Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
a/efreak aka. Robert Phillips in Georgia=Scammer >

a/efreak aka. Robert Phillips in Georgia=Scammer

a/efreak aka. Robert Phillips in Georgia=Scammer

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Got a call from the Cops today dude is going down...he has a past record!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

lol nice, whats the chances of getting what we lost back now?
Old 02-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Good question I'll ask the police they're coming over to get the pictures I have of the stuff I sent...
Old 02-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

i filed my complaint to paypal..im waiting on them to see what they can do..good luck with you complaint eh, good to see the cops are helping
Old 02-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rally
i filed my complaint to paypal..im waiting on them to see what they can do..good luck with you complaint eh, good to see the cops are helping
Yah they're all over this like flies on stink...
Old 02-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

ygpm man
Old 02-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Suspended

his yahoo screen name id is: rephillips2001
Old 02-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

hey i just wanted to thank you guys for all the help offered, i realize thats his yahoo, also his msn is [email protected] , although he isnt on often
Old 02-05-2006, 01:04 PM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

Until our judicial system pulls it's head out of it's rear, and makes the consequences outweigh the crimes, people aren't gonna stop doing this kind of thing, or even worse! These people don't care if they spend a few days in jail for taking money from people. They probably figure that half the people they rip off won't even take the time to do anything about it(or won't know how), and the ones that do decide to do something about it, end up giving up half way through the process cuz they get tired of jumping through all the stinkin hoops. AND, whenever they do actually get caught, what happens?? MAYBE they have to refund the money(if they have it), and then they spend a few days in jail(a slap on the wrist basically) for getting caught. Sounds like a pretty good gamble to me. It's not surprising that more and more people are doing it!!
Until we(the U.S.A.) start actually punishing people for the crimes they commit, they'll just keep doing it. Why wouldn't they?
Throw this guy in the street and cane him for ten minutes if he gets caught stealing, or cut his hand off like they do in some countries, and he WILL think twice about doing it next time....
If we only got a speeding ticket for 1 dollar every time we got caught driving over 100 mph and that was it, we probably wouldn't stop going over 100 mph when we felt like it, would we???...Make the consequences outweigh the crime!!

Sorry for the novel, but I'm getting sooooo tired of these types of people getting away with doing whatever they want and ruining internet trading, and eventually this Country!!

Brad
Old 02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Until our judicial system pulls it's head out of it's rear, and makes the consequences outweigh the crimes, people aren't gonna stop doing this kind of thing, or even worse! These people don't care if they spend a few days in jail for taking money from people. They probably figure that half the people they rip off won't even take the time to do anything about it(or won't know how), and the ones that do decide to do something about it, end up giving up half way through the process cuz they get tired of jumping through all the stinkin hoops. AND, whenever they do actually get caught, what happens?? MAYBE they have to refund the money(if they have it), and then they spend a few days in jail(a slap on the wrist basically) for getting caught. Sounds like a pretty good gamble to me. It's not surprising that more and more people are doing it!!
Until we(the U.S.A.) start actually punishing people for the crimes they commit, they'll just keep doing it. Why wouldn't they?
Throw this guy in the street and cane him for ten minutes if he gets caught stealing, or cut his hand off like they do in some countries, and he WILL think twice about doing it next time....
If we only got a speeding ticket for 1 dollar every time we got caught driving over 100 mph and that was it, we probably wouldn't stop going over 100 mph when we felt like it, would we???...Make the consequenses outweigh the crime!!

Sorry for the novel, but I'm getting sooooo tired of these types of people getting away with doing whatever they want and ruining internet trading, and eventually this Country!!

Brad
I feel your pain bro trust me.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Have you tried calling his grandma and telling her what is going down?? My guess would be she wouldnt be very happy and get on his ass. Sometimes a family member can be a lil more persuasive than the police.. weird how it works, but it does. Id sady Definalty Give that a try.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
Have you tried calling his grandma and telling her what is going down?? My guess would be she wouldnt be very happy and get on his ass. Sometimes a family member can be a lil more persuasive than the police.. weird how it works, but it does. Id sady Definalty Give that a try.
I've tried with no help she said she's trying to get ahold of him for the past two days...
Old 02-05-2006, 02:44 PM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

Originally Posted by WisRacr1
I've tried with no help she said she's trying to get ahold of him for the past two days...
He probably stole something from her too......
Old 02-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have to agree with brad. Brad and I had a bad thing in the past and hey I learned my lesson and made things right with Brad. So I am sorry for the trouble you are going through and i hope for the best. It just plain old sucks that people can't be honest and just do what they say..
Old 02-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Well now his Grandmother is giving me the wrong info and fake names...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service