Search

Team Colours

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Team Colours

How do you all choose what colors to paint your cars? 1/10, 1/8, buggy, truggy or TC or drift? I was looking at some old RC albums on RC racing here. Got pink, yellow and metallic green. All solid colours. Can we duplicate some factory ride colors? I found a painter who's willing to paint up some of my RC bodies in his spare time, I'm just not sure what 'color' to choose or when I've painted the body, there's another racer with the same colour

Opinions?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

I like any florescent colors, they make my car easy to see. I always matched it with dark colors so the florescent color can really shine and stand out. Try matching it your self, see if you like it. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

My gfren challenge me to paint the car flourescent PINK! But I see theres already some "Pink Panthers"

Its the last thing to do now before practice. What color to paint?

Thanks for your opinion, I'l try some colour combos on the sketch pad. Bro, have you tried "color dyeing" your wheels to match up your body? Tyres are just white and yellow, GQ is orange. Do you know how to dye wheels?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Make your car looks 90% realistic instead of plastic like, or make it into drift pig like mine, diffrent color on panels, i bet no one will have the same like your body shell..haha..but pls dun make that if it's a new shell...well, $50 to $80 body shell ain't cheap....:P

Yeah, flourescent color is oways good with dark color backing up, some crazy fancy decal, ur car will looks awesome....
Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kevinTRF
Make your car looks 90% realistic instead of plastic like, or make it into drift pig like mine, diffrent color on panels, i bet no one will have the same like your body shell..haha..but pls dun make that if it's a new shell...well, $50 to $80 body shell ain't cheap....:P

Yeah, flourescent color is oways good with dark color backing up, some crazy fancy decal, ur car will looks awesome....
Yea, I'm thinking one SOLID colour but all my favorite colours are taken. Just one color and then a big sticker. Simple and easy. I dont think i'll be putting on too many stickers coz its not in "Best-of-Show".
Old 07-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

otherwise combination of colors on graphic oso turn out great..at least no one will have the same shell...
Old 07-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Theres nothing wrong with florescent PINK, infact its my main color now for my race winning car during FEMCA....PINK shows the manhood....or PINK lambang keJANTANAN if you play EP TC watch out for the PINK Sakura...

Some general painting tips for all to read:

-Always paint the darker color first then the lighter one last.**
-Paint it lightly in 1st layer, then after it dried out, paint 2-3 layers (depend how concentrated the color you want)
- Always overcoat florescent color with White paint or otherwise it wont glow.
- If you are painting Chrome or Alum anodised one ,overcoat it in black.

** this is true when the darker area is larger than the lighter one, if you do not want to waste Liquid Mask or Masking tape, you can paint lighter one first then overcoat it with silver so the darker paint wont be affecting the lighter color paint.

Enjoy painting....
Old 07-19-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=dameetz;7688830]Theres nothing wrong with florescent PINK, infact its my main color now for my race winning car during FEMCA....PINK shows the manhood....or PINK lambang keJANTANAN if you play EP TC watch out for the PINK Sakura...

Btw, I was reading somewhere in RCTech that we dont have to limit our colour to the outside and colour of the body. You can color-coordinate the electrics, arms, screws etc. So your SZ can look for pink wires, pink screws etc

I saw your car at the FEMCA races bro. One of the best handling SZ (Sakura Zero) out there. But you know what? Marc Reinhard won again using the 416X. Tabik hormat...

Thanks for the painting tips. Still with the sketch pad, I think I settled on a colour scheme already. Hope the paints are in stock.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat
So your SZ can look for pink wires, pink screws etc

I saw your car at the FEMCA races bro. One of the best handling SZ (Sakura Zero) out there. But you know what? Marc Reinhard won again using the 416X. Tabik hormat....
Ha..ha...you haven't seen my Sakura recently...its all covered in PINK

Yep Tamiya won again...as usual....I still drive my 416X in MOD class, I m still keeping it coz its World Champion....

Post your painted body/cover when its done....(PINK!!!PINK!!!PINK!!!)
Old 07-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat
Yea, I'm thinking one SOLID colour but all my favorite colours are taken. Just one color and then a big sticker. Simple and easy. I dont think i'll be putting on too many stickers coz its not in "Best-of-Show".
as for me this year i change my colour,last year im using pink,white n black this year i will be using met.purple,white,chrome,yellow n green,since its the fastest colour for dameetz,so gonna try it out k ka 2 dameetz??
Old 07-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g-wan
as for me this year i change my colour,last year im using pink,white n black this year i will be using met.purple,white,chrome,yellow n green,since its the fastest colour for dameetz,so gonna try it out k ka 2 dameetz??
Those colors have always been my lucky colors bro,
Everytime I change my colors I just kept on going back to that colors, i dont know why, but those colors were the colors of my 1st r/c car, so i guess it just stuck on my mind
Old 07-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Those colors have always been my lucky colors bro,
Everytime I change my colors I just kept on going back to that colors, i dont know why, but those colors were the colors of my 1st r/c car, so i guess it just stuck on my mind
no worry bro..i just try out to find nice colour,but i like your design..
but as for me hara colour is nice,p sangal dah makai,nda hang..but hope this year ada luck,dapat masuk b-main pun jd th..
Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by g-wan
no worry bro..i just try out to find nice colour,but i like your design..
but as for me hara colour is nice,p sangal dah makai,nda hang..but hope this year ada luck,dapat masuk b-main pun jd th..
I've seen Hara's getup. Membuat juling...tapi its trademark already.

Hmm...lucky colours? It made me consider what colours I was running in my last race. It was my lucky colours since I made a good attempt after not racing for a long time.

Dameetz, I got a pit of pink on my 1/8. ambil 'heng' sikit ya?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

just painted with the colour u choose and easy for u to notice when racing in track, or else it make u wrongly see other cars as ur own.

well anything good as long as u like it
Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=BrokenCroW;7693606]just painted with the colour u choose and easy for u to notice when racing in track, or else it make u wrongly see other cars as ur own.

well anything good as long as u like it

U know what bro, I just saw a 1/8 body painted exactly 'my' scheme. Tapi stickers are different. Hahaha. Have to do something different now, maybe use different tyres or focus more on the car when it rides

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.