyanator609, bought a BNIB tekno sct410, tekno eb410, and a b44.3. after i sent funds through paypal i was told the items where going to be shipped on monday (bought the items on saturday 2/3/18). monday came and past, i made a attempt to get into touch with him to no avail, thursday came and i made another attempt to get into touch with him and i got a response of "i shipped your items to your address." i told him great i just need tracking info or proof that he did in fact ship, no response after that. saturday comes and i try to get the tracking info, at this point im telling him i either need proof that he did ship or im contacting paypal and my bank. i get a message that he disconnected.

i bought this items for $520
Old 02-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I pray you paid via PayPal as "goods and services". Open a PayPal dispute immediately.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Oh boy....the plot thickens....

https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...44-3-used.html
Old 02-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I wouldn't have a very good feeling about it if I were in your shoes. But as long as you paid as goods or services, you have nothing to worry about. It's only been a week and shipping an item(s) that size and weight probably cost quite a bit. Seller is definitely going to ship the cheapest way possible, which also translates to slowest way if the agreed price you paid included shipping costs.

Hopefully it's just a case of poor communication and your package(s) is in transit. I would give it another week before filing a claim. You have plenty of time to do so still and it won't make you look impatient, like filing a week after sending money, even though it's easier said than done when $500+ of your hard earned money is currently unaccounted for.

Good luck and let us know how it works out!
Old 02-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

i unfortunately, new to this forum and paypal i sent it friends and family. but got into contact with my bank and they said they will take care of it and contact paypal themselves. buy harry697 if you haven't already take a look at his original post and take a look into how many people are asking the same question i am.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Corey77 View Post
i unfortunately, new to this forum and paypal i sent it friends and family. but got into contact with my bank and they said they will take care of it and contact paypal themselves. buy harry697 if you haven't already take a look at his original post and take a look into how many people are asking the same question i am.
The friends and family thing is pretty much a sure fire scam. I saw where someone posted on his thread that he asked for F&F payment, but didn't realize anyone went for it.

As for his thread, it's definitely shady. If you had multiple kits for sale, wouldn't you mention that in the listing? Not doing so would 100% for sure cause major problems with buyers, obviously. I've seen it happen before. Every once in a while, the seller actually does have multiple items, but the vast majority of the time, it's BS.

Hope it all works out for you. Definitely keep in touch with your bank. They're pretty much your only hope if the seller doesn't come through with your items. Calling paypal and explaining the situation is a good idea also. Not sure they'll do anything, but you have to at least try.

Good luck!
Old 02-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Arrow Never send as "friends or family"!!

He's deleted pretty much all of his post. Looks like he sold it 10X over. I just hope nobody else paid by "friends & family". He shouldn't be asking for payment that way anyhow!! I'd file a PayPal claim & sure hope that anyone that sent him ANY money does the same!!
I also believe the BAN hammer is going to come down hard & smack him on the head!!

Old 02-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 192 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks View Post
He's deleted pretty much all of his post. Looks like he sold it 10X over. I just hope nobody else paid by "friends & family". He shouldn't be asking for payment that way anyhow!! I'd file a PayPal claim & sure hope that anyone that sent him ANY money does the same!!
I also believe the BAN hammer is going to come down hard & smack him on the head!!
i posted what he deleted
Old 02-11-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

ya i am going to stay in touch with my bank, but none the less very disappointing and frustrating! i just want to get a hold of the others that sent him any form of paypal to let them know hes been accepting funds for the same items from other buyers. figure if paypal is getting more than one call about a scammer then they'll be more likely take this more seriously.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

ya i am going to stay in touch with my bank, but none the less very disappointing and frustrating! i just want to get a hold of the others that sent him any form of paypal to let them know hes been accepting funds for the same items from other buyers. figure if paypal is getting more than one call about a scammer then they'll be more likely take this more seriously.
his IP address is from the Chicago area
Old 02-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

i searched his phone number on facebook and this name popped up Cordell Gould, not sure if is him but the area code of the number is in Yersey
Old 02-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 02-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i searched his phone number on facebook and this name popped up Cordell Gould, not sure if is him but the area code of the number is in Yersey
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
his IP address is from the Chicago area
I would say he's in NJ. I have the same area code and looking at some of his post history, he's posted on a couple of my local track threads, asking about tire choice and stuff like that.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

last time i tried to contact him i got a message from " someone else " saying they have no idea who i am and why i contacting them. saying they are getting multiple messages from people asking where is there package. might have ditched the phone number with all the messages he was getting.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Looks like his youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/user/moyanator609

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service