Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 11-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Giz,

What work was carried out saturday??

And what is planned for the working bee, would be nice if we could have some info on what is to be changed on the track and what exactly the goal is from the working bee.

Cheers
Old 11-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default track

hey giz i know u said there wld b some heavy machinery on the track on saturday, but you also said that the last day the track wld b open for practice wld b this thursday. A few of us went down on sunday only 2 find the track destroyed, not even a single section able 2 b practiced. Wld have been good 2 know...
Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Last Sat was supposed to be a general cleanup of the loose stuff back into the main part of the track so we could see how much clay we needed to bring in......

We got a bit carried away with the bobcat and with the limited time we had available, started doing the minor track changes early as next weekend looks to be another extramly hot weekend.

Next Sat Sun, will be track construction, jump rebuild/repair, painting, Concreteing, cleanups and a bit of other stuff.

More heavy equiptment is on its way in next weekend, but not as heavy as the bobcat we had this weekend. We had to do the bobcat work ourselves this time as our regular operator has a few medical issues and was unavailable. Thats why we started early this time.

Ill be trying to get down there tonight to do a bit of a clean up but cant promise anything as work is swamping me atm.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Track changes?

What will be changed? Do the club members get a look at the new layout/changes?

Do we get a say?

Seeya saturday,
Cheers
Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hey

Gizo, thought track work was to be done on this weekend. didn't here from you.
How bad is the track now? Do we need to call in Backyard Blitz and get a track makeover. Did you remove the grass or blend it in with the dirt? Dear oh dear,boys and there toys.
See ya on Sat...PHil
Old 11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hey

Shayne ygpm
Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had a look at the track yesterday,didnít take long to work out the new design now itís a figure 8.
Shame nothing was posted on here being short of a bobcat operator as I use to be a bobcat/tipper hire and could have driven it for you.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hey

Aussie YGPM
Old 11-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default communication

Originally Posted by Aussie
Had a look at the track yesterday,didnít take long to work out the new design now itís a figure 8.
Shame nothing was posted on here being short of a bobcat operator as I use to be a bobcat/tipper hire and could have driven it for you.
It is called " lack of communication " between committie member and club member.Good communication=Good relationship
Old 11-03-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Glaad I'm not on any comitties anymore you get caned no matter what you do with the minimal help you get
Old 11-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tazmadman
Glaad I'm not on any comitties anymore you get caned no matter what you do with the minimal help you get
Sure.

Maybe if the members were told that there was a bobcat last saturday we would have come and helped out, i know i would have.

If we dont know, we cant help. keeping the new layout all secretive is not the way to go, we have not even seen a list of proposed changes to the track and a bobcat has already been and ripped up MV.

Memebers have not had a say in the layout, the people that should be designing the layouts are unfortunately not being consulted.

Also just wondering if MT will still be run with only 6 entries?

Normally the cutoff is 8 or 10, will be a headache for the race director getting extra marshalls for the heat that the MT's will marshall with only 6 guys, would hate to be in that heat.

Cheers

Last edited by hyper7vspec; 11-03-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

There's no pleasing you is there Andrew and Marco?

first you complain about the track not going to be changed for the states and now that it is you complain about not being consulted about proposed layout changes.

I am in no way part of the commitee but considering the limited time they have to make these changes in time for the states don't you think a public debate on what the layout should be would delay the process.

I for one consider ourselves lucky we will have a new track layout to race on for the states.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MY_LST

first you complain about the track not going to be changed for the states and now that it is you complain about not being consulted about proposed layout changes.

I am in no way part of the commitee but considering the limited time they have to make these changes in time for the states don't you think a public debate on what the layout should be would delay the process.

I for one consider ourselves lucky we will have a new track layout to race on for the states.
limited time?

sorry but there has been plenty of time between say nationals and now to
ask the members what changes they may like to see happen with the track

im sure had it been asked everyone would have had some great ideas
and overall we could have come up with a layout that everyone (or most)
agreed upon, as it stands we have no idea whats going on with the track
just that there will be some changes made.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MY_LST

Spot on

Thats exactly what we are complaining about Jim.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would have interpreted the words "a new track lay out" as being a track that is totally flatted sketched out from a plan moved by machinery e.g bobcat and some labour.
Is this whatís planed to happen Ö ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.