R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Crash77 Stole $280 of MY MONEY"because i gifted the $$ didnt go by the for sale rules (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/1007627-crash77-stole-%24280-my-money-because-i-gifted-%24%24-didnt-go-sale-rules.html)

jfrancisco892 01-12-2018 10:08 AM

Crash77 Stole $280 of MY MONEY"because i gifted the $$ didnt go by the for sale rules

UPDATE 01/15/18: REFUND RECEIVED.

Troubles Dad 01-12-2018 10:32 AM

So how did you pay for this buggy, if it's services & goods, then start a PayPal claim and expedite it, as I see you already left feedback for him, as I would PM a moderator here with any PM's you have with this seller as they can help if you treat them with respect, and if it was paid with friends and family, it will be an expensive lesson, also see if your credit card company can help you out.

Darkgenerals 01-12-2018 10:36 AM

I can see the response already

Friends and Family

Marcos.J 01-12-2018 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by jfrancisco892 (Post 15128053)
I will detail this as much as possible so that if it is review it is readily apparent what has gone on with this seller in my experience.

I sent crash77 a paypal payment on November 14 for $280 for a brand new in box Xray XB2 2017 carpet edition. I asked for a tracking number and didn't get one until November 27. He then claimed his wife sent her the wrong tracking number and that it got shipped to California instead of Michigan where it was intended to go. It was returned to his shipping address in Idaho. He said he got it packed up (was it not already packed up) on November 30 and said his wife was going to ship it out that day. On December 1 he said that his wife shipped it but he was working "3 12s this week" so he wouldn't be able to ship until later that day. December 2 still no tracking number. On December 3 he said he would refund my money and he would get his buggy back. Said he talked to paypal and he would refund my money when he could confirm that the package was en route back to him. December 5 he said he would refund money asap. December 8 he said he sent me a refund. He did not send a refund (claimed it was pending. I called paypal and they had no record of a payment from him to me.) He refused to send me any documentation of a refund claiming that "Since my word as a federal agent is not enough I will see what I can do to get you proof." Never ended up getting any proof. Ended up sending me a picture of a refund to another buyer and claimed it was the refund to me! Still have not received a refund from this seller. I would strongly recommend not buying from this seller. He currently has $280 of my money and no intent of giving it back. Not sure what I am going to do. If you have any advice to my situation I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

Lmao federal agent? What is he a clerk at the airport? Lol

Marcos.J 01-12-2018 11:47 AM

I will detail this as much as possible so that if it is review it is readily apparent what has gone on with this seller in my experience.

I sent crash77 a paypal payment on November 14 for $280 for a brand new in box Xray XB2 2017 carpet edition. I asked for a tracking number and didn't get one until November 27. He then claimed his wife sent her the wrong tracking number and that it got shipped to California instead of Michigan where it was intended to go. It was returned to his shipping address in Idaho. He said he got it packed up (was it not already packed up) on November 30 and said his wife was going to ship it out that day. On December 1 he said that his wife shipped it but he was working "3 12s this week" so he wouldn't be able to ship until later that day. December 2 still no tracking number. On December 3 he said he would refund my money and he would get his buggy back. Said he talked to paypal and he would refund my money when he could confirm that the package was en route back to him. December 5 he said he would refund money asap. December 8 he said he sent me a refund. He did not send a refund (claimed it was pending. I called paypal and they had no record of a payment from him to me.) He refused to send me any documentation of a refund claiming that "Since my word as a federal agent is not enough I will see what I can do to get you proof." Never ended up getting any proof. Ended up sending me a picture of a refund to another buyer and claimed it was the refund to me! Still have not received a refund from this seller. I would strongly recommend not buying from this seller. He currently has $280 of my money and no intent of giving it back. Not sure what I am going to do. If you have any advice to my situation I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

His ip address is showing California

Marcos.J 01-12-2018 11:50 AM

My guess since you didn't file a dispute with PayPal is that you paid as gift/friends .

jfrancisco892 01-12-2018 12:14 PM

UPDATE 01/15/18: REFUND RECEIVED.

mustangkillaz 01-12-2018 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 15128138)
Lmao federal agent? What is he a clerk at the airport? Lol

TSA=garbage. These are disappointing to read.

aracefan 01-12-2018 01:21 PM

read the "For Sale and Trade Forum Rules, Guidlines and Restrictions..updated 11/11/14" in the For Sale/Trade Section.

Had you done that you more than likely wouldn't be in this situation, stinks, I know - but good luck in the future. Most on here are reputable and generally stand up 'Tech'ers - but as you found out, it just takes the one A-hole. . . :rolleyes:

That is an expensive lesson though, sorry 'bout that.

-Barry

Troubles Dad 01-12-2018 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jfrancisco892 (Post 15128165)
Friends and family. I'll never make that mistake again

Talk to your bank or credit card company, and see if their is anything they can do to help you, as your really out of options at this point

Matt Trimmings 01-12-2018 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by jfrancisco892 (Post 15128165)
Friends and family. I'll never make that mistake again

Technically did he really steal your money....sounds like you just gave it to him. NEVER under ANY circumstances pay friends and family!

1/8 IC Fan 01-12-2018 03:14 PM

....Man we go through this all the time... Heck its even stated in the rules... WTH... look, you (all that have) pay friends and family, then come on here and start new theads!!! Do you ever look through the Dispute Forum??? There are so many of these "Friends and Family" stories that one could be led to believe most would know by now....

Maybe on the RCtech banner we should have a flashing note saying - dont pay friends and family! But that would still not help...

SMH

Dualstroke 01-13-2018 06:02 AM

Nothing to do with paypal but paypal really needs to remove the friends and family option and just collect money on every transaction. I can't remember the last time I used f&f for a paypal transaction. 3% is cheap money for protection.

harry697 01-13-2018 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dualstroke (Post 15128631)
Nothing to do with paypal but paypal really needs to remove the friends and family option and just collect money on every transaction. I can't remember the last time I used f&f for a paypal transaction. 3% is cheap money for protection.

I have to disagree on that. Although it may make sending and receiving money slightly more idiot proof, when used for the correct purpose, the FF option comes in handy.

I can think of several instances where it has made my life easier. One of the most recent was when a group of us who run on a private track were all chipping in for several loads of dirt to be delivered. We all live in different towns/counties. So instead of waiting until we were all in the same place again and hoping everyone remembered to bring cash, everyone sent money via PayPal through FF to my account so I could handle the financial end upon delivery. No need for insurance since we are all FRIENDS and none of us were technically paying each other for GOODS. See what I did there?:lol:

Troubles Dad 01-13-2018 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dualstroke (Post 15128631)

I agree 1000% on this, it's cheap insurance if you screw up the email address, as I will include the 3% when getting smokin hot deals from members. :)