Like Tree37Likes

Buyer/Seller beware of moyanator609

Reply

Old 02-22-2018, 11:22 AM
  #46  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
rcfanatic573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
none of this would happen if people would simply read and follow the rules about gifting or sending payments as friends or family, but you know what you can never fix stupid.
Yeah I agree. But the guy is still a lowlife thief. The people that made the mistake made the mistake. There's no changing that now and it's unlikely they'll ever recover any of the funds but if it were me I'd still be contacting the authorities and making the guy as miserable as I could.
rcfanatic573 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:16 PM
  #47  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (194)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,399
Trader Rating: 194 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcfanatic573 View Post
Yeah I agree. But the guy is still a lowlife thief. The people that made the mistake made the mistake. There's no changing that now and it's unlikely they'll ever recover any of the funds but if it were me I'd still be contacting the authorities and making the guy as miserable as I could.
cant blame him when you got suckers that fall for it every time
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:22 PM
  #48  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (124)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,639
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

yeah, you can't blame the person stealing other people's money
Scott R likes this.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:32 PM
  #49  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (194)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,399
Trader Rating: 194 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
yeah, you can't blame the person stealing other people's money
Nope when they send payment as friends and family they are saying ď here Iím a idiot that donít follow the simple rules please take my moneyĒ
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:53 PM
  #50  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: St.louis mo
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I’ve been reading this and I grew up when a handshake was all you need and the deal was done. Fast forward to now. You have to question everything and make sure you understand
Why every I is dotted and T is crossed before exchanging anything.

Whether rules were followed or not. When I person puts an item up for sale with a given price and gets paid by check cash or bit but doesn’t supply given item.. that is called theft

Sorry it happened sorry people feel like it’s the buyers fault but I guess nobody F’s up and makes a mistake...live learn and move on
grabbem88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:32 AM
  #51  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (194)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,399
Trader Rating: 194 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grabbem88 View Post
Iíve been reading this and I grew up when a handshake was all you need and the deal was done. Fast forward to now. You have to question everything and make sure you understand
Why every I is dotted and T is crossed before exchanging anything.

Whether rules were followed or not. When I person puts an item up for sale with a given price and gets paid by check cash or bit but doesnít supply given item.. that is called theft

Sorry it happened sorry people feel like itís the buyers fault but I guess nobody Fís up and makes a mistake...live learn and move on
but sending payments as goods and services increases your chances by 100% to get a refund when items are not mailed.
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:16 AM
  #52  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: St.louis mo
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Not disputing that either but we have naive people in the forums and less than half read the rules ...of any kind here.

Not one of us (hopefully) wants to some new(er) members get ripped off or scammed.
Marcos.J likes this.
grabbem88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:57 AM
  #53  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (194)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,399
Trader Rating: 194 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grabbem88 View Post
Not disputing that either but we have naive people in the forums and less than half read the rules ...of any kind here.

Not one of us (hopefully) wants to some new(er) members get ripped off or scammed.
And thatís why they should read the simple rules at the top of the page
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:58 AM
  #54  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (194)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,399
Trader Rating: 194 (100%+)
Default

If I tell you don’t touch the fire is hot and you touch it and get burned well too bad
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:20 AM
  #55  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: St.louis mo
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Lol so true^

Responsibilities lie on the buyer and seller not you as a mod let alone the forum but sometimes it seems screwed over buyer/sellers look for an out for their mistakes

Just like eBay. You have to word everything so 360 just for the fact scammers or just plain a$$hats look for that opening to get your stuff for free.

I don’t need to say anymore but wanted the victim understand that “we feel ya and BTDT but you gotta stick to the rules and good luck!
grabbem88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:03 AM
  #56  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.

Norm from Cheers..........

"It's a dog eat dog world out there Sammy and I'm wearing milkbone underwear!"

VanBee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:18 AM
  #57  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (363)
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 9,174
Trader Rating: 363 (100%+)
Default

Look regardless of everybody's good intentions and wanting to have faith in the world and people , you and only YOU can help prevent bad things from happening to you by taking some preventive measures that in the end will help you not get duped . Mistake happened , learn from it and don't repeat it. Best of luck.
1/8 IC Fan and konasubs like this.
peter george is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:10 AM
  #58  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

what I don't understand is how this guy still has no negative feedback and still hasn't been banned. He is logging in and still using the site. Outside of people looking at this thread there is not much from stopping him doing this again.
sacmiata is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:54 AM
  #59  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (131)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,133
Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sacmiata View Post
what I don't understand is how this guy still has no negative feedback and still hasn't been banned. He is logging in and still using the site. Outside of people looking at this thread there is not much from stopping him doing this again.
^^^^ This x100. What is wrong with all of you that got scammed? Not only did he steal your money, you're letting anyone else that buys from him get scammed too as there is no warning. Leave neg feedback now. No sympathy for you guys...geebus thrice.
1/8 IC Fan, KA2AEV and Skeeter36 like this.
timannnn6 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service