Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Best on road chassis 1:10 >

Best on road chassis 1:10

Best on road chassis 1:10

Old 03-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Best on road chassis 1:10

Hi all! I know this will become a can of worm's kinda thing but in the market for another chassis.
At the moment i have a second hand TRF417x and looking into either a VBC08 or the new T4'16' Xray.
Been racing for a while (on/off) and skill is about moderate/good and fairly consistent. Just need to get another chassis because this one (TRF) is getting a bit old.

Maybe there's another chassis out there that's better than the above? Thank's for looking.

Forgot to mention, will be racing outdoor on a concrete netball court. Surface is smoothish and medium/high grip. Will be racing in the VTA class with the 21.5 and running either slick or treaded vintage hpi tyre's. $$ wise, skies the limit......if the wife don't see it lol!
Old 03-27-2016, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephoon View Post
Hi all! I know this will become a can of worm's kinda thing but in the market for another chassis.
At the moment i have a second hand TRF417x and looking into either a VBC08 or the new T4'16' Xray.
Been racing for a while (on/off) and skill is about moderate/good and fairly consistent. Just need to get another chassis because this one (TRF) is getting a bit old.

Maybe there's another chassis out there that's better than the above? Thank's for looking.

Forgot to mention, will be racing outdoor on a concrete netball court. Surface is smoothish and medium/high grip. Will be racing in the VTA class with the 21.5 and running either slick or treaded vintage hpi tyre's. $$ wise, skies the limit......if the wife don't see it lol!
Thought I would chime in before the fan boys fill this thread full of bullshit. In all honesty for 21.5t vta it doesn't matter what you run. I would suggest going for whatever name brand has local support at your lhs and is in your price range.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

lookieaefanboi, well said.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmm...fair enough. Shame that not a lot of people can share their opinion in peace and without any drama but most forum's have them people.

Suppose will end it here. I'll go with the Xray and hope for the best at the track. Thank's for the help???
Old 03-28-2016, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You wont go with either VBC or Xray both have excellent parts support and are both top quality cars.

Other cars you could look at are Yokomo BD7 and ARC.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

For most classes a good driver in a Sakura XI Sport is still going to beat a bad driver in the latest XRay T4 2016

Get something that fits your budget and is easy for you to get parts for locally, see what others around you use as it will make it easier to get set up tips or 'borrow' parts if you all have the same gear.

My experience?

Xray - solid, tank, can't go wrong
Tamiya - strong, blingy
Awesomatix - best driving car by far, but needier than that super hot ex girlfriend, neglect it and something will break or fall off. Sneeze too close and something will be unhappy and hurt you next race.
Yokomo - fragile
Corally - more fragile
Old 04-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'm running a T3 '12 in VTA, and it's a capable front runner (if I'm on my game). No need for the latest chassis in VTA, good setup and smooth driving will get you there.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sakura are also good but fragile.. Parts are cheap and plentiful tho.