12th Scale in Victoria >

12th Scale in Victoria

12th Scale in Victoria

Old 12-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 12th Scale in Victoria

Hey all 12th enthusiasts!

With the amalgamation of SERCCC and MPRCCC clubs, I now believe we have a suitable venue to pursue some 12th scale racing in Victoria. For those not in the loop, the two clubs have invested much time and money to make this facility both smooth and of a high standard of grip level. Exhaustive manpower to fill holes and cracks has been followed up with a Boral coating to help self level the surface and add grip. It will also be sugared before each club day, this combo should provide for ample grip. Concrete curbing will be used so should also be a friendly environment for our little pan cars. The track is located in Bittern, see the SERCCC thread for details or better still like their Facebook page

So...I am keen to get some people down there run, what would you as racers or noobs like to see as a ruleset used to encourage you down to race?

Some thoughts so far -

First say six months could be a dip your toe experience, so no real limits as such so we can establish what sort of interest there actually is and not discourage people who don't want to spend loads of cash straight away. I'm keen to have one car available as a trial car.

Once established, I am proposing a control tyre to curb some of the cost, not that 12th rubber is expensive, but a control would promote better tyre wear rather than ultimate performance. Tyre truers are not really needed these days for asphalt racing, just take em out of the packet, mount em up and start cutting laps.

If numbers are satisfactory a 10.5t/1S class (or possibly 21.5t/2S) and an Open class. Cars could be run together in the early days if you"re open to that or maybe even run on alternate weekends...

Ok, your turn, what say you?

Cheers, Paul Sims

The following to be streamlined according to feedback

********2017 RULESET********

STOCK12
10.5t 1S motor limit (21.5t 2S proposed)
Blinky, no boost etc
Control rear tyre (announced after testing)
Control additive
Usual rules in regards to weight etc

PRO12
No motor limit in 1S
Open tyres
Control additive
Usual rules in regards to weight etc

Last edited by goBezerk; 12-08-2016 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Update
Old 12-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I like the idea Mr Zerk. If only it wasn't a 90 min+ drive from my house to Bittern... Hopefully some people who live closer might be keen.
I like the funky design of the Schumacher Eclipse, that might tempt some people.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, not convenient for some racers TFG, but then it opens it up to others that always have to travel north to race! A few new nice pan cars around, seem reasonably priced too.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Paul. I like the idea of 21.5, only because I have all the stuff to get me going.

Cheers, Warren.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nelson_RC View Post
Hey Paul. I like the idea of 21.5, only because I have all the stuff to get me going.

Cheers, Warren.
Sure, trying to keep it simple first up, as mentioned before IF you want to be able to run elsewhere it won't comply but it will allow you to get started and see if you like pan car. Look forward to seeing that Yokomo on the track!
Old 12-07-2016, 04:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It sounds like you guys have all the ingredients for fun 12th racing. I hope it gets up and running.

I recommend some sort of motor limit, 10.5 1S is fairly standard in other parts of the country, but of course just getting cars on track is what you're looking for to begin with. 21.5 2S and 10.5 1S are roughly similar speeds, so you can happily run the two together at an entry level.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
It sounds like you guys have all the ingredients for fun 12th racing. I hope it gets up and running.

I recommend some sort of motor limit, 10.5 1S is fairly standard in other parts of the country, but of course just getting cars on track is what you're looking for to begin with. 21.5 2S and 10.5 1S are roughly similar speeds, so you can happily run the two together at an entry level.
Great to know that speeds are similar Daniel, good news for those wanting to have a go.
Yeah, ingredients are looking awesome indeed, looking like a sweet 2017!
Old 12-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

10.5t / 1s / Control Tyre.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by [[john]] View Post
10.5t / 1s / Control Tyre.

Sounds good, I'll edit first post and start a basic ruleset
Old 12-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Count me as one of the people who'd be interested if it wasn't so far away. I'm all for some healthy non-TC classes, it gets a bit boring watching more of the same type of car running at different speeds. I hope it works out for you.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Count me as one of the people who'd be interested if it wasn't so far away. I'm all for some healthy non-TC classes, it gets a bit boring watching more of the same type of car running at different speeds. I hope it works out for you.
Certainly would be great to be just around the corner, still a drive for myself but got my fingers crossed it will be worth the effort
Old 12-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Just ordered my 12th scale. I will probably just run a 6.5 and 1s for now as that is all i have. But i would be keen to run 10.5 and 1s later on.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Sounds good Tommy, look forward to seeing you on the track
Old 12-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

controlled additive that works to go with the controlled rear tires?
Old 12-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
controlled additive that works to go with the controlled rear tires?
I've been told if the grip level is ok we might not even need additive...yet to be determined! But yeah, sounds good Brad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.