Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26 >

2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26

2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26

Old 01-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26

2006 Team Associated Sydney Grand Prix (Nitro)
In conjuction with Blactown City Council.

Practice Friday 24th 11.00am - 8.00pm

Saturday 25th drivers meeting/concourse 9.30am
Heat 1 round 1 9.45am
Four rounds on Saturday.
Practice till 6.00pm Saturday night.

Sunday 26th Heat 1 round 5 9.30am
two round on sunday.
10 car ABC finals.

Entry fee $30 cross enrty allowed $20 for second entry.

AARCMCC rules apply 16% nitro....3 port motors..
In pullstart any 12 size or any kit 12-15 motor.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

In!

Will entry form/details be up on the website?
Old 01-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Suspended

That should be a great 3 days burgo, Could you get some entry forms up and running on the web site.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Entry forms should be up mid week ....Once our IT fixes the web site.
Sorry for the delay.
Steve.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Last years GP was a fantastic weekend...count me in
Old 01-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey burgo, any more information?

like... what track it's at? what this mysterious website is?

cheers
Old 01-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Track is the home of SORMCC located at Morreau Res. Church St Eastern Creek.
www.racingfactory.org
www.sormcc.org
Old 01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Club Day Sat. 28th Jan.
Club Day Sat. 11th Feb.
Syd GP Nitro 24th25th & 26th Feb.
Club Day Sat. 11th Mar.
Clud Day Sat. 25th Mar.

club days leading up to event, and after.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I know going to the Pre-Worlds wouldn't be everyones cup of tea and that some would probably just see it as a waste of time/money but honestly why in the hell would you schedule the GP for the same time as the Pre-Worlds?

I can understand some what that the SummerChamp thing happens the same time as the Vic GP Titles because after all the SummerChamps isn't a stand alone GP event.

But it's either a case of an unfortunate date clash that couldn't be worked out, pig headed ignorance that we will run our event when we like or just plain stupidity that would see two major I.C events take place in OZ (aimed at the same class) at the same time!

Or maybe it's just me that would like to see everyone reading from the same page and try and work events out so we can get the best attendances.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Craig as you have stated it is unfortunate that the pre worlds are on the same weekend, but the fact is that the innaugural EC GP GP was held on the same weekend last year, was booked again for this year, dates were scheduled mid last year so as to get the details into various Blacktown city council centenary documents.

All this before the pre worlds were even thought of.

At the end of the day the hardcore racers will go to the pre worlds, as im sure it will be an awesome event, while there will be a lot more racers who did not qualify / have aspirations for worlds events. The bottom line is that more regular racers are likely to enter this event, unfortunately its a fact that a lot of people do not like competing against the cream of the crop.

Both events will be very well run, the competitors of each will have a ball, and im sure as both the electric and Nitro GP's gain in popularity they will become an integral part of the racing calendar, there are very few dedicated 3 day events of this type.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Brad I can accept that not everyone wants to attend the Pre-Worlds/QLD Titles. But the line about the date being set mid year for the Sydney GP before the Pre-Worlds was even being thought of is just pure crap.

The dates for the Pre-Worlds were posted here on the 15/02/05 so if Steve had to have his details inked in mid year he had almost six months to arrange a suitable time.

The anouncment of the Pre-World dates (set by IFMAR) caused the S.A Titles to be reset to another date so I don't see why a more suitable time couldn't be found.

I can see the benifit that running a meet for the local guys can bring and that not everyone wants to race the fast guys but I don't see how fragmenting our sport by running major events against each other assists in the growth of it.

As I said I can understand the Racing Lines run events because they are EP/GP but a straight up GP conflicting program is just plain stupid.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with Craig 1, it is a shame that 2 events are being held simiultaneously, but it's a bigger shame that clubs who are members of AARCMCC are not working together with AARCMCC to see this doesn't happen, it's a shame that AARCMCC no longer informs clubs and it's members about upcoming events and dates, it's a bigger shame that there is no web site for the association who supposedly is representative of the members of these clubs, it's a shame that here in Australia RC Racing in the electric form and the nitro form has not advanced.

AARMCC needs to be disolved and a new association formed, alternatively AARMCC should be comprised of a commitee of no less than three representatives from each state, namely one representative from the major state clubs which have the purpose built tracks and two others from other clubs which from where I stand seem to have a greater membership than most of the established state clubs, these representatives need to come from all facets of racing groups, off road on road electric gas buggys ect.

These representatives are able to communicate through e-mail and other means they don't need to have meetings, all they need to do is communicate dates rules, and establish a common road.

The association is two people, they do nothing for the racer they contribute nothing to the sport, all they are are two people who collect fees for membership and maintain that entrants to AARCMCC sanctioned events are financial. It's a joke.

The Pre Worlds are being held in Australia, and the ifmar rules do not include a bodylist from AARCMCC, because they havn't got one, the Australian Mazda 6 is not on the approved body list, its under a European name.

There needs to be change members need to stand and be counted and represented by a body of people not just 2.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

ZD8000, I am rather confused by the message that you are trying to put across on a thread that may have little to do with some of your intensions.
Please feel free to call me on 0411 299150 and discuss some of your ideas.
Other than that you can contact by e mail at click here

Peter Ellis
AARCMCC
Old 01-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

I spoke with Steve today about the conflict of dates and he said it was just an over sight on his part.
By the time he realised the two events were to be held at the same time it was too late to alter as he had already set eveything in motion with the council.
I take Steve for his word so I don't have a problem when he says that it was just a simple error.
ZD you have some good ideas for AARCMCC and it will good to see if Pete can help turn the association around once he gets a grasp on things.
There are probably a lot of ways it could all work better but after all it's the job that no one wants so it's hard to knock the people who at least give it a go.
Communication is key though, so with out it what do you have?
Hopefully we can at least have a web page soon. One would be good where questions could be submitted and addressed by the relevant person.
I don't want to hijack this thread so this should be continued in the AARCMCC thread.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default options

Craig,
Its good to have options for racing, look at last weeks summer nats nitro a final, there were more post aussie champions than you can poke a stick at.
Not every one can afford a week off to attend pre worlds there fore this is a good option for us porpers. Besides up untill recent times its only been a
hand full of established drivers supporting these type of meetings at these smaller clubs. This gives us has beens a chance to pick up some good cutlery, been a while between drinks.
Cheers
Alex.K

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.