R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #751
Tech Regular
 
Sniffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool Movies.....

No probs Integrated

Good to see some nice movies to look at - always different when you see your truck/buggy/car in action from a different perspective

If anyone else involved with the MV track (and a member of SDMCC) has some movies they'd like hosted let me know and we'll get something organised.

edit: After a little feed back from people re: speed and reliability of our server - is it good/bad/otherwise?

Off topic a little - do many of you guys bash at Aberfoyle BMX - went for a look last night and it looks like some awsome jumps might even sneak outta work this arvo and get me some "expression session"*

Sniffer

* My lame attempt at being 'hip' - really means might go and break my truck
Sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #752
Tech Master
 
oblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffer
No probs Integrated

Good to see some nice movies to look at - always different when you see your truck/buggy/car in action from a different perspective

If anyone else involved with the MV track (and a member of SDMCC) has some movies they'd like hosted let me know and we'll get something organised.

edit: After a little feed back from people re: speed and reliability of our server - is it good/bad/otherwise?

Off topic a little - do many of you guys bash at Aberfoyle BMX - went for a look last night and it looks like some awsome jumps might even sneak outta work this arvo and get me some "expression session"*

Sniffer

* My lame attempt at being 'hip' - really means might go and break my truck
dont worry mate, you will know your "hip" when your with me doing a pre-show RC MT demonstration before the 1:1 MT's come out for a run.. high possibility we will be at speedway city in Feb infront of a few thousand like my last RC Demo for the MT's and Supercross Masters at teh Adelaide Ent. Cent. :P

If its anything like our last demonstration we will have the crowd cheering and laughing, and you better have enough money to afford a "grin-ectamy" afterwards. I was grinning like a cheshire cat for weeks

/me provides a few pics as proof of our fun night.



ooh the sound of those engines!! aint nothing like being 4Ft from a monster trucks exhaust, your whole body shakes with the sound hitting your chest as you watch methanol flames licking out its headers before it roars off toward the cars gosh i love that..
__________________
gone flying...
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #753
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Adelaide..
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex
Default

dont exclude us buggies if you get a chance to do another one glenn
__________________
;)
v0rtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #754
Tech Regular
 
Sniffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion
dont worry mate, you will know your "hip" when your with me doing a pre-show RC MT demonstration before the 1:1 MT's come out for a run.. high possibility we will be at speedway city in Feb infront of a few thousand like my last RC Demo for the MT's and Supercross Masters at teh Adelaide Ent. Cent. :P
COOL, heres how much you can bank on the "Zone 3 RC Club" being there:

Sniffer 99.9%
Ralfy 95%
Goose Goose 95%
Merciful Death 80%

All we need is the date and we may even be able to firm up those commitments

Sniffer

PS. looks like you might need me to host your pics too
Sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #755
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Adelaide, SA
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffer
Off topic a little - do many of you guys bash at Aberfoyle BMX - went for a look last night and it looks like some awsome jumps might even sneak outta work this arvo and get me some "expression session"

Another local! I live in clarendon, 5 mins away. The aberfoyle bmx track has some big jumps but the problem is they are so big it's hard to find a spot where you can see the truck clearly both before and after the jump unless you're standing on it, which can be scary. There's no way to get around the whole track but you'll get some big air off the canyon (second big jump after the first corner). The track on candys road in happy valley is a bit better for driving because it's much tamer and you can see more. But being tamer it isn't as exciting.
BatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:13 AM   #756
Tech Master
 
oblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffer
COOL, heres how much you can bank on the "Zone 3 RC Club" being there:


All we need is the date and we may even be able to firm up those commitments

Sniffer

PS. looks like you might need me to host your pics too
25Feb, Speedway City. Not a definate confirmation at this point, just letting ppl know im trying to organise so its a high possibility.

my isp's webspace went down over the w/end, i couldnt get in to modify via ftp login either.. but seems to be fixed as of yesterday when i posted the above pics, its pretty rare they have downtime..

anyway, doubt u want my 290mb (and climbing) website on your server..
gosh its good having 290mb on your 20mb of free webspace
__________________
gone flying...
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:25 AM   #757
Tech Addict
 
Rookie 4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Oblivian

Hi glen I was down at MV on that first meeting you had on that smeltering 37 degree day. I helped you out with a few pieces of wire when the lap timer wouldnt work. I didn't have an R/C then but have since purchased a SAVAGE 4.6 SS. Looks like the track has progressed in leaps and bounds since that day!! Congrats. Anyhow I have my membership filled out and can't wait for Feb 12 to come and mix it up with the other MT's there! Just thought Id show you a pic of my savage and home made KEG STAND!

Are there any other monster truck drivers keen on some practice at MV some time????
Attached Thumbnails
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-101msd-dsc00823_dsc00823.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-101msd-dsc00824_dsc00824.jpg  
__________________
Thanks To:
TEAM RC HOBBYZONE
www.rchobbyzone.com.au
MASSIVE MODS A-MAIN & HB 444 RACING FUEL & GO ENGINES
www.massivemods.com.au
Rookie 4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:37 AM   #758
Tech Master
 
oblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie 4.6
Oblivian

Hi glen I was down at MV on that first meeting you had on that smeltering 37 degree day. I helped you out with a few pieces of wire when the lap timer wouldnt work. I didn't have an R/C then but have since purchased a SAVAGE 4.6 SS. Looks like the track has progressed in leaps and bounds since that day!! Congrats. Anyhow I have my membership filled out and can't wait for Feb 12 to come and mix it up with the other MT's there! Just thought Id show you a pic of my savage and home made KEG STAND!

Are there any other monster truck drivers keen on some practice at MV some time????
yeah theres several of us MT owners who like to go for a thrash at times, just keep an eye on this forum and the Adel. racing thread in Ausrc.com - or organise a date/time yourself and im sure you will see other MTs and get a chance to run over a few of those P.I.A. buggys

glad you like the layout, there is a few minor changes (as seen above) that will be implemented hopefully before the next meet..

thats a smart looking truck dude, gotta love that keg stand coz its even colour co-ordinated to your savy!! i hope its filled with an icey cold refreshing beverage on raceday

hmm i feel like im being ganged up on already, at our next meet its like 6 savy's onto a few LST's and my 1/8th bigblock Tmaxx
__________________
gone flying...
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:51 AM   #759
Tech Addict
 
Rookie 4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I was at the last MT Jump Mania and was wondering who the lucky bas#$#ds were drivin there toys B4 the main event, guess I know now!!
__________________
Thanks To:
TEAM RC HOBBYZONE
www.rchobbyzone.com.au
MASSIVE MODS A-MAIN & HB 444 RACING FUEL & GO ENGINES
www.massivemods.com.au
Rookie 4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #760
Tech Fanatic
 
promugenman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 782
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
yeah theres several of us MT owners who like to go for a thrash at times, just keep an eye on this forum and the Adel. racing thread in Ausrc.com - or organise a date/time yourself and im sure you will see other MTs and get a chance to run over a few of those P.I.A. buggys
whats this about PIA buggies???? when do we ever get in your way? i remember having to dodge overturned MTs quite often
promugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #761
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Adelaide..
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex
Default

we cant get in thier way because they cant keep up!
__________________
;)
v0rtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #762
Tech Master
 
oblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex
we cant get in thier way because they cant keep up!
jim already proved ya's wrong on that one, or do u want him to do the car crushin thing on your buggies again as proof?

as for the MT demo, we did have buggies + ST's out there with us last time..
i just hope they allow more ppl, last time they only allowed 8 per day and we ended up with disapointed ppls
__________________
gone flying...
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #763
Tech Regular
 
Nige69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 378
Default

Those that weren't able to go were hugely dissappointed, specially when the lucky ones started gloating about how much fun it was

The Supercross master track is the only place i have managed to break anything on my Hyper7, and even then it was only a shock shaft broke after an awkward landing when trying to clear the triples (that some of the supercrossers were having trouble clearing)... The sort of triple where you stand on top of the middle one and watch your buggy go overhead

Would definately love to go to the speedway, but if places are limited, tehn i will step aside and let someone else go along who hasn't experienced the thrill and adrenalin rush of being in front of the crowds "showing off" our "toys" LOL
__________________
Cars: Rovan Baja 260s | Mugen MBX5R | HoBao Hyper 7 PBS | Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2.5 | Losi Mini-Baja (brushless upgrade) | QRF400 Motorbike - JR-R1 - Spektrum
Helicopters: Velocity 50 | 6S Mini-Titan E325 | Align TRex 600 Nitro | Blade MCX & MCPX - JR DSX9 (9502)
My Site: http://www.intertech.net.au/dnn4/
Nige69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:20 AM   #764
Tech Addict
 
Rookie 4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hellfire

Hi guys, just wondering if any of you have come across HPI's latest creation the HELLFIRE. This thing looks like it will hammer!! Check it out.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/kitMain.php?partNo=10500
__________________
Thanks To:
TEAM RC HOBBYZONE
www.rchobbyzone.com.au
MASSIVE MODS A-MAIN & HB 444 RACING FUEL & GO ENGINES
www.massivemods.com.au
Rookie 4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:22 AM   #765
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Adelaide..
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex
Default

thats the truggy, isnt it? URL isnt working for me..
__________________
;)
v0rtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunshine Coast Offroad Racing Club - Queensland bigfix Australian Racing 3166 11-13-2013 03:28 PM
Adelaide Nitro ON-ROAD NitroRacerSA Australian Racing 786 04-15-2009 08:13 PM
Any Nitro Racing Club in Montreal? Frag Nitro On-Road 3 09-22-2008 05:39 PM
NEW CLUB NITRO OFFROAD INFO ??? varietymick Australian Racing 1 09-18-2007 06:34 AM
Nitro Off-Road Racing in Adelaide RaZZa Australian Racing 8 12-25-2006 04:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net