Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
2005 Oran Park Kids Race Day >

2005 Oran Park Kids Race Day

2005 Oran Park Kids Race Day

Old 11-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling
It looks like the ACTMCRC will be sending a contingent along to this. As were an EP only club I'd like to encourgare the Sydney EP R/C racing community to join us in supporting this event.

I assume I can run Foam tyres?

We'll also pack our offroaders for this.. just in case
Good stuff, it will be good to have some support from the Capital. You can run Foam, Rubber or Drift Tyres if you like. Being a charity event the rules are more lenient than a sanctioned event.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey everyone

hopefully this year i'll be able to attend the event but i was just wondering if anyone was keen to run a drift class??? or just a race if anyone wanted to enter electric stock and just allocate one of the heats to drifting???

i'll probably enter a serious racer too though, race the drifter on the side

just a thought... might be something different and may put a few more smiles on the kids faces!

cheers guys, cya's there

robbie
Old 11-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Roo
Tech Master

Default RACE ENTRY FORM

Here is the entry form for the 2005 Charity Challenge. The finer details and divisions may change depending on entry numbers...but use the info on the entry form as a guide.

Hope to see as many racers (and your families) there on the day...it keeps getting better every year!

BTW, thanks for the thumb tack!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
entryform2005_VerB.pdf (110.7 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by Roo; 11-16-2005 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xray racer
hey everyone

hopefully this year i'll be able to attend the event but i was just wondering if anyone was keen to run a drift class??? or just a race if anyone wanted to enter electric stock and just allocate one of the heats to drifting???

i'll probably enter a serious racer too though, race the drifter on the side

just a thought... might be something different and may put a few more smiles on the kids faces!

cheers guys, cya's there

robbie
Bring your drifter along as well, there will be an opportunity to use it. Probably during the Dunny Derby at the end
Old 11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cant wait to see the 950R with a Splitmiester 1/8 scale dunny behind it.

Are you running the 235mm with Maxxy and me Socco?...or should I say Weatherman?

The OX
Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Either the 835 or the Mugen, not sure yet. 835s with porsche bodies could be interesting
Old 11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soc123_au
Either the 835 or the Mugen, not sure yet. 835s with porsche bodies could be interesting

Cman Soccie, lets run 235mm...otherwise Maxxy might have even more excuses to give.

Porsche bodies are ok if they get further use later in a Porsche Cup.

The OX
Old 11-19-2005, 03:46 AM
Roo
Tech Master

Entry forms and more information available on the PDNR website - www.pdnracing.org.au

Get your entries in early as there are strictly limited spots...please remember to prioritise your classes if you are entering more than one class.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default first time for a while

im really hoping to make this years event. being part of such a great cause is a bonus too. im hoping SOC and the OX might go easy on me

see you there
Old 11-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Roo
Tech Master

Just a reminder about the Charity Auction that will be held on Tuesday December 13 from 6:45pm. It is being held at the Sydney International Regatta Centre P1 car park - where we normally race! Please come along and support the kids through the charity auction, and table raffle.

If anyone has or knows of companies that may have items/products to donate for the auction, please contact [email protected]

As far as the race event goes, all entry fees goes towards the kids and the current entry listing is available on the website now...there are currently plenty of spots available, but they will fill up fast if last year is any indication.

I can confirm that there are a total of 70 spots available, and it is planned to break them up as follows:

Nitro Open - 20
Nitro Lite - 20
Open Pan - 10
Off Road - 10
EP Open - 10

If you are entering multiple divisions, please remeber to prioritise you division by placing 1,2 as per instructions on the entry form.

PDNR expect this year to be the biggest yet so get your entries in and be part of something very special while supporting the kids while doing what we love - RC
Old 11-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i want to race and also help out with this event. Is there anyway i can help?

I will be racing in EP mod but wont be serious so i will have all the time in the world to help the kids. Let me know. thanks.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by offroader

I will be racing in EP mod but wont be serious so i will have all the time in the world to help the kids. Let me know. thanks.
Good to hear. If you have an old car to bring for the kids to drive on the day that would be a big help. There is 3 sessions of kids drives during the day.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Roo
Tech Master

Originally Posted by offroader

We also need help co-ordinating the kids test drives etc, so we will certainly take you up on your offer on the day! ...Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Dunny Derby

At the end of the day we will be holding the famous Dunny Derby.

All 10 dunnies will be up for auction on Tuesday 13th at the same time we are holding the auction for raising money for the kids.

A huge trophy donated by Auswide will be given to the craziest, physco, madman driver that keeps the crowd entertained throughout the derby race, so it is not he who has the dunny last, but he who entertains the crowd most.

If you think you want to get your hands on the trophy and one of these dunnies either be there on the night of the auction, or if you are coming to drive and can't make it to the auction go to the Auction Items Wanted thread and put in your bid and list it as dunny derby.

Will try & post a photo of last years dunnies.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What happened to the stock class?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.