Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sunshine Coast Offroad Racing Club - Queensland

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Hi All,

Another great day of Racing.................

3 x 10 min rounds of qualifying

25 min Mains

After the usual mayhem the following driver's took the points for Round 4 of the Spring Series.........

Truggy

1st Tony Nettleton (TQ as well)
2nd Mark Stringer
3rd Adrian McGiure

Buggy

1st Aaron Stringer (TQ as well)
2nd Tyson Myers
3rd Kurt Bell

Well done to the top 3 in both classes.............. the truggy competition was really tight........ It was neck and neck on the last lap until Stringer crashed on the rhythm section allowing Nettleton to pull a six second lead which he held until the finish.

In the Buggy Final it was a race in two between Jason Dyckhoff and Aaron Stringer, both cleared out to a 2 lap lead for the first half of the final.

Stringer suffered his first flame out after the refuel allowing Dyckhoff to build up a lead of 30 seconds or so. Stringer managed to pull back the lead to around 10 seconds when Dychkoff suffered terminal radio problems and retired.

Stringer went into cruise mode........... but suffered a second flame out 4 mins before the end of the race just before the loop and went down a couple of laps.

This allowed 2nd place Myers to get within 5 seconds of Stringer, however, Stringer was able to pull away in the last couple of minutes to win by 25 seconds

Full results will be up on our website in the next couple of days

If you wish to be in contention for the series win (and get your very own trophy) you need to be a member before Round 5 of the Spring Series.

Cheers

Mark
Old 10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Results for Sunday, October 4th.

Hello everyone.
Mark has sent me the results for Sunday's racing and I have uploaded them to the club website for your viewing pleasure.
Click the link in mt signature panel below to go to the club website and go to the "results" page.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for great days racing guys, if you guys stay racing on BDR's off week i will make the trip up more often.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

This particular topic has been playing on my mind for a while now so I thought I would put it out there:-
Marshalling - Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure sombody will!!!!!
My interpretation of a marshall is somebody who (after there own race) volenteers their time to place an RC car back on the track after a crash, if it was because the driver crashed by themselves or had a tangle with another car.
If the driver crashed by themselves it's not anybodies fault but their own, don't yell abuse at somebody who is on the track to help you out. Remember, you could always get down from the tower and flip the car yourself. Would that be quicker?????
On the other hand, if two cars have a tangle, most of the time it's a racing incident but can also be caused by another driver having an accident and taking you out. Of these examples I cannot see any indication that it is the marshalls fault that YOU crashed.
Yes I agree that a marshall should, to the best of their ability, get to a car as quick as they can to make it possible for the driver to continue racing. Do YOU put in 100% when you're marshalling.
I would not have liked to be the parents watching their young son volenteer (not racing) marshall a race for the first time & witness the carry-on from the drivers stand of this "Family" sport. The young bloke was lucky to get away with only a minor exhaust burn!
Thanks Nathan & Karl for helping my 10 year old son TY pit for me in the truggy final.
He is looking forward to actually getting out there and racing himself.
That's my 2 cents - let the shit fight begin
Old 10-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In the most part 1/8th off road nitro racing in Australia is run under the AARCMCC governing body, and within these rules you are not permitted to use offensive language whatsoever and most SEQ clubs have made it a mission to stamp out this form of behavour from any driver / mechanic / competitor. If you hear anyone using bad language and others around you will confirm who the culprit is then report them to the race director who should then take the apropriate action.

Whilst marshalling it is prefered that you watch your section of the track but we have all at some time been caught out watching a good battle for the lead and missed a car on its roof next to our feet.

Good marshalling is unfortunatly not rewarded that well at club or state level maybe its time for a change as i know of several people who work their buts off week in week out and on the flip side there are others who have their arms painted on and backsides stuck on the milk crate.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i go by the theory that you should marshall other cars the way you want to be marshalled.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BOO80
This particular topic has been playing on my mind for a while now so I thought I would put it out there:-
Marshalling - Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure sombody will!!!!!
My interpretation of a marshall is somebody who (after there own race) volenteers their time to place an RC car back on the track after a crash, if it was because the driver crashed by themselves or had a tangle with another car.
If the driver crashed by themselves it's not anybodies fault but their own, don't yell abuse at somebody who is on the track to help you out. Remember, you could always get down from the tower and flip the car yourself. Would that be quicker?????
On the other hand, if two cars have a tangle, most of the time it's a racing incident but can also be caused by another driver having an accident and taking you out. Of these examples I cannot see any indication that it is the marshalls fault that YOU crashed.
Yes I agree that a marshall should, to the best of their ability, get to a car as quick as they can to make it possible for the driver to continue racing. Do YOU put in 100% when you're marshalling.
I would not have liked to be the parents watching their young son volenteer (not racing) marshall a race for the first time & witness the carry-on from the drivers stand of this "Family" sport. The young bloke was lucky to get away with only a minor exhaust burn!
Thanks Nathan & Karl for helping my 10 year old son TY pit for me in the truggy final.
He is looking forward to actually getting out there and racing himself.
That's my 2 cents - let the shit fight begin

Nice one Grant.............. I would go as far to say that i have never seen an racing incident/crash/tangle that was caused by a marshall..........

And Tony you have some very good points as well, I would like to see the 4 clubs produce a code of conduct ( I am sure that we would find that we all have very similar codes now) that could be applied to racers/pit crew etc for a range of things such as bad sportmanship, bad language etc.

This "Code of Conduct" would allow an even response to the above issues. In fact I would propose that we take it one step further and impose the penalty handed out by say our club under the code of conduct rules be applied by all clubs at once.

So as an example if it the situation was deemed necessary by one club that a 2 week ban was applied to a competitor than the other 3 clubs would prohibit that person from racing as well for the given time frame.

As it stands now if we were to ban a competitor for 2 weeks they can simply drive to BDR, Meakin or the Gold Coast and continue racing the following weekend.............

As Tony mentioned marshalls are not the most carted for group at racing meets......... so maybe it is time for the clubs as a group to work together to right this issue.

Cheers

Mark
Old 10-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Adro
i go by the theory that you should marshall other cars the way you want to be marshalled.
wild thing never requires a marshal
Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

If our individual club committes report the offenders to AARCMCC with a recommended time to be suspended this along with the name and shame factor i feel would place more pressure on the competitors to do the right thing.
Unless the race director or a senior committee member witnesses the infringment it generally comes down to a he said she said situation, this is where are senior members from all clubs should be called upon to bear witness and encourage the offended to go and see the race director.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bosh
wild thing never requires a marshal
LOL.......... I did for 6 seconds on Sunday

Still I was in front at the time
Old 10-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bosh
If our individual club committes report the offenders to AARCMCC with a recommended time to be suspended this along with the name and shame factor i feel would place more pressure on the competitors to do the right thing.
Unless the race director or a senior committee member witnesses the infringment it generally comes down to a he said she said situation, this is where are senior members from all clubs should be called upon to bear witness and encourage the offended to go and see the race director.
AARCMCC................. YEAH THAT WILL WORK
Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys, i just joined up last sundy, i was suppose to come race this sundy gone but i broke my chassis during the week, so will be a while before i come back out, welcome to give me a call if guys need a hand with maintenance of the track

cheers rob
Old 10-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoBB
hey guys, i just joined up last sundy, i was suppose to come race this sundy gone but i broke my chassis during the week, so will be a while before i come back out, welcome to give me a call if guys need a hand with maintenance of the track

cheers rob
Welcome aboard Rob................ thanks for the offer I will try not to abuse it to much
Old 10-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Thing
Welcome aboard Rob................ thanks for the offer I will try not to abuse it to much
haha no worries, what days do you usually do maintenance?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoBB
haha no worries, what days do you usually do maintenance?
Actually we will be out this Saturday..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.