Official AARCMCC EP On Road Thread

Like Tree84Likes

Official AARCMCC EP On Road Thread

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 307 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
Accidents happen. Sometimes they happen on the first lap. This is part of racing.

Sure, it can be upsetting to get caught up in someone else's mistake. But next time maybe you'll be the beneficiary of better luck that will cancel things out. That's racing.

Learning to deal with these ups and downs makes someone not only a better racer, but also a better person.

We don't remember the races where we start 4th and finish 4th, but we do remember the ones where we came from 8th and finished 3rd. Drivers out of position with their pace is what results in wheel to wheel action. That little bit of randomness you get sometimes from the first lap in racing is part of what makes it fun.

-----

If it's an accident, it's an accident. But if someone hacks another driver or cuts the circuit they should be penalized. That's what the race referees should be concentrating on, not whether their bad driving should result in a restart or not.
Perhaps but some get extremely caught up in these big events, if they set themselves up for it and feel they have a chance to win a States, or a Nats and then get hacked out by someone overenthusiastic who just scraped into the amain trying to overtake everyone on turn one, is it fair for them (who may have done everything right) to be taken out like that? I think that's what this is trying to curb. One backmarker can cost someone a state title, or a national title, it is how it is, so anything that can be done to minimize this should be encouraged.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:32 PM
No9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The only way this would work is if the offending car is penalised and given a 10 metre grid penalty or starts from pit lane.This would also discourage all or nothing tactics and help clean up starts.
ta04evah likes this.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Why not propose a rule that spreads the grid out more?

Track to have 4 to 6 meters (track dependant) between each car on the grid?

Or something like,

10th car on grid will start 1/2 track distance from 1st starting position on grid with all cars to be spread evenly between these points.

So what if 10th starts half a lap back! That will create less accidents at starts. If I'm 10th I'm happy to bein the main.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post

Or something like,

10th car on grid will start 1/2 track distance from 1st starting position on grid with all cars to be spread evenly between these points.

So what if 10th starts half a lap back! That will create less accidents at starts. If I'm 10th I'm happy to bein the main.
I would find that preferable to the present proposal.

But I'd rather leave things the way they are. I like RC racing for its similarity to the real thing. A grid start is a chance to make quick ground on your opponents. It requires anticipation, lightning fast reflexes and sometimes a little luck. And that's what makes it exciting, be it in F1 or in RC.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post

Or something like,

+1
Old 06-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Or we could save all the drama and just hand the trophy to the TQ driver.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 307 (100%+)

Or we could save all the drama and just hand the trophy to the TQ driver.
I wish! Then I would have won the WA States 21.5 and not Wayne Rabot!

But I didn't some bad luck in the finals with a backmarker in one race, and a misbehaving wing in another race and the win goes elsewhere, doesn't mean I feel they are any less deserving.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like the idea of a car judged to have caused a startline incident starting from pitlane. I've seen many events where the start is video recorded to allow jump starts to be reviewed, so it could be used to adjudicate on a startline incident as well.
The offending car starts fro pit lane, but cannot leave the pits until the entire field clears the pit exit.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Radio Active you got PM
Old 06-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

It should also be pointed out that 4.3.6 does not only apply to finals. The justification for proposing the rewording of 4.3.6 is not mentioned in the reworded rule. This then gives the referee the right to interrupt any race up to the end of the 1st lap of the first car for any reason within their authority.

This means the referee is well within their right to restart a heat if a car cuts the circuit on its opening lap, or a body comes off, or anything like that.

You might still be thinking that's fair enough. It needs to be considered that the cars are staggered in heats. The last car can sometimes start only seconds before the first car finishes its first lap. This creates rather a disparity in your circumstances depending on where you start in the race, if the race may be stopped at any time during Car 1's first lap but only in the first 2 seconds of Car 10's.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

It should also be pointed out that 4.3.6 does not only apply to finals. The justification for proposing the rewording of 4.3.6 is not mentioned in the reworded rule. This then gives the referee the right to interrupt any race up to the end of the 1st lap of the first car for any reason within their authority.

This means the referee is well within their right to restart a heat if a car cuts the circuit on its opening lap, or a body comes off, or anything like that.

You might still be thinking that's fair enough. It needs to be considered that the cars are staggered in heats. The last car can sometimes start only seconds before the first car finishes its first lap. This creates rather a disparity in your circumstances depending on where you start in the race, if the race may be stopped at any time during Car 1's first lap but only in the first 2 seconds of Car 10's.
I don't think the restart rule makes sense at all in a staggered start arrangement.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

I agree. For mine, the restart rule suits when a car is taken out by another at the start, but with the staggered nature of the heats this should not be an issue.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Proposal votes are closed, and all proposals passed, see the image below for breakdown of the results.
Thanks to the clubs that submitted votes, we have had good support yet again which is awesome.
Rule book has been updated and will be uploaded to the AARCMCC website ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails Official AARCMCC EP On Road Thread-proposal-votes-july17.png  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Link to the updated AARCMCC EP ONR 2017 July Rules

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8A...NXd3FaZUU/view
Old 07-19-2017, 03:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Damian Ware - Resignation

It is with regret that we announce that Damian Ware has chosen to step down from his position on the Section Committee, effective immediately. As such he no longer represents AARCMCC, and has no further affiliation in section matters.

The remaining committee would like to thank him for his contribution in his year and a half in office, and wish him all the best for the future both on and off the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service