Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

it would of been good if a few more jumps were made but i wasnt there either and i guess most ppl like flat tracks. apart from the the triple-double, the track is pretty weak IMO, but hey its still a track we can use
Old 03-02-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

track looks great - well done to all who chipped in - special mention to Grant/Giz/Myles and Tony I think they pretty much been at it since Friday evening

thanks myles for the spin of the revo (just got out of my acid shower - killed all the germs ) well I've decided that Myles is an extremely hard man on his truck - didnt matter what I did to it today it simply wouldn't break

serious tho as for the MTs and I reckon the truggies too - the new concrete moguls pose no threat - even with his engine in run-in tune (a bit boggy) the revo was all but clearing them tonight - when you slowed down it simply skipped across the top - hell I even hit them sliding sideways and still survived !

reckon the bugs will skip across the top too. might be a different story if they were spread a bit more - but time will tell.

the look of the track has me contemplating taking a screwdriver to the Savage........might have to put the black springs back on and get some brakes working.....hmmmm we'll see

DN
Old 03-02-2008, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

is it just me, or in that pic it looks like the back table top, has been replaced with a big double? if so...nice work, any other pics of the whole track?
Old 03-02-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dave_x8
is it just me, or in that pic it looks like the back table top, has been replaced with a big double? if so...nice work, any other pics of the whole track?
Dave,

That pic was taken about 18months ago. The double on the back straight was reduced slightly to make it safer for all concerned (primarily the marshalls)

The track mightn't have all the huge jumps like some of the tracks you see videos of, but it is a technical track that takes skill to drive. There are spots where you could risk getting big air and crash (and if you pull it off, make up heaps of time) or take it a bit easier and make the combos everytime. its up to the driver.

As nice as the big jumps are, we have to think about everyones safety first.
And if we have too many jumps, the track wouldn't flow as well as it does.

If you want heaps of jumps, then make use of the numerous bmx tracks that are scattered around everywhere.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks to all who showed up for the working bee. Was good to see a good turnout on Saturday and it sounds like today was good too.

I'd like to claim the title of Australia's best pitwall as a couple of other resident artists can attest to.

I think the ripples will work well with a bit of tuning. It's just a case of taking it slow the first couple of times till you get the rythm of them. I also like the modifications to the jumps in front of the stand, much safer.

I'm just bummed I wont get to race again till April 27.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
Thanks to all who showed up for the working bee. Was good to see a good turnout on Saturday and it sounds like today was good too.

I'd like to claim the title of Australia's best pitwall as a couple of other resident artists can attest to.

I think the ripples will work well with a bit of tuning. It's just a case of taking it slow the first couple of times till you get the rythm of them. I also like the modifications to the jumps in front of the stand, much safer.

I'm just bummed I wont get to race again till April 27.
Al least all that graffiti was covered up, i think we'll use a roller next time. I think our side looks better than Foordy's side though!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

One thing about Burners Rob, if you lay a nice base paint job it promotes them to tag it again. Paint it multiple colours that will piss em off.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Oi! I was painting on the same side as Foordy!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
Oi! I was painting on the same side as Foordy!
OOps! LOL! na good job mate. I never introduced myself, it was just a guess!!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

A Blast from the Past!

Old 03-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Green Green Grass!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GenReaper
Nar Foordy, i was told too many "Egg Spurts" spoil the broth.
As I am the only one on this thread who's used the term "egg spurt" in the past, and when I used it I was referring to myself!!!

I certainly hope you are not having a shot at me?

If so it’s no biggie and no skin off my nose, I’m just sorry you feel the need to punish the club by not attending because of my wrongly directed sarcasm.

P.s. Yes I know you have attended every other working bee since you have been involved with the club
Old 03-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rookie 4.6
Green Green Grass!
I just wish we have the moisture in the track that was there for the grass to grow. As you saw on the weekend our poor little track is as dry and a nun's ummmmm well you know the rest
Old 03-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Didn't the council tell us to stop driving our 1/1 scale cars on the grass because they didn't want the grass damaged? LOL seems amusing now...
Old 03-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Coopz
Didn't the council tell us to stop driving our 1/1 scale cars on the grass because they didn't want the grass damaged? LOL seems amusing now...
i remember them also warning us about the mud bath the site becomes in winter, but that was when we used to get rain in this state if only we could get a setup like the cascade guys at Whyalla have for watering, then we could soak the track on a regular basis (if the heavens opened up to fill a rain water tank that is )

A rare sight at MV!

another quick blast from the past!

Last edited by Integrated; 03-03-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.