Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26 >

2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26

2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26

Old 01-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey Alex I can understand your view and accept that but I still don't think it is good to have events conflict that are running the same classes.
Part of the attraction of an event like the SummerNats is the size of the entry. Everyone from the guy who finishes last up to the winner plays their part in adding to the atmosphere of the event.
You can't have this if you start spreading everyone out all over the place.
One other thing to consider is that when a club decides to run a major event they count on getting a good turn out so they can make some money for the club. If they can't attract a decent amount of people to make it all worth while them sometimes they may just decide not to run an event at all.
All of this is just my opinion, doesn't make it right or wrong but it just seems to make sense to try and run major events that run the same classes at different times.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Craig - I dont ever recall you attending any of the Dozen or so large events that EC has held, would you have attended the EC GP GP if it had been on a different wekeend to the Warm up?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Craig - I dont ever recall you attending any of the Dozen or so large events that EC has held, would you have attended the EC GP GP if it had been on a different wekeend to the Warm up?
Whether or not Craig 1 attends or doesn't attend any of the events that you have mentioned really makes no differance, his opinion of the circumstances is only that, an opinion, and it's validity is only gained by whether or not others agree with his opinion, I agree with the remarks he has made on this thread, however you may not, but he is entitled to ask the question, and I'm sure he doesn't ask with any malice intended, but with the question of why it has occured that events overlap each other. He has received a response from Steve, explaining why they overlap, and through means of this thread we now know why they overlap, the reason being that there was an oversight, if there was a national calender where clubs were invited to register the dates of events they wish to hold, maybe this oversight may not have occured. I understand that P.E. has only just started looking after AARCMCC, and I'm not laying any blame on him, I'm laying blame on the member clubs who over the past twenty five years have not progressed AARCMCC. AARCMCC in its current form may have worked when there was only a hand full of clubs, but now there is agrowth of clubs and racers and AARCMCC needs to grow and service these members, it's time for a change and the change needs to be supported, unlike previous years where it was attempted, and within the ranks of AARCMCC itself, the change was difussed.

However, Craig 1 is correct we need not hijack this thread.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

ZD8000, I agree with your last comments, and if you are willing, I am still open to a call. The other alternative is PM or text me and I will call you.
Changes are needed for sure, but I would rather move this discussion to the AARCMCC thread and so the nitro guys can concerntrate on the GP.

Peter Ellis
AARCMCC
Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Brad I've always wanted to attend a meeting at EC but for one reason or another haven't been able to. Sometimes it's been work, having just had hol's to attend another event or that the rules that the event was run to weren't what I race to usually (multi port engines,nitro content,lola bodies etc). I don't remember each occasion but I'm sure it wasn't just to be ignorant to EC.
Up until the most recent WinterChamps I hadn't been to a R/L run event either as once again I didn't own more than the IFMAR legal spec engine and they usually run a different nitro content, so I didn't see the point.
But to answer your point, yes if there had been enough of a time difference between the events I probably would have gone. If it was on the very next weekend, no as I'd be looking for another job.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Entry form now available
Attached Files
File Type: doc
ENTRY FORM TEAMASSOC.doc (23.5 KB, 115 views)
Old 01-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

2006 Team Associated Sydney Grand Prix Entry form is also now on the site in PDF format.

http://www.racingfactory.org/
Old 01-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

say .. who is the new distributor for Team Associated in aust?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kelletts / Ace
Old 02-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sydney GP entry list

can we please get an entry posted soon?

Gotta check out competition.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default previous post correction

Originally Posted by full speed tc3
can we please get an entry posted soon?

Gotta check out competition.
Sorry, can we please get an entrant list posted.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Well i'll be there probably jynx'ing myself now and Brad i'm sure he will be one of the top guys once he gets used to a nitro.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I cant do a lap

I seriously need to get used to using brakes, the NTC3 is soooooo free it keeps going once you let off the throttle.

Full Speed - Im not sure if there will be a list posted, i would say most of the entries will be put in tommorrow anyway.

If you are concerned about your own entry post your real name and i will see that Burgo confirms it.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kyosho3PKRacer
Well i'll be there probably jynx'ing myself now and Brad i'm sure he will be one of the top guys once he gets used to a nitro.
lol its more like i'll jinx myself and then you will win
Old 02-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

will there be a entry list posted up soon ???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.