Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Sunshine Coast Offroad Racing Club - Queensland >

Sunshine Coast Offroad Racing Club - Queensland

Sunshine Coast Offroad Racing Club - Queensland

Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi, is there a 2013 calendar of events for this track? I am VERY new and would like to see what's involved in being mid-pack. I think this is the one that had a big "track closed" sign is that right?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

It's a bit quiet on the Northern front, hopefully soon
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Old 02-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Electric

Hi, what classes do you run, I have a 1/10th elecric offroad, what is the motor limit. Some info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
HI LES,

THE SUNSHINE COAST OFF ROAD CLUB RUNS 8th & 10th NITRO/ELECTRIC BUGGY, TRUGGY AND SHORT COURSE.

FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE http://www.facebook.com/groups/scorc/.

BEST REGARDS
Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Gerry did I get it right are we racing this weekend? weather permitting because if we are it will save me a long trip to the Brick Yard
Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
HI WILL,

NO , WE ARE UNABLE TO RUN THIS WEEK END DUE TO THE WEATHER..... YET AGAIN (IT'S BEEN RELENTLESS FOR TOO LONG!!!), MAYBE NEXT WEEKEND IF POSSIBLE ....

"MORE BAD NEWS" UNFORTUNATELY THE MEAKIN MASTERS HAS ALSO BEEN POSTPHONED UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE, BUT I BELIEVE THEY MAY TRY AND HAVE A CLUB DAY THIS SUNDAY 'IF MOTHER NATURE HAS DECIDED TO BE FORGIVING' .

CATCH UP SOON, CHEERS.

BEST REGARDS
Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Les
Hi, what classes do you run, I have a 1/10th elecric offroad, what is the motor limit. Some info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Get your self a 1/8 Nitro Truggy or Buggy, Buggy being the most popular, Truggy being the most forgiving, competition is fierce, there is nothing like the thrill of real competition, its a real skill, one I am still working on constantly Losi, Associated, Mugen, Kyosho and XRay XB9 2013 Spec "Top shit" and a few others that are great kits as well, Durango, JQ THE CAR, Serpent, Ofna, Agama, RB, Hot Bodies and that's about it for the quality kits, there is a few others around but these are the best but by all means bring your stadium truck, buggy or what ever you have, its all about having fun the natural highs in life are the best , the first five have good support and aren't going out of business soon, get a good motor O.S is the best and Novarossi second so I have been told, not that I have one "yet" and they are the easiest to tune which is a major "major" part of the sport of racing so I have learn't as well as clutch set-up and suspension tuning for a particular track because they are all different, anyhoo happy racing

Last edited by WillSeckold; 03-01-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Gerry, catch ya soon mate
Old 03-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok Peoples you heard right there will be a WORKING BEE THIS SUNDAY!!! If you wish the club to get back up and running you will need to be there!!! 10am start..done by 1pm... if you can bring a push mower or whipper snipper or even some weed killer that would great...then you can have drive on the track and remember to bring some money for membership...Cheers Karl....
Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default RCMAD Red Cross Flood Relief Fundraiser 18th & 19th May 2013

Radio Controlled Mackay & District will be holding a 2 dayer Flood Relief Fundraiser with nominations being donated to the Red Cross on the 18th and 19th May. nominations via slyfox with all classes available. As you all maybe aware, ex tropical cyclone Oswald caused a lot of damage thru flooding, strong winds and tornadoes which affected a lot of towns. The club decided to run a fund raiser event which will start about 1PM on saturday, running under lights on Saturday night then finishing around lunch time Sunday to allow anyone who traveled time to get home. All proceeds of the nominations will be donated to the Red Cross Flood Appeal which will hopefully be helpful to the ones who have lost everything from the floods. We will be looking at holding a raffle that will also be donated to the Red Cross if we can get businesses onboard to donate items to raffle off.All classes will be running with the club is also going to run a sportsman class (or novices) to allow anyone with limited race experience (6 months or less including juniors) an opportunity to run on a track where they can race what they bring except for 1/5th scale. They will be running on the short course track.

Nomination Fees will be as follows

1/8th Scale (Open/Pro)

$40 for 1st, $30 for 2nd, free for 3 or more

1/10th SCT $20

Sportsman's class $20

Kids under 13 $10 (parents must marshal for kids under 13)

camping will be available and the club will be using this meet to test our lighting for the QLD State Titles being held in June

There will be trophies handed out to the top 3 in each class and any juniors under 13 that competes will be given a medallion for participating.

Regards

RCMAD

Last edited by nudge41; 03-26-2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 03-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Karl, any racing this weekend?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:10 AM
Tech Adept

Is this forum finished or are we just using another or just faeces book these days
Old 04-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WillSeckold
Is this forum finished or are we just using another or just faeces book these days

The new forum cool http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ine-coast.html
Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ine-coast.html

http://www.facebook.com/groups/scorc/

Originally Posted by WillSeckold

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.