Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 03-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

wonder what they are going to do in regards to tuned pipes. the EFRA list is pretty skinny & the IFMAR list is yet to impose the same rules. I haven't found any list of approved pipes for FEMCA yet, & as AARCMCC comes under FEMCA, & FEMCA is holding the worlds this year it would be interesting to know what rules they're racing under.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:21 AM
EG1
Tech Regular

I ran my savage at the MV track for the first time today, I wanted to run it in bash mode first to see how it would handle. Truck was a complete POS as expected, so I changed over to offset maxx dish wheels and bowties, 4 shocks ect and it was a night & day difference. I need to grab a complete HD 2 speed tranny off ebay for racing because I don't need the extra low end or top end from the 3 speed, with 17/49 gearing on my sts 28 its just way too much.

The track was a bit rough and the double on the back straight still needs some love as its pretty chunked out. Had a blast though!

Also, if anybody is wondering if they should mix their own fuel, DO IT! I went to Scotcher Pet. and purchased 4L Methanol, 1L nitro, 1 gallon synthetic & 1 gallon castor and made a 2L batch to start: 25% nitro/10% synthetic/5% Castor. I couldn't believe how much better my engine ran! It would get through the revs ALOT quicker than before and was so much smoother.

I'll be back down tommrow afternoon with a bunch of small changes. My biggest concern is not making a 10 min. main w/o re-filling my 125cc tank.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EG1
I ran my savage at the MV track for the first time today, I wanted to run it in bash mode first to see how it would handle. Truck was a complete POS as expected, so I changed over to offset maxx dish wheels and bowties, 4 shocks ect and it was a night & day difference. I need to grab a complete HD 2 speed tranny off ebay for racing because I don't need the extra low end or top end from the 3 speed, with 17/49 gearing on my sts 28 its just way too much.

The track was a bit rough and the double on the back straight still needs some love as its pretty chunked out. Had a blast though!

Also, if anybody is wondering if they should mix their own fuel, DO IT! I went to Scotcher Pet. and purchased 4L Methanol, 1L nitro, 1 gallon synthetic & 1 gallon castor and made a 2L batch to start: 25% nitro/10% synthetic/5% Castor. I couldn't believe how much better my engine ran! It would get through the revs ALOT quicker than before and was so much smoother.

I'll be back down tommrow afternoon with a bunch of small changes. My biggest concern is not making a 10 min. main w/o re-filling my 125cc tank.
the track does get churned up pretty bad between meets...
maybe ill see you at the track if your there about lunch time tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
EG1
Tech Regular

I should be there sometime around 2ish, gotta try and get at least 6 hrs sleep when I get home. Night shift = getting sleepy
Old 03-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

i've been messing with different fuels for a while now & fianally found a blend that works rally well in my Novarossi last race meet. changing a small % of nitro & oils makes a huge diference.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rules

Current Rules for Nitro Off-Road via AARCMCC attached. The MT Rules aren't sanctioned yet, file provided is courtesy of Shepparton Club and forms the draft of the AARCMCC rules. 1/8th buggy will follow in the next few days.

No need to re-invent the wheel!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
generalrules1.pdf (117.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: doc
Monster-Truck- Rules.doc (22.5 KB, 164 views)
File Type: doc
offical truggie rules v1.doc (25.0 KB, 171 views)
File Type: pdf
stadium-truck-rules.pdf (8.2 KB, 595 views)
Old 03-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bunta
Current Rules for Nitro Off-Road via AARCMCC attached. The MT Rules aren't sanctioned yet, file provided is courtesy of Shepparton Club and forms the draft of the AARCMCC rules. 1/8th buggy will follow in the next few days.

No need to re-invent the wheel!
cheers mate, thats what we've been looking for.

you will see we were actually working from a set of rules which are similar to them in my previous post as it states stuff like wheel sizes etc

"To tech questionable MTs, remove the wheels, place MT on flat surface, compress the vehicle fully and a ruler (or 1.5" gauge) could be used vertically to measure the engine above the surface. "

Last edited by oblivion; 03-28-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow! A considerable amount of work involved getting a 1/10th ST to race specs...
Old 03-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

yeah and no .21 or .23 bb's in the MT class either, minimum is a .25.
so my os.21 is not legal, and neither is the RB TM323 (.23) i wanted to get later in the year
Old 03-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi
EG1 were do u get your fuel from?
cheers bart
Old 03-29-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

or anyone were do u get your fuel from to mix?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

scotcher petroleum, senna road wingfield.
most of us use the cool power products.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

ok thanks for that. is it hard??
never done it b4
but wanting 2 try!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:23 AM
EG1
Tech Regular

Its extremely easy to make it yourself. Just make sure you get a good measuring cup/beaker, they have them @ Scotcher for about $22 bucks or ebay has plenty of glassware. Also its $16 for a 20 liter methanol can w/ spout.

The oil is $55 a gallon, the nitro is $22 a liter and the methanol is $1 a liter. I plan on buying 4-5 liters of methanol and 1 liter of nitro each time I go. That way its always fresh and I don't have a ton of chemicals sitting in the house.

I figured its about $8.70 a liter, so cheaper and WAY higher quality than shop fuel. My next batch I'm going to try a 8% sythetic/8% castor mix instead of the 10%/5% I did my first time.

The adjustments I did made a huge difference at the track. My biggest problem is run-time with the smaller 125cc tank. Qualifiers will be no problem but to make a 10 minute main I'll have to top off the tank right before the start since it takes about 3 slow laps to get the engine over 210F.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

everyone pits in the final anyway,i wouldnt try to get 10 mins and then die before you get to the pits.

hey bartman it is not hard to mix your own fuel,it is cheaper and better quality but if your gonna mix fuel for your race engine you should see what novarossi recommend because i was running 8%synthetic and 4% caster and os recomends to not go above 10%oil if you have a blend and 12%if you are running straight synthetic,on the v-spec.

also if you use straight coolpower like i am your engine will go a bit harder and rev harder but may get a bit hotter.if you run a blend your engine will not go quite as hard but will run a bit cooler and be more forgiving with the tuning.race engines need a diferent blend than a basher engine because they run better.nick g was running to much oil [14% blend] and his jp would not run properly the he found out jp reccomeds 8% he ran that and his jp was running like a champ and is very reliable and cool

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service