Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Retro 1980's Jet Hopper >

Retro 1980's Jet Hopper

Retro 1980's Jet Hopper

Old 07-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Retro 1980's Jet Hopper

Hi all, new to the forum. Digging through old toys on the weekend with my young kids and found my old MK2 Jet Hopper from the 1980's. I think it was called the Tyco Hopper in the U.S. Put in some batteries and it still works a treat . My kids will love playing with it. Its in pretty good nic, but does need new rear tyres and a new front bumper. I've found some parts cars on ebay to replace the bumper, but I can not find any good tyres for it. Does anyone know of any replacement tyres that would fit the Jet Hopper? They don't have to be the same original tyres, as I'm sure they don't exist anymore, but something from another manufacturer or RC car that would fit?

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:55 AM
Tech Rookie

the Tamiya fighter buggy tyres might fit, but it's not a certainty. These jet hoppers/turbo hoppers cars are getting quite collectable these days, parts are not easy to find unless you pull apart an old kit, it's probably cheaper to buy a ready to run buggy tbh. if you or your son aren't sentimentally connected to the car then you can most likely find a buyer for it on ebay if its in good condition (lights not broken, stickers/body in good condition, tyres in ok nic. You could probably get anywhere from @100-300+ depending on condition and if you have the original box, manuals etc (price only a guess, but i know they are rare as hens teeth)

personally i'd keep it and just buy a ready to run buggy like a tamiya or maybe a used car from her on the for sale forums (racer grade cars are stronger than the cheaper type cars)

https:// **** rctoymemories [DOT] com/2016/ *** 09/11/ **** metro-taiyo-jet-hopper-1986/ I can't post links as i'm new to the forum, just get rid of the stars and the DOT
Old 07-27-2021, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi do you still have it? Would you consider selling it? Ive got one but needs a few parts. Yeah i cant find tyres eather