Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 08-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbine_au View Post
Does that mean, those that nominate between 9:15 and 9:45 pay the normal fee?

$5 for members that get there before 9:15? I'd rather pay $10 and keep the club financially viable.
Between 9:15 and 9:45 there will be no entries taken. As was said, it's a bit of an experiment to see what sort of response we get. You are more than welcome to still pay the $10.....
Old 08-28-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Ok, well I'll hold my thoughts till after the experiment, but I have my reservations.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys,with all this talk about the track and andrew forwarding his ideas,and seeing how brad posted a clean track plan,i thought it was time to show the ideas floating around in my head for the last couple of months.

existing main straight and first turn(banked slightly)onto a large single jump then raised turn two,down to a small set of doubles,then left into old single,tabletop,single on to existing raised lefthander.very small bump,into esses,left turn with three small ripples,then it gets interesting,large raised left hander,then left into large ramp over track and onto down ramp.then four or five average size jumps,into hairpin left,small straight into right,over existing tabletop,then right through series of drop offs,then existing chicane back onto main straight.
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-idea.jpg  

Last edited by revo-talized; 08-28-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

That layouts not too bad revo-talized. the only problem with it is the cross-over. I would have to be a bridge over the track. You couldnt have it as a jump incase someone doesnt make it over and then they get t-boned by another car.

Im not trying to shoot down the idea of a cross-over, i quite like it, but last time we did the track there was the idea of a cross-over but there was problems getting it through council i think. But im all for the cross-over if we can get it in, adds just that bit more flair to the track.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Cross-over would be wicked, but there would be problems with it.

Revo... In your plan, there isn't sufficient run-up for people to make the distance comfortably. Good use of it, but would be tricky for some of the noobs.

The other problem as mentioned would be it would need to be a bridge structure for safety. But alas, for safety, we would have to over-engineer it to be able to cope with motorbikes, otherwise if a motorbike went over it and it collapsed, then the track would be closed instantly by the council. I think we only need approval if the structure is over 1 metre tall. We would need the trench to be nearly that deep to make it easier to get crashed vehicles out. Thats the reason that a lot of the cross-overs are just jumps over the other track, to make it easy to right flipped cars.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Turbine_au View Post
Does that mean, those that nominate between 9:15 and 9:45 pay the normal fee?

$5 for members that get there before 9:15? I'd rather pay $10 and keep the club financially viable.
Guys,

What wasn't made entirely clear in the SDMCC post, is that the committee is looking at ways to try and encourage drivers to help before the meet, with track grooming and equipment setup (particularly the fencing).

Basically, the $5 discount is for anyone who brings a spade and/or rake with them, and nominates before 09:15, BUT you WILL be expected to put in about 30 minutes of work on the track or help with the fence and gear.

Those who can't handle moderate labour are also eligible - Gizmo and I will find something for you to help us with too.

Our objective is to get the meet started on time, with a well groomed track ready for lots of great racing !

The discount will not be offered for every meet, so don't worry - the club isn't going to go broke doing it. If the trial is successful, we will probably just do it periodically, or as the Track Maintainence Coordinator sees the need. If we can keep the track in reasonable condition, we hope to save money by not needing to hire machines for large working-bees quite so often.

The committee acknowleges some people will not wish to participate in the discount scheme for various personal reasons, and you will not be thought any less of for doing so - this is purely voluntary.

Conversely, anyone who can't arrive early but is still willing to help us setup in the morning or pack-up at the end of the day - you will be welcomed with open arms !

Gizmo and I will explain all this in more detail at the Driver's Briefing next Sunday... If we don't get rained-out again !

G.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi,maybe i am wrong but i think we were talking about to hold an open meeting with all the menbers and committe to talk about all this issues.It looks like is not going to happen but what i can see is that we got new rules.So who goes there on friday or saturday to work on the track for sunday race has to still pay $5 or he will get a free enter for the race.In my opinion i think all this is just ridiculous but i know that i am just a menber and i don t make and at this point i don t want to make any decison or rules. It takes me nearly one hour to get to the track so this new rule is ok for me.I can sleep more ,be there at 10 am and just pay $5 more. Fine for me.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions??

Just throwing this out there to the committee....

I hear there are some proposed MT rule changes and the club gets a vote on them.

Just wondering when these rules would be made available to the members (in particular the MT drivers) so we can read them and furthermore when are the we voting on them?

Cheers

DN
Old 08-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

A crossover jump would work, if you had enough run up, and you oversized the jump so clearing it was a breeze.

Thanks for clarifying the $5 discount thing. If it's only once in a while, I can see the benefit. It still won't replace the work that needs to go in prior to the day, but it will help to prepare the track on the day.

I too would still like to have an open meeting regarding track layout PRIOR to the working bee. We really need to have exactly what we're going to do set in stone so there's no confusion on the day. Hiring the equipment cost money that we can't waste discussing where things should go. And we really need to have only ONE person on the day talking to the bobcat guy.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

Okay Guys, I've just been down to the track to determine if we race tomorrow or not.

The main straight, and the chicane after the table-top are greasy, but there is no standing water and the rest of the track is reasonably firm.

If we don't get any more significant rain, we should be okay.

So, in consultation with Gizmo and Jarrod, your dedicated Race Directors have decided...

We will run the meet tomorrow !

Those who came to the previous meet can expect the track to appear in a similar condition as it was then. It will be muddy during the morning and dry-out by around lunch time ready for the mains, if we don't get any more rain through the day.

If you have mud tyres (Badlands etc) I suggest you bring them for the morning runs.

See you all there !

G.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Adept

Marco,
You will not pay any extra for arriving at your normal time. You will pay the same amount you always have. The $5 is a discount for those who turn-up early, and help with track-grooming and setup.

Everyone please note, we are not starting the discount scheme tomorrow. You can all arrive at your normal times. (Unless you want to come early and do some track work for free.) The discount scheme will only apply for the September 14 meet.

Turbine, Myles (and others),
I believe Gizmo is still intending to run an open meeting before the working-bee. He will probably tell us more at the driver's briefing tomorrow. I will bring some A4 sheets of paper with Turbine's blank track layout on it and you can all draw your ideas/suggestions for Gizmo and the committee to consider. (You should bring some pens/crayons etc.)

G.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Club issues

Hello All SDMCC Members.
This is only my opinion and should not reflect the feelings of other club members. I think the club is going to get it self into trouble if it does not listen (atently) to its members. Recently you have all been witness to comments made by various club members as to there concerns/ideas about what the club might do to apease its members in way of improvements. There were calls for an open (all members) meeting to discuss what many really want in the way of input to the overall running of the club(thats the way i percieved it anyway) but this was ignored. Instead, we suddendly get the news on this forum that there will be overnight changes and a random date set for the working bee. Nice job on picking up on the fact that you have not got a club without club members. We are not children (although we race toy cars) and should not be treated like such. It would have been refreshing for the club to call a meeting (even if it was held at the Morphettvale track) and at least entertain the idea of a free open debate as to the future of the club. Constant rule changes and lack of direction a club does not make. I hear the call for more volunteers to get things moving, but this is personal choice considering membership is $50 a season. No one is saying that the efforts of the indivduals running the club is not recognised but i dont race for free! Guys, at the end of the day all that i am saying is run the greatest(and only nitro off road club in the south)to the best of your abilities or run a ordinary one that will easily be forgotten in 12 months time as it had been once before. (Sad face).
Old 08-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thehornet View Post
Hello All SDMCC Members.
This is only my opinion and should not reflect the feelings of other club members. I think the club is going to get it self into trouble if it does not listen (atently) to its members. Recently you have all been witness to comments made by various club members as to there concerns/ideas about what the club might do to apease its members in way of improvements. There were calls for an open (all members) meeting to discuss what many really want in the way of input to the overall running of the club(thats the way i percieved it anyway) but this was ignored. Instead, we suddendly get the news on this forum that there will be overnight changes and a random date set for the working bee. Nice job on picking up on the fact that you have not got a club without club members. We are not children (although we race toy cars) and should not be treated like such. It would have been refreshing for the club to call a meeting (even if it was held at the Morphettvale track) and at least entertain the idea of a free open debate as to the future of the club. Constant rule changes and lack of direction a club does not make. I hear the call for more volunteers to get things moving, but this is personal choice considering membership is $50 a season. No one is saying that the efforts of the indivduals running the club is not recognised but i dont race for free! Guys, at the end of the day all that i am saying is run the greatest(and only nitro off road club in the south)to the best of your abilities or run a ordinary one that will easily be forgotten in 12 months time as it had been once before. (Sad face).
Nathan, can you be more specific about these 'overnight changes' that you are referring to? The trial for the September 14th meeting you may be referring to is the result of listening to suggestions and points put forward by members of the club.

On your point of the 'random' working bee scheduled for Sept 20-21; how is the date of this working bee any more 'random' than any other that the committee has organised in the past? I don't understand your point.

Unless I missed the point completely, the 'open meeting' that you mentioned may be the suggestion of an open forum for people to voice their opinions on track layouts.

After reading the shit that has been put up on this forum over the last few days, i think that a few people have forgotten that 'the committee' is just a bunch of poeple like you that give up their own time to make things happen for everybody else. We get nothing more out of our $50 membership than anybody else.

Last edited by ringo; 08-30-2008 at 06:26 AM. Reason: can't spell.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Turbine, Myles (and others),
I believe Gizmo is still intending to run an open meeting before the working-bee. He will probably tell us more at the driver's briefing tomorrow. I will bring some A4 sheets of paper with Turbine's blank track layout on it and you can all draw your ideas/suggestions for Gizmo and the committee to consider. (You should bring some pens/crayons etc.)
Cheers mate. That's all I was asking for. I apologise if my posts seem like I was having a go, I really wasn't. I was just wanting to double check that we could all get together as a club and have a chat regarding the layout, nothing more. Sometimes pretty pictures with crayons and forum posts don't do a track idea justice.

The trial for the discount makes sense once it was explained. Actually makes a lot of sense and might mean a few more people help out prepping the track.

Anyway, see you all bright and early tomorrow morning.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new racer

.how is your new racer going

Last edited by sicksavage; 08-30-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service