Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Tamiya World Titles

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just had a chat with Luc, Sounds like all are having fun. Luc is currently sitting in 11th, just a few tenths out of the A final, he has adopted a japanese driver in his class and has got a fresh set of ideas for the last qual tomm morning. Good luck Luc

Sounds like Joseph is going great guns firmly in the mid pack of the A final, Luc said his WA carpet experience seems to be showing through.

Adam seems to have encountered some setup issues, and is struggling with things, and has dropped down the ladder, but again still a last chance tomm to get into the show.

Have fun gents, whatever happens tomm on the track, you will have a ball at the internationals final dinner at the German Bier Bar. And then onto some serious RC shopping on Monday.

Good work on the updates Trev, good to hear internet is available in the rooms, makes it a lot easier than struggling with the japanese keyboards in the internet cafe.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:31 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Well TCs is over done for another year. The WA driver Josheph Hall came out on top qualifying for the A main. After some bad luck on the last qualifying run Adam ended up in 15th qualifying and Luc ended up two spots down from Saturday in 13th for buggy.

In the finals Adam lost a transponder then his front wheel so in the end finished over all in 15th position. Luc still had trouble finding the right setup and had massive under steer and came in over all in 13th from were he qualified.
For Joe his first run eventful to say the least ended up with two 10sec cautions but this day I say it was uncalled for and a 9th. A better run in the second with a 6th and the third was comfortable in 4th and a top 6 finish and hit the wall second turn after the start finish line and lost a turnbuckle and came in 7th. He finished over all 7th.

We met Mr S Tamiya at the track and all international drivers were given a new TA05 kit for taking part in this years event.
Tomorrow we have the tour of Tamiya and go to there test track in Shizuoka that means Rainbow Ten again.

The team will probably shop there frustrations away.

Even though for the result everyone is having a great time and looking forward to the next couple of days.

Thats about for now, will report back tomorrow if I get over tonight.

TJ
Old 11-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up CONGRATULATIONS

Guys you did the best you could and for that I say thankyou, some days racing will go with out a hitch other days you wish you never got out off bed "THATS RACING".

I hope you all injoy the tour and most of all have fun shopping you all deserve it.

Can not wait to see you all again and hear about your'e expieriences.

Regards
Noel Richards

Old 11-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm sure the guys will be disappointed, but hang ya heads up high cause everyone back home think you did a great job also. :-)

I'm sure you will have some GREAT luck shopping!
Old 11-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Congradulatios guys, you have done a great job.
Concidering you are racing against the best drivers in the world for the classes that you competed in you have done an excellent job.

Have fun with the shoppping and did I mention the kit that

PS I dont think that BK's spending record will be under threat this year
Old 11-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well done guys,
Old 11-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Good work guys, I'd love to go to Japan, especially as a result of RC racing here (I can hear the gale of laughter from my fellow club members right now). Man, if I walked into Rainbow Ten or Champ RC (or RC Champ), there is no way you'd get me out without putting a second mortgage on the house.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

Originally Posted by fastolfart
PS I dont think that BK's spending record will be under threat this year
hahaha.....true but i know adam has money to burn. and as tj said he will sure release all the frustration on the hobby shops.

ps. (adam) buy me a kit i need some thing to play with.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

just had a talk to Adam not to long ago. and even though the results wernt great, its sounds like spirits are high. man it sounds like fun and i hear the ta05 already is at MAX Bling.

i might have to try harder next year.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

are they back already or when are they getting back?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rod M
are they back already or when are they getting back?
They arrive back in Australia at 7.30 Thursday morning.

Right about now they would be at the Tokyo hobby shops having a ball. Hopefully Luc picks me up some exotic TRF Blue bits
Old 11-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Never mind your blue bits..... he has to do some shopping for his battery supplier
Old 11-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Pretty sure strapping on cells around your body can be mistaken for shotgun bullets.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Good to see an MSX on the way Dan! Seems like everytime I look at your signature its different! GO BLUE BLING!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Its good to see Tamiya is becoming more than a niche brand in the Australian racing market. And im sure the imminent release of the full MSX kit will only help the cause.

Bring the Bling Baby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.