R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Castle Hill Christmas Cup (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/9935-castle-hill-christmas-cup.html)

vr01 12-10-2002 05:13 AM

bk - I don't think the professor has actually made a post on rctech.

Who are you slab???

NOFX 12-10-2002 12:30 PM

i think that the number of batteries are right, especially with the 3300's coming in, but i think they should only be allowed for mod, but just allow stock and 540 to run 3000's and u'll get ur extra run time allowing all the teams to go faster anyway,

i would like to see a pace car in the race a couple of times, just to make it a bit more interesting, it would help with run time a little bit and if u were close to the battery change u could pull in and do a change and not lose a lap, something to spice it up a bit.

fastolfart 12-10-2002 01:09 PM

The only problem I have with the race, is that it should be called an ECONOMY RUN, not an ENDURANCE RACE.
Racing means that you go hard and fast for the period. Not go looking for economy for the least amount of fuel used.
But any way I had a great time as usual, and I think that the team I was in learnt a bit as it was there first time.
:D

Painy 12-10-2002 03:04 PM

yeah..everyone may as well of had 540's in there cars..no one was raicng..just putting around the track..

TJ 12-10-2002 05:10 PM

What about the same rules as this year but unlimited batteries.

TJ 12-10-2002 05:12 PM

Originally posted by fastolfart
The only problem I have with the race, is that it should be called an ECONOMY RUN, not an ENDURANCE RACE.
Racing means that you go hard and fast for the period. Not go looking for economy for the least amount of fuel used.
But any way I had a great time as usual, and I think that the team I was in learnt a bit as it was there first time.
:D

Thanks Fastolfart:
Thats was the idea to get new drivers to mix with old.

NOFX 12-10-2002 05:30 PM

nah trev, with the introduction of the 3300's, let the mods run them, all other motors can use 3000's next year and make it touring cars only, no minis, pan, or f1s. with this setup its like having an extra 3000 battery cos its 600mah more for mod, stock is the same, and the 2 540 cars will mean an extra 1200 mah for each car meaning extra 2400mah, so a total of an extra 3000 mah, which is proabably an extra 20-25 mins of running, this will provide the extra runtime required and allow the speed to be up on this year

Coxy 12-10-2002 07:30 PM

The more rules you have the less fun.

Let em go all out. Unlimited packs unlimited motors. First one across the line wins. End of rules

Now that's an enduro.

Coxy.

NOFX 12-10-2002 07:42 PM

thats not really the idea of an enduro, i thought the idea was to have limited resources and make the best use of them, unlimited things just make the gap between the haves and have nots too large, this is a fun event and the rules have always given the most people the opportunity to win, and motor limits mean people look for drivers who normally run stock etc to put together a team

fastolfart 12-10-2002 08:20 PM

thats not really the idea of an enduro, i thought the idea was to have limited resources and make the best use of them,
Thats the idea of an economy run. similar to making the V8's run Bathurst on 1 set of tyres and 1 tank of fuel.
I do know that at Bathurst the cars are limited to a number of tyres, but no where near too few to run the meeting.
LeMans is also an Enduro event, so are many of the World Sports Car races. Yes again they do have some limitations, but not to impede on the speed of the cars dramatically.
I propose unlimited batteries, a nominated motor, and 1 car with as many drivers that need to be there. This is for the top end drivers
Now as previously mentioned that the new comer may shy away from this race, what we have to do is have a race for them with driver team restrictions and a suitable car setup, may be a couple of cars.
Hmmmm now we have 2 classes !!
Qualifing for 5 grid positions each ?

Just some thoughts
:)

contact 12-10-2002 09:54 PM

i think we do well to have events that are not intimidating for first timers... i thought the chrissy cup as it was run was great... its good to have an element of "can it be done" we all know now that its pretty easy to make 4 cars and 8 batteries run for 3hrs

what about keeping it so that starting drivers will be able to come and race with the fast guys and not feel out of it...

540 while 'slow' should be (imho) kept, perhpas after that mix it up... mods with open batteries sure but what about the beginning teams

after all its christmas and the event should be fun and perhaps more about the competition than the victory (does that make any sence at all?!:weird: )

what about some system to moderate the teams - 1 'wildcard' driver form up a team of 3 and a pool of wild card drivers make up the 4th driver (just an idea to keep it interesting) (no sour grapes either i was stoked to share the track with some of the leading drivers)

vr01 12-10-2002 10:51 PM

Unlimited batteries has my vote.:tire: :tire:

NOFX 12-10-2002 11:25 PM

whats up, couldnt team venom keep up the pace with the battery limit?

vr01 12-11-2002 12:15 AM

We did it too well, I could have gone for another 2 minutes flat out at the end...

NOFX - I just want to go faster :D

NOFX 12-11-2002 01:46 AM

Cool VR, i understand, and glad u took my joke in the right sense of humour, what about cutting the race length to say 2 and 1/2 hrs?