Search

Questions about rc flying in brunei

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Si Thu Zaw,

Just seen this morning in the for sale section, there is a Futaba 6ex with recevr for sale at $250.... check it out..... seller gwan

This radio is a computer radio with mixing and heli functions, so it should be able to open up your options... also it has expo and dual rates which is going to be very handy to tune the craft to your hands.....

With regards to the radio's at Warisan, i am not sure what the prices are like, you can check them out yourself....
Old 06-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Is there a TX and RX set under 100$?

Building myself will cost about 170$-250$ right?
So does buying a 3ch or 4ch plane cost more than building?
If not,I'll buy it,fly it and pull the parts out of it and put it on another plane so I won't need to spend a lot on TX and RX.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Initiate

If you can find those RTF (Ready to Fly) models with radios & receiver included, then you may be able to save on the costs.. you can always use back the radio for crafts which you build yourself. I recall last time, we were able to get this electric powered 4 ch glider for just over $100 with a basic 4ch radio. (Triple Star in Kiulap - bicycle/ baby store)

Basically buying a radio is the initial investment to get you in the hobby. As you build, buy and progress on other aircrafts be it fixed wing or rotaries, you can carryover the same equipment.

So what it boils to is how much you are willing to spend.... I always say, buy the most expensive radio you can afford.... that way you will not have to spend on radios as your skills improve and your needs/ demands over features increase.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I know but I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on my first plane,first build.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Tech Initiate

My guess will then be that you should look for those RTF's first, at least with a minimum of 4ch to experience real flying... Avoid the 2 or 3ch where you will grow tired quickly since you already have experience on the sim.

Going for self-build crafts will require some initial cash outlay to get you started.... it is then when you recycle the parts (e.g. motor/ electronics/ radio equipment) that it becomes cheaper to build since now you only have the cost of the airframe.

Try dropping by Triple Star (in Kiulap upstairs) or Little M (in Batu Bersurat). I have not been there lately myself, but they had some pretty decent low cost RTF's. The powered glider i told you about cost me like $120 and it was around 2 years back.....
Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Can I buy foam at hardware shops?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default divinity like zagi

i made this by 2 sheet of depron foam 6mm. dont cost to much.
1st divinity
.[IMG][/IMG]

2nd divinity with carbon spar
Old 06-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Rookie

How much would they cost including the radio systems?

Last edited by Si Thu Zaw; 06-15-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC heli lessons

Hi Guys,

Can anyone one here give RC petrol helicopter flying lessons or do you know anyone who can? I have my own heli but not confident, willing to pay the going rate.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Si Thu Zaw
How much would they cost including the radio systems?
i bought the radio system for 2nd hand around $350. 2 sheet of depron foam for $14. 2 servo cost around $10+ on hobbycity.com. esc 20a $20. motor 2212-06 $30.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by uggyasia
Hi Guys,

Can anyone one here give RC petrol helicopter flying lessons or do you know anyone who can? I have my own heli but not confident, willing to pay the going rate.
Suggest you invest the money on a simulator... the number of times you crash on the simulator will pay its own worth if it were real. Original ones can be had for approx ~ $300 ish..... there are also pirated ones around..... those go for ~ B$100+

Try to look for either Phenoix or Realflight or Reflex.... believe me if you can fly on the sim you will be able to fly the real thing.....
Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wadut
i made this by 2 sheet of depron foam 6mm. dont cost to much.
1st divinity
.[IMG][/IMG]

2nd divinity with carbon spar
jeng mcmna kmu mbuat a,mcm kn join jua main,sal mbli heli ku,belt cp p men dpn umah ja..a2 pakai form yg ara bismi ka?n design buleh buat sesuka hati o mcmna?iski jua kn main glider a...
Old 06-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by g-wan
jeng mcmna kmu mbuat a,mcm kn join jua main,sal mbli heli ku,belt cp p men dpn umah ja..a2 pakai form yg ara bismi ka?n design buleh buat sesuka hati o mcmna?iski jua kn main glider a...
sanang ganya membuat ni. ada plan nya ni. arah rcgroups.com pun banyak jenis kapal made by depron foam ah. just look under plane scratchbuild. foam nya bleh d dapati d mana2 kadai buku. ku recommend kadai stationary dpn aneka rasa d qlap. sal apa, kadai mcm bismi or tajul kh, nipis wh mcm low quality.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wadut
sanang ganya membuat ni. ada plan nya ni. arah rcgroups.com pun banyak jenis kapal made by depron foam ah. just look under plane scratchbuild. foam nya bleh d dapati d mana2 kadai buku. ku recommend kadai stationary dpn aneka rasa d qlap. sal apa, kadai mcm bismi or tajul kh, nipis wh mcm low quality.
hehe kalau foam arah si tajul tampik tu bui.. bisai trabangnya bui?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cuboi
hehe kalau foam arah si tajul tampik tu bui.. bisai trabangnya bui?
bisai eh. glide lagi kalau trabang tinggi2 tu. main g bth 15 minit sampai ni d udara.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.