Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 03-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MY_LST
Glen,

Have you worked out what the results were yet?
is that an offer to come around and help me with em? (jk)

am working them out as we speak mate.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

There seems to be some confusion on racing results and i know glen is trying to keep it as fair as possible to all.
So I've been thinking about how the winner for each race class on the day is determined.

Please post comments/suggestions, these are only my thoughts as a suggestion to find a solution that is agreed upon by all.

Each driver must complete atleast 2 heats to qualify for the final. (unless driver is forced to retire from a heat due to breakage)

Final should be as name suggests (the Final) and placing in the final determines overall placing for the day.

All heat results and final results should go towards championship that way it encourages drivers to compete in all heats to give them the best chance of winning the club championship for that season.

Maybe we could look at lining up drivers on drop starter in order of qualifying positions?
I have notices in other RC racing the cars have numbered stickers on them during the final which i assume is their qualifying postion.

Numbers would also help with marshalls being able to report a driver for cutting to many corners or rejoining race after crash by bypassing part of the circuit in the process. (A particular driver did this atleast 2 times during the same heat which isn't vary fair)

I also suggest the 10 min final should be re-run (time permitting) if for some reason there is a timing malfunction or organiser malfunction (j/k). To be fair on all the 5min race as happened yesterday should be added as an extra heat with results going towards the championship. I know some voted on not re-running as a 10min as they felt they finished in a good position whether that be due to good driving or good fortune or others mis-fortune.

Now for a whinge: Marshalling at the start of races was poor (as in marshalls on track) and i lost half a lap on other drivers due to there being no marshalls
to correct my rollover. I know i wasn't the only one that was affected at some time by this.

Last edited by MY_LST; 03-12-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

There seems to be some confusion on racing results and i know glen is trying to keep it as fair as possible to all.
So I've been thinking about how the winner for each race class on the day is determined.

Please post comments/suggestions, these are only my thoughts as a suggestion to find a solution that is agreed upon by all.

Each driver must complete atleast 2 heats to qualify for the final. (unless driver is forced to retire from a heat due to breakage)

Final should be as name suggests (the Final) and placing in the final determines overall placing for the day.

All heat results and final results should go towards championship that way it encourages drivers to compete in all heats to give them the best chance of winning the club championship for that season.
Jim, theres really no need.. All i need to do is just get a pref setting changed by Smeddy. (hes more familiar with Alycat than i am)
last meet smeddy sorted out the A/B finals sorting which now works a treat.

the only prob we had this week was with the presentation report being ONLY based from finals result and not taking into account the heat results..
I just need to give smeddy a bit of extra work and get him to sort it out for us.

Maybe we could look at lining up drivers on drop starter in order of qualifying positions?
I have notices in other RC racing the cars have numbered stickers on them during the final which i assume is their qualifying postion.
or if people prefer, we could do a Le-mans grid start for the final and only use the drop starter in the heats?

BUT!!! everyones car must idle for a minimum of 15 seconds with wheels on ground + car not inching forward.

Usually with other clubs, they do lemans start for the final.
  • 30 sec from start marshalls are lined up side by side down the main straight holding RC in the air.
  • at the 10 second remaining call all cars are put on the ground and marshalls step back off the track. (they are lined up like diagonal car parking spaces are)
  • After "drivers watch your cars" you hear our start sound randomly within 1-4 sec's later (as per usual) and then everyone accelerates forward and makes a slight left turn to accelerate down the main straight.
It could actually be more exciting to do the final starts that way.. OR option#2 is for me to spray a start grid thats typical of most motorsport grids, like they do at mitchell Park sometimes.. you would still need to idle ok, but you would run the risk of ramming up the arse of a stalled car (i think thats why most do lemans start)
Old 03-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oblivion

the only prob we had this week was with the presentation report being ONLY based from finals result and not taking into account the heat results..
I just need to give smeddy a bit of extra work and get him to sort it out for us.
But thats what i am talking about. Correct me if i'm wrong but as i understand it the results are based on the best 3 finishes dropping the worst. which could possibly result in a person winning all the heats and coming 5th in the final and winning the day? I know you are trying to prevent people not running all the heats and just the final.

Or is it that the results are based on the finals result and the best 2 heat results?
Old 03-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Race Footage !

I just made a small movie of the HPI Quad Oydessy body (Darrens) check it out here ---<
Old 03-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

great vid glen.that was not me revving my guts out by the way

that is a very good idea glen.i think we should have the final as the final so even if you flamed out or broke in a heat you can still win the day.aslo having 3 heats,the person who did the best out of the three get the front of the lemans grid and so on for 2nd,3rd,4th ect.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

the quad bodies with the rider look awesome and really realistic as the rider jumps up and down over the bumps but damn are they expensive.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

if you watch glen vid closely the yellow and white hyper and the rex x next to jasons mugen are going wot.look at their tires
Old 03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

i have been working on an FAQ page for about a week, which explains pretty much everything inc. how to read the result sheets properly (ie: Lap0 is actually your "holeshot" times, lap1 is your first official lap) and the points awarded etc.

when the presentation report is incorrect i just spend an hr working out the results manually when i get home, race by race. no biggie, because getting right results on the web is my main priority.

im pretty sure i went over this before in this thread but basically, 3 heats. drop 1 worst result. that sorts you to A or B final (if required).
drivers are awarded points for EACH heat + final, as long as they get at least one lap on the timing. this means you only get 0 pts for races you DNS. thats why i always say to ppl who ask, that "we run point score meeting, & not single qual time"
double points are awarded for the final.
MT final yesterday gets regular points per race since they had two 5min races and not a 10min final due to an error.. which shall never be mentioned of again

what an A class drive from TAS PAPAS + his LST2! whoohoo he's had the truck about 2 wks and was the man on a mission yesterday with a clean sweep of wins in all races except the 2nd MT final.! (4wins from 5 is pretty good!!)
Old 03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

After finishing the results, Dave Brown gets the nod for driver of the day..

nominates in both MT + Buggy, so all day he was changing driving styles to suit the vehicle.. 3xwins + 2x2nds in MT and 1x2nd + 3xwin in buggy! (1st in MT AND in buggy!)

Last edited by oblivion; 03-12-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

My daughter loved watching the HPI Quad bodies going around
Old 03-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

had a ball yesterday, had a few issues (poor low end tuning & a split fuel line causing stalls on hard landings & battery pack dumping on the main straight in the main) but all in all when i was on the track it seemed to be working well. i retuned the P5 this arvo & now it holds a tune really well, sits at idle for ages & still pings off the line. tidied up te top end as well. all i need now is for another race. the new fuel mix i tried works awesome, nice & cool & awesome power to boot. i should have spent the time yesterday morning to tune it properly for the new fuel blend.

thanks to all for making it a fun day.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

so that was your stalling prob jason.i am itching to race again i drilled my pistons out to 1.5mm today and with 30 wt it feels worlds better than before i also fixed my brakes so i am set to race again.too bad it is a whole month away but i was impressed with my starts[that seems to be the only thing that went right for me ]
Old 03-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
but i was impressed with my starts[that seems to be the only thing that went right for me ]
With a buggy thats a kilo lighter you should be good off the start
Old 03-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

yeah jason 30% nitro and 12% coolpower worked well for me.my engine ran like 85degc all day and had sick power.

hey guys i was traction rolling in some spots like the end of the straight do you think it was because my shocks where fairly hard.i know my shock oil was to blame for the car bouncing around.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service